Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
Thank you Dru and Siosilvar.
If we want to be optimal and we won't spam, then how long do we wait to cast the second nova? We cast the second right after the first nova disapear?
mabumabu9734
Prowler
19 | 0
Hi Maertsy,

I really have to agree with your questions. I dont understand it either.
There are some footages on youtube of high level cold sorc players
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60joM6z ... nnel=mrmgg
for the most part here he doesnt spam, but that is because the monsters die so quickly.
Occasionally he also spams.
So maybe the overall takeaway is: it is ok to spam if you dont kill the monsters right away but for gear upgrade: go for extra cold damage or pierce instead of cast speed.
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
mabumabu9734 wrote:Hi Maertsy,

I really have to agree with your questions. I dont understand it either.
There are some footages on youtube of high level cold sorc players
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60joM6z ... nnel=mrmgg
for the most part here he doesnt spam, but that is because the monsters die so quickly.
Occasionally he also spams.
So maybe the overall takeaway is: it is ok to spam if you dont kill the monsters right away but for gear upgrade: go for extra cold damage or pierce instead of cast speed.

Hi mabu,

I got it after reading some threads about mechanisms on the forum. You may want to search for "Next Delay" keyword (ND).

Basically 1 second = 25 frames in Diablo2. If a nova spell has 0 ND, it would hit the target 25 times/sec. If 1 ND, ~8 times/sec. ...And so on.

There's some ND for the cold sorc nova to make it not very overpowered. So, it not necessary to spam the skill. Because once the nova hits, it takes some frame after that for that nova (or a nova from the next cast) to hit again.

> for gear upgrade: go for extra cold damage or pierce instead of cast speed.
Yes, after playing cold sorc I feel like that too. Cast speed (to reach 6 FPA using Orb) is not the top priority for cold sorc.
Venom222
Invader
8 | 0
When will the build be updated for PATCH 2.5 END GAME??? I WANT TO SEE THE MOST POWERFUL STRONG SORCERESS!!! SINCE MELEE IS BORING AND NOT SO STRONG AT THE END OF THE MAZE!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Venom222 wrote:When will the build be updated for PATCH 2.5 END GAME??? I WANT TO SEE THE MOST POWERFUL STRONG SORCERESS!!! SINCE MELEE IS BORING AND NOT SO STRONG AT THE END OF THE MAZE!

nothing changed for the build this entire time other than early game gloves. its still top tier....... nothing to update other than videos. the build is 1000000% viable.
Venom222
Invader
8 | 0
I completely agree about viability, especially at the end of the game!!!
Schelm1312
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
I am curious how these "melee spells" work. Are they considered spells in every regard but for Melee Devotion? So no life/mana on melee attk, no other Proc, than on kill?
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Schelm1312 wrote:I am curious how these "melee spells" work. Are they considered spells in every regard but for Melee Devotion? So no life/mana on melee attk, no other Proc, than on kill?

since its a spell but coded as a melee skill you can use melee devotion with cold spells. its just the way Marco coded it, as for procs yes on kill works and i believe melee attack procs should still work. and life/mana on attack u wont really need since you get plenty of life after each kill just by maxxing out Witchblood Reward skill. i wouldnt waste time on tryina to get life/mana on attack when you can just pick up more life after each kill or the Coven skill Living Flame for life and life regen.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ive seen someone playing with that fire procc stave (fire cannonade) Cant remember the namn of stave doh. And the procc went off like crazy killing everything on screen. Anyone got an idea of How this works so Well with cold spell gear ? Would be fin ro try! For the moment i use apocalypse with tyis stave , rw body armor with same procc and helm with the same. Fauzt is like walking in blood moor :)
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Schelm1312 wrote:I am curious how these "melee spells" work. Are they considered spells in every regard but for Melee Devotion? So no life/mana on melee attk, no other Proc, than on kill?

I personally just treat some of these melee spells as a normal attk/swing + one spell. So, life on melee attk works, as long as ur swing actually hits ur first target. The spell part will always hit, no matter what, if not dodged. The swing part checks ur AR, it works just like a normal attk.

So, u may need life on attk and some AR as ice sorc for bosses like Sam or T9/T10 Phobos. Unless u are very skillful at those fights and ur network lagging is also low and stable enough, in that case, u may not need the regen from life on attk to ensure ur success rate in those boss fights.

If just being a Scos farmer, then whatever.
Edited by cnlnjzfjb 11 months.