Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Dru wrote:
Cah23 wrote:https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=CahSorc
Got all my end game gear. Vision rolled low but w/e lol

I’ll MO accordingly tomorrow. Going to spend time jewel crating too

- careful of mystic orbing and adding ice runes for pierce . ice runes add a level requirement.
- sorc looks solid! :)

mobious1 wrote:https://tsw.vn.cz/char/Mobious
hey dru started scosglen farm with your guide its look decent
do u have any advice for me? Using lunar eclipseImage here is my stats

- hey there, nice mf setup :) . my only suggestion would be increasing your Max Resistances without sacrificing all your jewel sockets. imo dementia with lamha na draoithe gloves are a better combo. other than that sorc looks amazing for mfing :)

loreth2021 wrote:any advantages of taking cold sorc over light sorc for farm fauzt/scosgl and ubers?

- cold sorc is by far the superior uber / scosglen farmer. as for fauzt its kinda hard to tell because lightning sorc in fauzt is actually decently good. but comparing the tankyness i think cold is definitely better and safer.

im 136 light spec, farming fauzt with 222% mf; thinking about to switching back to cold with 140 and trying scosgl. the only reason i dislike cold is because of the melee range of glacial/boss/ubers killing skill- it's just not my type of playstyle

is there any suggested min req on equipment for having smooth scosgl runs? im with set and lunar eclipse belt only regarding gear- do i need endgame gear to be able to start scosglen farming with 140? (if so, then i have to continue fauzt and trade the stuff)
mobious1
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Dru wrote:
Cah23 wrote:https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=CahSorc
Got all my end game gear. Vision rolled low but w/e lol

I’ll MO accordingly tomorrow. Going to spend time jewel crating too

- careful of mystic orbing and adding ice runes for pierce . ice runes add a level requirement.
- sorc looks solid! :)

mobious1 wrote:https://tsw.vn.cz/char/Mobious
hey dru started scosglen farm with your guide its look decent
do u have any advice for me? Using lunar eclipseImage here is my stats

- hey there, nice mf setup :) . my only suggestion would be increasing your Max Resistances without sacrificing all your jewel sockets. imo dementia with lamha na draoithe gloves are a better combo. other than that sorc looks amazing for mfing :)

loreth2021 wrote:any advantages of taking cold sorc over light sorc for farm fauzt/scosgl and ubers?

- cold sorc is by far the superior uber / scosglen farmer. as for fauzt its kinda hard to tell because lightning sorc in fauzt is actually decently good. but comparing the tankyness i think cold is definitely better and safer.

Hey again just bough -18 dementia , my 88cold/87 fire/87 lightning i think ill recraft my helmet with zann esu jewels not using any of them ,yea my proiorty is 90 res now thanks again Dru
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
loreth2021 wrote:
im 136 light spec, farming fauzt with 222% mf; thinking about to switching back to cold with 140 and trying scosgl. the only reason i dislike cold is because of the melee range of glacial/boss/ubers killing skill- it's just not my type of playstyle

is there any suggested min req on equipment for having smooth scosgl runs? im with set and lunar eclipse belt only regarding gear- do i need endgame gear to be able to start scosglen farming with 140? (if so, then i have to continue fauzt and trade the stuff)

- You're not alone with not liking the playstyle. Yea, its stupidly strong, but the playstyle feels a bit off for those that are used to casting a spell with range. However, I do wanna say; " the more i play the cold sorc, the more i get used to it and enjoy it". Once you get past the playstyle you actually clear speed content no problem
- My recommendation for having a smooth scosglen run is if you are stuck in the set, try swapping to endgame skill tree and stack pgems in your gear for Max Resistances, see if it helps. if it doesn't help or work then you definitely want to start maxing out resistances and swapping to end game gear.

mobious1 wrote:Hey again just bough -18 dementia , my 88cold/87 fire/87 lightning i think ill recraft my helmet with zann esu jewels not using any of them ,yea my proiorty is 90 res now thanks again Dru

- oh yea, thanks for reminding me that should be noted in socket fillers for end game section. yea focus on getting 90% in fire cold and lightning, you should be fine for Scosglen after that.
Cah23
Grubber
321 | 2
Curious as to why you must make sure your atannas has jewels in before you use arcane hunger.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cah23 wrote:Curious as to why you must make sure your atannas has jewels in before you use arcane hunger.

when you use the arcange hunger the item becomes unsocketable. so its best to place the jewels inside the weapon before making it unsocketable and i think socketable (could be wrong i forgot). makes sense? and zan esu jewels are probably BIS for end game content. you want the max resists without losing damage. and zan esu jewels add spell damage and max resist/ compared to a crafted jewel or farsight globes
Arcane Hunger
Arcane Hunger
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with a One Handed Weapon
with at least 15% Life Leech to Add Bonus
All Life Leech transformed to +20% Spell Damage
Item Cannot be Unsocketed
(Max 1 Use per Item)
+10 Required Level
Edited by Dru 2 years.
Cah23
Grubber
321 | 2
NOPE doesnt make any sense. You're little brained dru lol

In your opinion, what would u consider end game levels of res? Im at 88/88/90/88. Wondering if the 140tg+ in zann jewels is worth it for me at this point
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cah23 wrote:NOPE doesnt make any sense. You're little brained dru lol

In your opinion, what would u consider end game levels of res? Im at 88/88/90/88. Wondering if the 140tg+ in zann jewels is worth it for me at this point

:( rude
- you definitely want to aim for 90/90/90/85+
- you definitely don't have to get the jewels.
- you could gain the max resist some other ways. such as; fixing kabraxis charm, getting laz trophy , upgrading riftwalker eye, last and not least , pgems (my favorite)
Orbital
Fallen
1 | 0
Did you decide on a merc yet? My abjurer is dying nonstop now that I got to duncraig. I am trying to decide if I should try priestess and see if she does better.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Orbital wrote:Did you decide on a merc yet? My abjurer is dying nonstop now that I got to duncraig. I am trying to decide if I should try priestess and see if she does better.

I went Bloodmage and he owns and almost never dies, but I have been investing quite a bit of time into his gear as well! Bloodmage self heals when his life gets too low, and is constantly casting Firedance boosting my damage and his quite a bit! This dude is where it's at IMO! Stack on a shit ton of -enemy fire and +fire damage and watch him molest your enemies to death!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Orbital wrote:Did you decide on a merc yet? My abjurer is dying nonstop now that I got to duncraig. I am trying to decide if I should try priestess and see if she does better.

yea its really hard to choose an appropriate mercenary.
1) duncraig nearly wipes all mercenaries if you leave them behind to tank barrels. Without repositioning the mercenary all mercs are almost useless in duncraig. The best choice would be w.e. helps you clear speed to keep your self moving forward in situations like duncraig.
2) i found priestess mercenary to nearly clear duncraig and fauzt on her own if you continue to teleport and reposition her properly
3) priestess mercenary was also proven to increase clear speed in fauzt and dunc. I almost have her setup to work properly in Scosglen
4) I've tried the act 3 necrolyte but it doesnt make sense having it because with attanna's key you already get a forceblast, and sorc already has it as a skill. the merc is useless for you.
5) the act 3 bloodmage is what im trying to test for scosglen but even at near max resists and 400k defense he still gets 1 tapped by the fire...
6) ive tested Act 2 Mercenary Shapeshifter, didnt get it to fully running properly for scosglen (lack of investment)
7) another great alternative from the priestess would be maybe act 5 barbarian, which is what imma be testing next.
Edited by Dru 2 years.