Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
You know me... I'm a lazy guy. That's the whole reason why I created this build :D And I try to make this build as lazy as possible while the functionality is still given.

@bradr

Exactly. First shrine craft then shrine bless the item. First craft an item with shimmering shrine, then bless that item with the same type of shrine.

The same goes for the regular shrine crafted items with Magical shrines ofc.

A hint for you: Once you killed Baal, it's easier to just farm Terror cow level. You can even enter /players 8 since you are playing in SP. That way you will gain 4 times the exp. You may have to be careful, since the enemies gain considerable life as well and thus they are more dangerous to you, but you should be able to progress very quickly that way.

And yes, this build is really mostly a farmer. It can do most ubers and all the farm areas (except triune. But that's not a problem at all for this build.) It's always good to have a farm character in case you want to try out other builds but lack some items like Elemental runes.

yup i do the players 8 thing ...

and cool.. ive only fdund a few builds i want to try.. as a lot of them require respecing for almost every different encounter...and i want to avoid that...
so im sticking to ones that only have 1 or 2 main setups..and only require a little tweeking sometimes...

also how is this on void>??

im curious cause of getting enchanting crystals or is there another place to get em??
i realize void is universally hard for mot builds from what ive read

but having the ability to up grade from su to ssu or ssu to sssu seems worth having especially when farming equip for melee sorceress.. or fire paladin or other builds that are very gear expensive and dependant..
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
bradr wrote:yup i do the players 8 thing ...

and cool.. ive only fdund a few builds i want to try.. as a lot of them require respecing for almost every different encounter...and i want to avoid that...
so im sticking to ones that only have 1 or 2 main setups..and only require a little tweeking sometimes...

also how is this on void>??

im curious cause of getting enchanting crystals or is there another place to get em??
i realize void is universally hard for mot builds from what ive read

but having the ability to up grade from su to ssu or ssu to sssu seems worth having especially when farming equip for melee sorceress.. or fire paladin or other builds that are very gear expensive and dependant..

To be honest, I never tried void. I only got in there once and got instantly ripped by some witch, who dealt damage like ATMG sentry. That was mostly due to the map, since void can spawn with differnt types of maps if I remember correctly, but I never attempted it afterwards (especially since the void is one of the ubers that's considered one for the vet's) I guess you just have to try it on your own, since I won't have much time from now on. I'm busy with learning for the exams that I have in 5 weeks from now. Anyway, I'm sure you can farm anything you need in TA and Duncraig.

@LH well, I only get to 193 k defense without deathlord morph so it isn't enough to justify not using deathlord morph or minions. Minions die a lot thanks to all that poison damage, that's why I think the build I put in is the right thing. As I said: I'm lazy :D
Wolfret
Imp
4 | 0
The documentation says magical shrine can give only max +30% minion life.
Your guide says its +40%. Which one is right?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Wolfret wrote:The documentation says magical shrine can give only max +30% minion life.
Your guide says its +40%. Which one is right?

The docs. I forgot to update it. Thanks for pointing that out!

EDIT: updated it. The values on jewels were also wrong (It wasn't 20% but instead 21%)
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
my lower level char just hit lvl 60 so i can wear the honorifics you helped me with and stop farnming baalruns and start terror.. no i noticed a warning act 2 sewers is a deadly!!? but not sure i saw equip or skills or advice on how not to make it turn into "PC death fest Take 2000"

btw your subtitle for this guide thats a play on "dr strangelove (how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb) " is wonderful and one of the main reasons i first started reading your guide..LOL
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
bradr wrote:my lower level char just hit lvl 60 so i can wear the honorifics you helped me with and stop farnming baalruns and start terror.. no i noticed a warning act 2 sewers is a deadly!!? but not sure i saw equip or skills or advice on how not to make it turn into "PC death fest Take 2000"

btw your subtitle for this guide thats a play on "dr strangelove (how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb) " is wonderful and one of the main reasons i first started reading your guide..LOL

Hehe thank you^^ I came up with that title n a whim, but it just seemed so fitting^^

Sewers in act 2 terror are difficult for a couple of reasons. First: there are enemies that transform you and your summons/merc into boars. That way you turn out slow and have reduced attack speed. Hence your killspeed is slower which is why you summons are more likely to die.
Then there are elite enemies that can teleport on you. If that happens, you are basically stunlocked in hit recovery animation until you die.
Plus pests, who make it hard to move, lots of poison damage draining you and your summons quickly.... you should really avoid that for now and return back later when you have a higher level. That will make it easier and you still get the bonus.
phenox1707
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
So, this was the first guide I followed when I most recently got back into Median, and as ladder expired about a week later, I didn't get too far with it. I'm giving it another shot, but finding Meph in Hatred very hard to deal with. Totems and merc die instantly to his spells. Which might be due to me having absolutely crappy gear... I don't know. I'm doing quick Andy farming runs to improve my gear until I'm less squishy, but just thought I'd give some feedback.

Either way, thanks for the guide, I always enjoy reading a well written guide.

Edit: After improving my gear some... yeah totems and merc still get two shot by Mephisto. Still, gear has more room to improve. T2 armor, T1 staff, merc has T3 weap and T1 armor. Might be able to just progress through Hatred to get to 48 and then do LC1 without farming too much more. Will test after work.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
To be honest... That never occured to me.

If the Bow is already at T3, you definitely have a lvl 30 merc already, so her being underleveled isn't an option.... And if you maxed your totems, they should be able to survive a couple of hits...

Did you try teleporting half a screen away from mephisto? That should be far away enough to not let your merc and totems get hit. tbh I got through hatred without my merc having any armor at all. I only gave her the Black Dame bow and easily got through hatred.

Say, do you revive your merc and then continue? Or do you revive your merc, rejoin the game and then continue? Because mercs in Median XL have a buff in order to make them viable (insane damage bonus & better defensive stats for example). That buff will only apply after re-entering the game. So if you revive your merc and then continue walking, it makes sense that the merc can't take much damage.

And the only thing you can do in order to make your totems tankier is upgrading your weapon (don't forget the rune when you uptier the unique in order to reroll the stats for a better amount of +necromancer skills) (EDIT at this point: You can also keep using
Lumen Arcana
Lumen Arcana
Body Armors

'Ith'
Runeword Level: 18
+1 to All Skills
-(3 to 8)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(3 to 8)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(3 to 8)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(3 to 8)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(25 to 50)% Enhanced Defense
+2 to Light Radius
for another +1 skills)

If everything fails, make a TP just before you go to Mephisto. Since the corpse spawns in town next to you ever since the latest patch, you can go ahead and try all you want if you just have enough TP's.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
you know mephisto in hatered didnt give me problems i followed the guide and did meph was lvl 35?? merc same ish i had merc gear improved to max that you can wear at lvl 30 something.....and socket everything with perfect skulls and ith runes for bonus damg and for bonus def...give merc an amult the uniq recommended for early game merc .. you can 2 crystal and oil of enchant to make a non uniq amulet unique..if you dont get the unique amulet listed for the merc angel heart was it??? then. cyrstal and rune...to re roll it.. lather rinse repeat... when you do get it.... oil of luck for the extra skill lvl if you dont get the +1 all skills.. then 2 crystal and oil of enchant to redo start the process again...

as for you max your items to the lvl you are....obviously not TU6...perfect bloodstones in your staff i found using queen of glass armour better than faunt visage since it has much lower reqs and some good bonuses.. so its not hard to get the str to max lvl and have points left for vit and energy .. make a felblood amulet same as you made the merc one.. get it with the +2 minions.. and the bonus +1 skill from luck...oil... 2 rings with minion life or all resist and orb them with minion life and the 4 types of resist... for all armour socket with ith crafted jewels for resist hopefully with minion life bonues or ort crafted you cant use ist crafted yet but ort crafted lowers reqs.. and often youll get resist or minion life affixs or take a jewel and make it unique and try to get katamari jewels that have minion life and dam and resist on em its a unique jewel you can make em just like you kept re rolling for the amulets... (.they are only useful until you get to lvl 51+ where you can make and start to use ist crafted jewels.... ) use sockets to boost minion life and your resist and if you have lvl space on the rings and amulet orb em for the same things..

for my orther equip i used queen of glass armour body armour /tu marrow staff/toorlocs gift the tu heavy leather gloves/lionspaw tu chain boots/the umbrau'sjinx mask tu mask ./aerin orbiter the heavy belt tu ..and somewhere in there socket 1 or 2 perfect diamonds in one of them just to add a 10% str bonus again this will ma the max 320str needed for tu6 body armor and umaru's jinx mask tu6 (which youll hit eventually )everything easy to reach and give you points to add to energy and vitality

you should have 240% + minion life 170%+minion dmg 20%+cold dmg and resist to all should be above 100%
howling totem dft and 2 frostclaw..
he died almost out of screen... once you get into terror can start finding better rares with +skills etc and crafting shrines .. but for early game i found the tu items listed work well to get me to the point where i was able to make and use honourifics... and focus my items specificlly followwhat HH said to me .. when you get to shrenk and farm 4 marks of infusion .. at lvl 50ish? TP to charsi act 1 blacksmith buy grey or supiror or magic boots/gloves/cap/sash upgrade em to magic with oil of enchants.. make sure they have no listed lvl reqs.. otherwise keep re rolling em til they have no listed level reqs.. then make em into base honourific items.. oil of luck em...too then. add 5 minion life orbs 5 all resist orbs and 5 minion resist orbs so each ho9nourific requires lvl 60 .. so youll wear them once you start terror do baalruns til you get to lvl 60... and then switch to your honorificis for your non body armour stuff and start terror diff
Edited by bradr 6 years.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
bradr wrote:my lower level char just hit lvl 60 so i can wear the honorifics you helped me with and stop farnming baalruns and start terror.. no i noticed a warning act 2 sewers is a deadly!!? but not sure i saw equip or skills or advice on how not to make it turn into "PC death fest Take 2000"

Hehe thank you^^ I came up with that title n a whim, but it just seemed so fitting^^

Sewers in act 2 terror are difficult for a couple of reasons. First: there are enemies that transform you and your summons/merc into boars. That way you turn out slow and have reduced attack speed. Hence your killspeed is slower which is why you summons are more likely to die.
Then there are elite enemies that can teleport on you. If that happens, you are basically stunlocked in hit recovery animation until you die.
Plus pests, who make it hard to move, lots of poison damage draining you and your summons quickly.... you should really avoid that for now and return back later when you have a higher level. That will make it easier and you still get the bonus.

okay so basically wait til ive advanced my honourifics a bit and am mostly thru terror and maybe even have some crafted pieces or am l;vl 80ish to come back to it? btw thanks