Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
BearableBear
Stone Warrior
33 | 3
gnegueba wrote:
BearableBear wrote:
gnegueba wrote:Hello, i Saw that in this Guide gloves and boots belong to te druida, How do you use them in sorceres?

those are just part of a druid set but it doesnt mean that others cant use it

unless the item specifies that its druid only any class can use it

In that Guide It says to use these parte of the druida. O didn't understand

what it means is that unless the item specifically states that its "class" only every class can use it
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
you are able to use the gloves and boots from the set they aren't class specific
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
Frigid Nova skill says: multiple explosions do not stack
But when I spam casting it, I can see that mobs die quicker.
Can anyone please explain that? Thanks.
Edited: words
lonelycoconut
Cultist
23 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Thanks for the guide, enjoying the reworked cold sorc for the first time. In the Mid-game section for skill points, you mention that Raven familiar now gives +4 to all skills, but I noticed that you only put 1 point in it. I've left mine at 1 point so far and it still only says +1 all skills in the tooltip. Is there something I missed to get those extra +skills? Thanks
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Maertsy wrote:Frigid Nova skill says: multiple explosions do not stack

if you spammed on top of your self the only damage you are applying is the skills damage (8-15k). meaning you aren't doubling your skills damage by putting multiple novas ontop of eachother. so it wont be (8x2-15x2 = 16k-30k)

lonelycoconut wrote:Thanks for the guide, enjoying the reworked cold sorc for the first time. In the Mid-game section for skill points, you mention that Raven familiar now gives +4 to all skills, but I noticed that you only put 1 point in it. I've left mine at 1 point so far and it still only says +1 all skills in the tooltip. Is there something I missed to get those extra +skills? Thanks

the mid game skills section needs to be reworked still . feel free to mess around with skill points at this stage. picking up melee devotion and dropping ice elementals could also help your playstyle liking
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
Dru wrote:

if you spammed on top of your self the only damage you are applying is the skills damage (8-15k). meaning you aren't doubling your skills damage by putting multiple novas ontop of eachother. so it wont be (8x2-15x2 = 16k-30k)

Sorry I still don't get it...
If I stand still and cast nova twice, then damage instance will be applied once?

Does that mean it's difference with other skills? For example lightning nova, my damage is 5k, if I cast twice when standing still, I deal 10k.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Maertsy wrote:
Dru wrote:

Sorry I still don't get it...
If I stand still and cast nova twice, then damage instance will be applied once?

Does that mean it's difference with other skills? For example lightning nova, my damage is 5k, if I cast twice when standing still, I deal 10k.

when you spam frigid nova it will always be the same damage. whatever your skill damage is. it will never add more damage than it already does. so if you hit a boss once it applies your skills damage then you hit the boss again with frigid nova it will still only apply the skills damage . you can attack and spam frigid nova as long as you want and it will apply the skills damage but like i keep saying it won't double the damage. you will just keep applying the skills damage over and over again til the monster is dead. if the skill stacked you would only need like 2-3 novas on a boss because the explosions would be doubling if not tripling the damage.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Maertsy wrote:Sorry I still don't get it...

It simply means Frigid Nova hits at most every other frame, no matter how many times you cast it. Most (but not all) nova skills don't shotgun damage, it's only called out here because it's possible to stack novas because of how slowly they expand, and you won't get extra damage from doing that.
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Siosilvar wrote:
Maertsy wrote:Sorry I still don't get it...

It simply means Frigid Nova hits at most every other frame, no matter how many times you cast it. Most (but not all) nova skills don't shotgun damage, it's only called out here because it's possible to stack novas because of how slowly they expand, and you won't get extra damage from doing that.

Is it like cold damage over time(x frostburn damage over x seconds)?Maybe a simpler explanation.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
CaoBao wrote:Is it like cold damage over time(x frostburn damage over x seconds)?Maybe a simpler explanation.

No. Cold damage over time does not exist.

It simply hits when it hits, and stacking novae doesn't make it hit more.