Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Not sure it can be done as well as other classes, those ubers are usually done with a respec because of all the anti-minion mechanics. Do NOT take a summoner against Laz or Kabraxis or you're gonna have a bad time.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Didn‘t try them yet. I did try astrogah but that was before he got a new map. So I don‘t know.
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Astro shouldn't be too hard if you keep your minions away from his totems, and when you tele to him run away a few inches or die by his frozen orb.

I haven't done Void so I can't really offer help on it.
jwei92
Vampiress
35 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
So pretty much, the summoner is better for farming gear for other ladder chars
Naabaanit
Tyrannus Discordus
271 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
And for killing the starting and some later uber bosses. They are great for getting elemental stones too.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Basically yes. You can easily farm TA due to high MF, you can farm Toraja, fauzt and teganze easily. So basically you‘re able to access all the craftable items with this build.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Basically yes. You can easily farm TA due to high MF, you can farm Toraja, fauzt and teganze easily. So basically you‘re able to access all the craftable items with this build.

as a 120 following the guide yeah can farm TA and the tor jungle adjacent areas and fautz so no problem getting the craftable stuff
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
My first impression on the new changes for this build:

-DFT's damage bonus is basically at least doubled. Even without a bow my merc still had 7,6 k damage :D So the need of a merc is still there. It's just that you're even less required to look out for phyiscal immune enemies, since you don't mainly do physical damage now. That means that progress time in the leveling process will be lower, but fauzt is easier now. That also means your merc needs as much -enemy fire light and cold resist rather than EWD or something like that (which is still good, but not as good anymore).

-Howling totem is rather balanced now. But still, in endgame it's not worth putting more than ~20 points in it (depending on how many + skills you have) since you can easily reach the cap easily. So it basically stays the same, since we previously only wanted HT for the CB already anyway.

-Embalming gives you much less mana regeneration and thus once you have santa compana it'll be hard to maintain your summons if the summons die all the time. Maybe some mana reg orbs on rings will be needed, but this needs more testing.

-The damage bonus to minions from RC wasn't noticeable YET(!) since my SP char doesn't have any + minion damage. Gotta try out more.

-Nightwalker is still needed (I think) because Frostclaw totem doesn't get 70% damage reduction bonus like DFT and HT. However, this still needs some testing. Maybe if I summon the totems in a different order frostclaw totems are "under" HT and DFT and survive more? If that works, we probably can spend more points into Bend the shadows --> around 50-100 more MF in early game, which will make our starting MF on level 120 around 600-700. Another way would be putting the points into Lamias. -> Capped slow on all bosses -> +253 physical damage per hit (yes, that's really fucking weak...) and since rampagors are tanky on their own anyway and you resummon skeletal flayers all the time anyway, more life for the Lamia's isn't a bad thing. You could also put the points into VK to make him more tanky and actually useful. But that needs more testing. If it doesn't work it's back to spending points on Nightwalker.

-Priestress merc is probably much weaker than ranger now. It looks like the damage was reduced by a lot thanks to Spore shot having a reduced range -> less arrows flying -> less hits -> less overall damage spread. I think Ranger merc will be the way to go from now on, but I didn't test her yet, so can't tell you much yet.

-RC + DFT would be awesome in combination with Jinns, but since Jinn and RC lock each other out, that won't work :(

-Less survivability if we're not using Death Ward -> Fauzt will be really fucking hard. On the other hand, if we keep using Death Ward in that level, we won't get the nice bonus damage from RC to our DFT. The HT nerf will also make it harder to kill the adds besides Necrobots. So This build was basically nerfed hard in case of fauzt.

That were my first impressions after playing for like 5 minutes. I gotta see how well this all works out.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
hmm ouch based on first impression gonna stay with 1.1.3 its nice and stable least until some good use and testing data comes out
Quash
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
I started this build as a ladder starter before reading patch notes or updates here. I hope it works out endgame, and it's not ruined by 1.2 I really enjoyed it last season. Was my first ever summon character, and it was much smoother than I expected. *Crosses fingers*