Guide to Triune boss fight

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Istaryu wrote:
SinClaire wrote:No mention of Dominate? Does it not work anymore? (Or no longer an available affix?)

I don't really understand this question.

You can use Dominate (or Charm, but Dominate is superior) on Lucion, instead of Mind Control. Dominate is spell which can spawn on Druid helms and an ama bow runeword (forgot which).

Dominate has a fixed 20 second duration and a really short cooldown, which make it heaps better than Mind Control.

EDIT: I tried it out, it still works. But it seems that you have to carry the Tome in your inventory. Dominate will still convert Lucion without the Tome in your inverntory, but Malic won't damage him (I think).
ErikYudlaw
Cultist
22 | 0
Hello, aura dont working, moving the tome doesn't help.Tried uber twice.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ErikYudlaw wrote:Hello, aura dont working, moving the tome doesn't help.Tried uber twice.

Some item effects interferes with the tome, might be the cause of it.
bradsmithsite
Banned
143 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Thanks. Was battling my balls off with Red Vex, hence found your post.
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I spent over an hour about a week ago on that fight. Lucion was taking 0 dmg from malice after charming him. I did some fishing on forums & discovered orange lettered items were interfering with the charm book. I moved all orange lettered items (cycles/ench scrolls/etc) from inv to stash and was able to complete the fight afterwards.

My witchunter hood has hellfire aura attached (orange letters, but luckily I had a spare witchunter hood.
r41714
Rust Claw
86 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
How about expand (or create a separate) this to include nymyr's light - failed every time I tried. Some people talking about respect to a vital build. What chars/gears/skills are helpful and making the fight more consistent and easier for fat fingers?

This helped me tremendously in triune boss fight:

"-There is a purple skull icon at debuffs, which indiciates that this aura is working. Weapon swapping can break the aura. If it happens, pick the tome up in the inventory, and out it back down, it should make the aura appear again."
Arbatel
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dominate is an oSkill that can be rolled on Druid Helms. It's version of mind control lasts for a predetermined amount of time and usually longer than the one granted by the tome. The tome is still needed for the aura.
Giux86
Cultist
23 | 0
i think the problem is with hellfire aura only...
Holtzhammer
Jungle Hunter
27 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Heroebal wrote:I spent over an hour about a week ago on that fight. Lucion was taking 0 dmg from malice after charming him. I did some fishing on forums & discovered orange lettered items were interfering with the charm book. I moved all orange lettered items (cycles/ench scrolls/etc) from inv to stash and was able to complete the fight afterwards.

My witchunter hood has hellfire aura attached (orange letters, but luckily I had a spare witchunter hood.

Sometimes you will "lose" the book debuff (even though he is charmed) which will cause him to take no damage. I throw the book on the ground and pick it up to reapply debuff.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Just a sidenote i think triune is going to have a rework for next patch. The mechanics as all purify bosses are not anything that makes this mod better.