Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
PitStains
Balrog
122 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This has not be a very enjoyable leveling build so far, just about to hit level 50. Super squishy
Cah23
Grubber
321 | 2
PitStains wrote:This has not be a very enjoyable leveling build so far, just about to hit level 50. Super squishy

Build absolutely steamrolls once you get full cold sorc set. I think I leveled to 100 with either lighting or fire. Switched to cold sorc and went 100-145. Went from 0tg to 1500tg (sold my cold sorc towards the end of the season when I was done) in one ladder season. Great build.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
PitStains wrote:This has not be a very enjoyable leveling build so far, just about to hit level 50. Super squishy

it is definitely not a good started build. most aren't good at early leveling, but there are some that do outshine such as maybe firesorc/lightning sorc. as far as this build goes its by far superior in end game content by clearing nearly every uber and scosglen. most builds can't do that. so maybe try leveling as another element then swap over once you get Zan esu cold set. you may like things alot better by then.
PitStains
Balrog
122 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Fully geared following mid-game setup, and I'm still super squishy. There's nothing to sustain your life except "Life after Kill" and potions. Farming Fuazt I have to refill my whole belt like 5 times each run. And I don't even bother with Delta and Alpha. I'm regretting the build. Better off with a build the relies on "Life on hit" or Life steal. Just my preference.
I appreciate the guide, don't get me wrong.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
PitStains wrote:Fully geared following mid-game setup, and I'm still super squishy. There's nothing to sustain your life except "Life after Kill" and potions. Farming Fuazt I have to refill my whole belt like 5 times each run. And I don't even bother with Delta and Alpha. I'm regretting the build. Better off with a build the relies on "Life on hit" or Life steal. Just my preference.

try using late game skill tree not mid game skill tree, pick up melee devotion. you may like it better.
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Dru wrote:
PitStains wrote:Fully geared following mid-game setup, and I'm still super squishy. There's nothing to sustain your life except "Life after Kill" and potions. Farming Fuazt I have to refill my whole belt like 5 times each run. And I don't even bother with Delta and Alpha. I'm regretting the build. Better off with a build the relies on "Life on hit" or Life steal. Just my preference.

try using late game skill tree not mid game skill tree, pick up melee devotion. you may like it better.

You just need phys res. I was farming faust in the set with honorifics this season. I havent been squishy at any stage yet and i'm not in scols/labs.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Enigma wrote:
Dru wrote:

You just need phys res. I was farming faust in the set with honorifics this season. I havent been squishy at any stage yet and i'm not in scols/labs.

this is a big problem as well. make sure you have like around 40% phys res and im sure you'll have less issues.
workman
Cog
224 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thanks for the guide! I hope I'm doing everything right) Good luck!
Cah23
Grubber
321 | 2
Opinion on 1% aa 4% csd vs 2% energy 4% csd crafted jewels for
Endgame? I feel like 1% aa might be better for labs as it’ll net you
More life and that 2000 energy ceiling should be easy enough to hit with end game gear. Curious if I’m wrong on the math.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cah23 wrote:Opinion on 1% aa 4% csd vs 2% energy 4% csd crafted jewels for
Endgame? I feel like 1% aa might be better for labs as it’ll net you
More life and that 2000 energy ceiling should be easy enough to hit with end game gear. Curious if I’m wrong on the math.

you will need to scale into cspd % more for labs cus u start taking damage hits near t8. (loss of damage) . dont see aa being better than that because spell damage is uncapped you can scale as high as you want with it.