Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Bimbobaggins wrote:
- Also, i am trying my best to work on a crafting setup for mid game for those who cannot find Zan Esu set early on.

I'm using crafted shoes and gloves, and I've been trying to craft a decent hat until I get Eye of Septumos. To me having the most cold damage and -enemy cold resistance are the key things to having decent gear rather than +skills (+skills should be icing on the cake). That way, you could use energy factor MOs if you need them. You want the most out of the shrine and the blessing. That's just my take playing a Cold Sorc. Oh yea, Nightscaoe isn't a bad 1-90 piece until you get Zan Esu or a decent crafted chest piece.

- I Agree, I myself used Nightscape leveling up , til i realized there was Queen of Glass lol. Wasn't thinking at the time, but hey it worked out great.

* Organized Guide a bit better.
OzakiDesu
Acid Prince
48 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
cloudscraper wrote:
OzakiDesu wrote:
cloudscraper wrote:Hello Dru, here I am with the updates!

level 121 now.

Fixed my sockets, have Thai runes and Topazes only.
Reset my stats and redistributed them taking into account new trinkets.
Got all 105- 110-115 trinkets in my inventory.
Tried a couple of the 120 ones, but felt very very weak for those.

Tried Teganze, but my ability to progress through monsters is extremely slow due to lots of cold immune and still not high penetration (89%).

Got absolutely 0 drops from the "Mid_game-zann esu" gear set and 0 drops from the "End_Game" gear set, so I am still stuck on tiered uniques as one week or so ago.
I feel a little lost.

1. I have done 10-12 runs in Kurast 3000 B.A., they dropped a lot of sacred sets, but none of the one I actually need. I have troubles in finding out what might have market and what does not, is checking on discord trading section the only real way?

2. In your walkthrough, you suggest Duncraig or Teganze over lvl 120. I will immediately go try Duncraig ,but Teganze seems very slow and frustrating in progressing, albeit not extremely risky: should I just accept it and try to reach the central boss platform?

3. I am still a long way from finishing my signets of learning, only 70 acquired. How highly should I prioritize them?

Thanks for the awesome guide, the support, and the good experience I am having in Median XL

Edit: duncraig seems a little more doable: is the explosion from slain souls triggered on death? That hurts me a lot

Getting the set definitely will give u a boost, you can get each piece for 5 TG from players, or find it.

You could farm signets from Nithilak in hell, he drops 2 each, or run torajan jungles and it drops 1 5 25 chance iirc. Might be wrong.
It takes a little over 3 hours of farming to get 400 i think but u could do it faster.

As for ur edit on duncraig.

There are barrels that get thrown by the mobs, they explode, and cause 7000 HP damage. You can avoid the AOE Circle by walking way, or just clearing it fast. You mainly need the set, and that's probably holding you back a bit.

If u need any help you can dm me on discord Ayato#0666 or dru can help you ^^

I have farmed far more than 3 total hours in torajan and I got very few signets,don't know why really. Managed to kill Duncraig and get the +2 skill trinket btw

To get TGs i should sell my items right? Should I make a forum post, advertise on discord, both, or is there any way to automate it?

Torajan is all luck, and you can easily do nithalak for 2 per run every 30-1min.

As for shop yea, otherwise if your trying to sell signets of learning, you can make a post on the discord in #trading

Or if you farm like 100, you can auction it, but most people would just prefer discord trading. You can probably make like 40ish tg easily off of 100 signets. Takes like 30 minutes, you can then use that money to buy the zann esu set otherwise.

Cheers mate. :mrgreen:
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yeah if you are having trouble finding signets in torajan jungles feel free to swap it up and farm them the old fashion way. Killing hell nithalak drops 2x signets each run. Each run can take up to 45 seconds.

The set isnt that hard to come by.
Theres all kinda of things you can do to get the zan esu set.
- Selling arcane crystals
- selling signets
- farming k3k for the set manually
- farm duncraig for sacred uniques to sell
- farm tran athulua for sacred uniques to sell
- sell shrines.
dayman2189
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Any more detailed advice on killing Kabraxis? I’ve tried for 3 seasons as a cold sorc but I can’t seem to get past 10% of his health. Anything to make this fight go a little easier?
KommanderKeen
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
dayman2189 wrote:Any more detailed advice on killing Kabraxis? I’ve tried for 3 seasons as a cold sorc but I can’t seem to get past 10% of his health. Anything to make this fight go a little easier?

For kabx and other tough bosses, you want as much pierce as possible, and as much resists as possible, + max resists and physical resist too. Let your elementals do the tanking and keep summoning them as they die off.
Kabx in particular heals on player death. Do it solo for less hp, play it safe (eat up those moon symbols!) and dodge that poison flamestrike.
You can do it!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dayman2189 wrote:Any more detailed advice on killing Kabraxis? I’ve tried for 3 seasons as a cold sorc but I can’t seem to get past 10% of his health. Anything to make this fight go a little easier?

- don't stress over it xd its a really simple fight.
- calm urself before the fight
- you can do it :)
1) make sure you go in with like 85%-90% poison resist and maybe like 25% physical resist.
2) cast ur minions on top of Kabraxis
3) cast Flamestrike or w.e. spec u are using as sorc. (cold sorc you can use Abyss or Frigid Sphere)
4) continuously maneuver around kabraxis to avoid the balefire (dont stand in one spot)
5) make sure you always keep your summons up at all times so Kabraxis is targeting them instead of you
6) you can always boost ur minions a little bit by adding minion resist so they tank a little bit better.
7) if you are poisoned or by chance caught in Balefire SPAM moonsymbols.

* Use them elementals!!!!
Eltrius
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hey dru, finally got full zann esu, but want to know my main skill to farm áreas like k3k or dunc still FS or the ice bolt nova? Still need to get pierce because I don't kill as fast as I think
Chronos69
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Eltrius wrote:Hey dru, finally got full zann esu, but want to know my main skill to farm áreas like k3k or dunc still FS or the ice bolt nova? Still need to get pierce because I don't kill as fast as I think

+1 on that question
Eltrius
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Chronos69 wrote:
Eltrius wrote:Hey dru, finally got full zann esu, but want to know my main skill to farm áreas like k3k or dunc still FS or the ice bolt nova? Still need to get pierce because I don't kill as fast as I think

+1 on that question

Well trying all this time, the ice bolt nova is good in zones like TA or Cows, you gonna need more pierce to deal cold absorb mobs in k3k or dunc, thats why in that zones FS is better for the good dmg on there, IBN kills pretty fast with the active of zann esu but gonna stuck a Little with cold absorb if you don't have pierce, dunc the Best choice is FS for sure keeping on left click and Just running/dodge and shift
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
- sorry for the incredibly late reply.
- FS is probably the best imo
- Ice bolt nova required way too much cold resist and pierce.