Ice Battle Mage (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
yagun4eg wrote:
Dru wrote:
yagun4eg wrote:
Dru wrote:
rcarson15 wrote:LL on Atanna? Does something leech?

yea, adding 5x LL on Attana -----> 2x Zan Esu Jewels in there or Crafted Jewels ----->
Arcane Hunger
Arcane Hunger
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with a One Handed Weapon
with at least 15% Life Leech to Add Bonus
All Life Leech transformed to +20% Spell Damage
Item Cannot be Unsocketed
(Max 1 Use per Item)
+10 Required Level
( this is the reason for adding LL ) - you need 15% LL in order to gain access to the 25% Spell damage

LL for sorc - what is it? +Life after each Kill or another?
I', cant find it.

Here's an image of it sorry. its under this.

t.y. i thought it didn't work

no problem! :) glad we got that clarified . Let me know if there's anything else you need help with.
cloudscraper
Invader
9 | 0
hello and thank you, started median xl 3 days ago and really enjoying this guild

I think I have troubles in placing Abyss,is there any sample video about it?
Sometimes it melts sometimes it seems to do nothing

Thank you, running strong and enjoying the playstyle a lot!
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi, thanks for the guide, I had already started a lightning build but there's plenty of useful tips that work for both.
I see on your video against Quov Tsin that you cast your minions. I'm having trouble with him, especially with His Soulstealer ability. I Wonder if it's better to lure his beam with them (but then he heals), or go there alone (but then I spend my time avoiding the tri elemental skipping rope of death).
Of course I'm aware that I need to get more max res...
Thanks!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cloudscraper wrote:hello and thank you, started median xl 3 days ago and really enjoying this guild

I think I have troubles in placing Abyss,is there any sample video about it?
Sometimes it melts sometimes it seems to do nothing

Thank you, running strong and enjoying the playstyle a lot!

Nice! Glad you enjoy the build.
- the trick behind using Abyss is , not spamming the skill on top of the bosses, but instead you need to aim Abyss using the blue mist that surrounds the blue frozen orb. (Ill try uploading a demonstration later today)

Philby wrote:Hi, thanks for the guide, I had already started a lightning build but there's plenty of useful tips that work for both.
I see on your video against Quov Tsin that you cast your minions. I'm having trouble with him, especially with His Soulstealer ability. I Wonder if it's better to lure his beam with them (but then he heals), or go there alone (but then I spend my time avoiding the tri elemental skipping rope of death).
Of course I'm aware that I need to get more max res...
Thanks!

It all really depends on the type of sorc ur playing, depends on the skills.

- the easiest solution is just using pgems to gain max resist . you need 90% light/fire/cold i think? Or witchhunters and wheel of fortune TU ofc.
- another option is, maybe try using edyrems instead of ice elementals
- maybe doing a skills swap just to get ice elementals for that uber
- maybe even setup an act 2 shape shifter mercenary with max resist to help tank damage. ( not sure if this would actually work, gonna test it )
- as for his soulstealer agility just try to stay from a distance if u have a skill that can be spammed from a distance, this would help alot.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks ! I'll try the hood and the TU shield + Edyrems, if they don't pop like baloons.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Philby wrote:Thanks ! I'll try the hood and the TU shield + Edyrems, if they don't pop like baloons.

yea i was thinking of more of using the edyrems to redirect the trinity beam for a brief second to give you enough time to throw a couple spells in before he goes after u again.
cloudscraper
Invader
9 | 0
Hello, level 107 now

Enjoying the build quite a bit.

i am currently farming nightmare nihlathak for signets of learning + sacred uniques, what else am I supposed to do? I am a little slow in progressing through hell, only 45% pierce atm.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cloudscraper wrote:Hello, level 107 now

i am currently farming nightmare nihlathak for signets of learning + sacred uniques, what else am I supposed to do? I am a little slow in progressing through hell, only 45% pierce atm.

- Focus on leveling to 110 and getting your 105-110 Charms and 400 Signet of Learnings.
- You should switch things up and farm Torajan Jungles for Signet of Learnings. They drop more often and quite a lot too.
- As for your pierce, not sure what items you are using atm, but if they are TU's and all upgraded to T4's that should help
- If not that, you need to get some Thai Runes. * you can downgrade Runes (put them in the cube and transmute). On Runes are best for this, or you can simply pick up Rha Runes and Downgrade those.

Let me know if it works out for you :) .
cloudscraper
Invader
9 | 0
Dru wrote:
cloudscraper wrote:Hello, level 107 now

- Focus on leveling to 110 and getting your 105-110 Charms and 400 Signet of Learnings.
- You should switch things up and farm Torajan Jungles for Signet of Learnings. They drop more often and quite a lot too.
- As for your pierce, not sure what items you are using atm, but if they are TU's and all upgraded to T4's that should help
- If not that, you need to get some Thai Runes. * you can downgrade Runes (put them in the cube and transmute). On Runes are best for this, or you can simply pick up Rha Runes and Downgrade those.

Let me know if it works out for you :) .

1) very clear, will do asap
2) ok sure thanks
3) all tiered uniques, a couple are only tier3 because of strength/dex requirements
4) I will employ more thai runes in the gear, i still have Thul's and energy/dex/strength runes which are bad.

I feel like with signets of learning I will free up stats and consequently slots to improve the amount of Thai Runes i will put inside my gear, and consequently my damage.
shabopmc
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hi there!
I've seen u changed SorcGOD build. You just leave vengeful power (poison tree) to put on lightining (warp armor), is this better?