Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Cah23
Grubber
321 | 2
Dru wrote:
Cah23 wrote:NOPE doesnt make any sense. You're little brained dru lol

In your opinion, what would u consider end game levels of res? Im at 88/88/90/88. Wondering if the 140tg+ in zann jewels is worth it for me at this point

:( rude
- you definitely want to aim for 90/90/90/85+
- you definitely don't have to get the jewels.
- you could gain the max resist some other ways. such as; fixing kabraxis charm, getting laz trophy , upgrading riftwalker eye, last and not least , pgems (my favorite)

hahaha I kid, I kid!

Complete end game gear w/ 3/3/2/3 Kab, and F/L/P Sleep with every charm except laz trophy has me at 88/88/90/88 in case anyone is wondering.

EDIT: Going laz trophy route. That plus 1 zann fire and light in Atanna =s 90/90/90/88.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cah23 wrote:
Dru wrote:
Cah23 wrote:NOPE doesnt make any sense. You're little brained dru lol

In your opinion, what would u consider end game levels of res? Im at 88/88/90/88. Wondering if the 140tg+ in zann jewels is worth it for me at this point

:( rude
- you definitely want to aim for 90/90/90/85+
- you definitely don't have to get the jewels.
- you could gain the max resist some other ways. such as; fixing kabraxis charm, getting laz trophy , upgrading riftwalker eye, last and not least , pgems (my favorite)

hahaha I kid, I kid!

Complete end game gear w/ 3/3/2/3 Kab, and F/L/P Sleep with every charm except laz trophy has me at 88/88/90/88 in case anyone is wondering.

EDIT: Going laz trophy route. That plus 1 zann fire and light in Atanna =s 90/90/90/88.

- i mean if you end up doing that, you pretty much beat me by a long shot :/ . i dont have that kind of poison resist yet or attannas. lucky you :)
- thats actually pretty nutty xd last and not least would be your defenses i guess (phys resist) other than that you are looking pretty beefy! more than what I have atm xd
mtq1234
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hi Dru, thanks for the guide! Start building my cold sorc, a quick question, can you recommend some mf setup? Currently I only can find less than 100% mf on my gear following the mid-game gear. Do I use MO of mf or trying to get some mf charms? Thanks! :D
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mtq1234 wrote:Hi Dru, thanks for the guide! Start building my cold sorc, a quick question, can you recommend some mf setup? Currently I only can find less than 100% mf on my gear following the mid-game gear. Do I use MO of mf or trying to get some mf charms? Thanks! :D

Build a MF
Corrupted Wormhole
Corrupted Wormhole
Required Level: 100
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Inahk
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I really think there should be some mention of Moonstrike + Cold Blooded from the melee tree in here. In endgame gear the duration gets up to 20+ seconds, it gives 20% Max Life which is huge, and Cold Blooded even with only the 700 dex to use a Ceremonial Armor is 7% pierce for 2 points. Optionally far more if you invest more into Dex with
Svalinn

Svalinn
Shields

'RhalLoOhn'
Runeword Level: 115
-1% to Enemy Elemental Resistances per 150 Dexterity
8% Chance to cast level 7 Life Spark when Blocking
1% Base Block Chance
15% Block Speed
20% Hit Recovery
+(151 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(30 to 40) to all Attributes
(15 to 20)% to Dexterity
+200 to Life
Fire Resist +(20 to 25)%
Lightning Resist +(20 to 25)%
Cold Resist +(20 to 25)%
Poison Resist +(20 to 25)%
Fire Absorb (3 to 5)%
Physical Resist 5%
shield and Nova Charge dex to energy conversion. I'm running a setup with 2100 Dex that gets me 35% Pierce, a bunch of energy, and 29% Block, but even without that I think those 3 points are very worth taking.

Also regarding Max Res you should consider
Adrenaline Rush
Adrenaline Rush
Ring

Item Level: 120
+1 to All Skills
40% Combat Speeds
40% Movement Speed
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
, since this build uses both Cast and Attack speed the 40% Combat Speeds are very useful for getting to the top breakpoints. If you use
Celestial Barrier
Celestial Barrier
Spiked Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (2525 - 2828) to (3012 - 3374)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Dexterity: 550
+(4 to 5) to All Skills
1% Base Block Chance
-50% Attack Speed
30% Cast Speed
-(20 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(150 to 180)% Enhanced Defense
50% Bonus to Defense
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)
this Attack Speed seems even more needed to overcome its -50% penalty.

My setup if you're interested, though its not fully min maxxed yet:
https://tsw.vn.cz/char/Inahk

Also currently wondering if I can get enough Mana Regen to drop Meditation for Endurance. Maybe with MO's on all jewellery.
Diesel11
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

Shrine crafted. SF/Cold damage and energy from MOs. Are these good gloves? I feel like this is best i can get from shrines before the end game option/s.
Lasersdufutur
Heretic
415 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Decent. Depends how much you need pierce.

ImageImage

Diesel11 wrote:Image

Shrine crafted. SF/Cold damage and energy from MOs. Are these good gloves? I feel like this is best i can get from shrines before the end game option/s.
hobotripin
Acid Prince
48 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I may have missed some of the posts that may have answered my question(s)but I did go back like 8 pages.

For end game gear, Altanna's vs hand of frost, Svaelin shield vs vaetias, and Old religion vs Curandea

I'm assuming what is listed first is better? So altanna > HoF, Vaetia > Svaelin, and OR > Curandea but just kinda curious what situations the alternative is better.
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Inahk wrote:I really think there should be some mention of Moonstrike + Cold Blooded from the melee tree in here. In endgame gear the duration gets up to 20+ seconds, it gives 20% Max Life which is huge, and Cold Blooded even with only the 700 dex to use a Ceremonial Armor is 7% pierce for 2 points. Optionally far more if you invest more into Dex with
Svalinn

Svalinn
Shields

'RhalLoOhn'
1% Base Block Chance
15% Block Speed
20% Hit Recovery
(15 to 20)% to Dexterity
+200 to Life
Fire Resist +(20 to 25)%
Cold Resist +(20 to 25)%
Fire Absorb (3 to 5)%
Physical Resist 5%
shield and Nova Charge dex to energy conversion. I'm running a setup with 2100 Dex that gets me 35% Pierce, a bunch of energy, and 29% Block, but even without that I think those 3 points are very worth taking.

Adrenaline Rush
Adrenaline Rush
Ring

+1 to All Skills
40% Combat Speeds
40% Movement Speed
, since this build uses both Cast and Attack speed the 40% Combat Speeds are very useful for getting to the top breakpoints. If you use
Celestial Barrier
Celestial Barrier
Spiked Shield (Sacred)

+(4 to 5) to All Skills
1% Base Block Chance
-50% Attack Speed
30% Cast Speed
50% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)

Also currently wondering if I can get enough Mana Regen to drop Meditation for Endurance. Maybe with MO's on all jewellery.

quick question regarding melee devotion- only summons like ice elementals are not working with this mastery choice, right?

therefore melee devotion is > tenacity or other stuff, right?

e.g. for endgame: meditation, specialization + melee devotion (also for other specs, e.g. light?
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
hobotripin wrote:I may have missed some of the posts that may have answered my question(s)but I did go back like 8 pages.

For end game gear, Altanna's vs hand of frost, Svaelin shield vs vaetias, and Old religion vs Curandea

I'm assuming what is listed first is better? So altanna > HoF, Vaetia > Svaelin, and OR > Curandea but just kinda curious what situations the alternative is better.

The items listed are to mix and match what u can to obtain maximum potential . however i would definitely use vaetia shield all the way with attannas key for the forceblast then run armor of old religion. The only time you run svalin is probably for an alternative shield if you couldnt get vaetia wall then you make the runeword.

Curandera is pretty beefy for rifting compared to armor of old religion. With the sacrifice of damage you gain beefy stats. You drop armor of old religion probably once you start rifting and pick yourself up a curandera with zan esu jewels stacked inside.

Diesel11 wrote:Image

I wouldnt stress over reaching max stats possible when crafting . the boots and gloves get replaced real quick with end game gear. But those gloves you made are good enough

loreth2021 wrote:
Inahk wrote:I really think there should be some mention of Moonstrike + Cold Blooded from the melee tree in here. In endgame gear the duration gets up to 20+ seconds, it gives 20% Max Life which is huge, and Cold Blooded even with only the 700 dex to use a Ceremonial Armor is 7% pierce for 2 points. Optionally far more if you invest more into Dex with
Svalinn

Svalinn
Shields

'RhalLoOhn'
1% Base Block Chance
15% Block Speed
20% Hit Recovery
(15 to 20)% to Dexterity
+200 to Life
Fire Resist +(20 to 25)%
Cold Resist +(20 to 25)%
Fire Absorb (3 to 5)%
Physical Resist 5%

Adrenaline Rush
Adrenaline Rush
Ring

+1 to All Skills
40% Combat Speeds
40% Movement Speed
Celestial Barrier
Celestial Barrier
Spiked Shield (Sacred)

+(4 to 5) to All Skills
1% Base Block Chance
-50% Attack Speed
30% Cast Speed
50% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)

quick question regarding melee devotion- only summons like ice elementals are not working with this mastery choice, right?

therefore melee devotion is > tenacity or other stuff, right?

e.g. for endgame: meditation, specialization + melee devotion (also for other specs, e.g. light?

I dont think you can go melee devotion with the other elements of sorc. Only cold was able to take that skill because cold is considered a melee class now. Essentially you can probably drop meditation and pick up max life instead. And then to fix the mana problems i think mystic orbing mana regen on some rare rings would definitely do the trick