Ice Elementalist (Cold Sorc)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
cloudscraper
Invader
9 | 0
Dru wrote:
cloudscraper wrote:
Dru wrote:
cloudscraper wrote:if I find myself too squishy, should I Switch to warp armor even without zan esu items?


- Before you decide to mess around with the skills.
- Make sure your resistances are capped / maxxed out
- if that doesnt help, id recommend going fire/cold over light/cold (only if you have Vaetia's Wall). You gotta max living flame for the insane amount of life and life regen . then several point's in firedance. That way you regain ur missing damage by using / casting firedance.
- If not, Lightning/Cold would be best if you wanna get tanky , youd just have to manage getting damage from other sources.



https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Vastatrix I progressed with some 115 charms, a few signets, completed all 105/110 charms... ;)


Can't tell what you have inside each socket on your items. Not Armory doesnt show it. I assume energy runes? or are they crafted?

Either way, if you have any more trouble let me know :)


I have around 9 Thai Runes, rest is energy. In the shield I still have diamonds but I am far overcapped

Thai > energy > anything else?
User avatar
Dru
Balrog
128 | -1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cloudscraper wrote:
I have around 9 Thai Runes, rest is energy. In the shield I still have diamonds but I am far overcapped

Thai > energy > anything else?



just use enough to get close to the Pierce breaking points.


Energy will be filled out by making a Energy Wormhole and a Energy Umbaru Treasure.
cloudscraper
Invader
9 | 0
Hello Dru, here I am with the updates!

level 121 now.

Fixed my sockets, have Thai runes and Topazes only.
Reset my stats and redistributed them taking into account new trinkets.
Got all 105- 110-115 trinkets in my inventory.
Tried a couple of the 120 ones, but felt very very weak for those.

Tried Teganze, but my ability to progress through monsters is extremely slow due to lots of cold immune and still not high penetration (89%).

Got absolutely 0 drops from the "Mid_game-zann esu" gear set and 0 drops from the "End_Game" gear set, so I am still stuck on tiered uniques as one week or so ago.
I feel a little lost.

1. I have done 10-12 runs in Kurast 3000 B.A., they dropped a lot of sacred sets, but none of the one I actually need. I have troubles in finding out what might have market and what does not, is checking on discord trading section the only real way?

2. In your walkthrough, you suggest Duncraig or Teganze over lvl 120. I will immediately go try Duncraig ,but Teganze seems very slow and frustrating in progressing, albeit not extremely risky: should I just accept it and try to reach the central boss platform?

3. I am still a long way from finishing my signets of learning, only 70 acquired. How highly should I prioritize them?

Thanks for the awesome guide, the support, and the good experience I am having in Median XL


Edit: duncraig seems a little more doable: is the explosion from slain souls triggered on death? That hurts me a lot
User avatar
OzakiDesu
Cultist
24 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
cloudscraper wrote:Hello Dru, here I am with the updates!

level 121 now.

Fixed my sockets, have Thai runes and Topazes only.
Reset my stats and redistributed them taking into account new trinkets.
Got all 105- 110-115 trinkets in my inventory.
Tried a couple of the 120 ones, but felt very very weak for those.

Tried Teganze, but my ability to progress through monsters is extremely slow due to lots of cold immune and still not high penetration (89%).

Got absolutely 0 drops from the "Mid_game-zann esu" gear set and 0 drops from the "End_Game" gear set, so I am still stuck on tiered uniques as one week or so ago.
I feel a little lost.

1. I have done 10-12 runs in Kurast 3000 B.A., they dropped a lot of sacred sets, but none of the one I actually need. I have troubles in finding out what might have market and what does not, is checking on discord trading section the only real way?

2. In your walkthrough, you suggest Duncraig or Teganze over lvl 120. I will immediately go try Duncraig ,but Teganze seems very slow and frustrating in progressing, albeit not extremely risky: should I just accept it and try to reach the central boss platform?

3. I am still a long way from finishing my signets of learning, only 70 acquired. How highly should I prioritize them?

Thanks for the awesome guide, the support, and the good experience I am having in Median XL


Edit: duncraig seems a little more doable: is the explosion from slain souls triggered on death? That hurts me a lot


Getting the set definitely will give u a boost, you can get each piece for 5 TG from players, or find it.

You could farm signets from Nithilak in hell, he drops 2 each, or run torajan jungles and it drops 1 5 25 chance iirc. Might be wrong.
It takes a little over 3 hours of farming to get 400 i think but u could do it faster.

As for ur edit on duncraig.

There are barrels that get thrown by the mobs, they explode, and cause 7000 HP damage. You can avoid the AOE Circle by walking way, or just clearing it fast. You mainly need the set, and that's probably holding you back a bit.

If u need any help you can dm me on discord Ayato#0666 or dru can help you ^^
Eltrius
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hey dru, nice guide, really wanna try this since I stop playing for some reasons, Just wanna know, is it make the difference start with (talking to 2º tree) poison against of fire, i think light is ok in mid, or I can make the change as my game play style, or is a big difference?
User avatar
OzakiDesu
Cultist
24 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Eltrius wrote:Hey dru, nice guide, really wanna try this since I stop playing for some reasons, Just wanna know, is it make the difference start with (talking to 2º tree) poison against of fire, i think light is ok in mid, or I can make the change as my game play style, or is a big difference?


Read the passives in each tree ^^
Cakeshop
Fallen
1 | 0
always thanks for your guide.

do you think ice tomb is better than Armor of the Old Religion?
cloudscraper
Invader
9 | 0
OzakiDesu wrote:
cloudscraper wrote:Hello Dru, here I am with the updates!

level 121 now.

Fixed my sockets, have Thai runes and Topazes only.
Reset my stats and redistributed them taking into account new trinkets.
Got all 105- 110-115 trinkets in my inventory.
Tried a couple of the 120 ones, but felt very very weak for those.

Tried Teganze, but my ability to progress through monsters is extremely slow due to lots of cold immune and still not high penetration (89%).

Got absolutely 0 drops from the "Mid_game-zann esu" gear set and 0 drops from the "End_Game" gear set, so I am still stuck on tiered uniques as one week or so ago.
I feel a little lost.

1. I have done 10-12 runs in Kurast 3000 B.A., they dropped a lot of sacred sets, but none of the one I actually need. I have troubles in finding out what might have market and what does not, is checking on discord trading section the only real way?

2. In your walkthrough, you suggest Duncraig or Teganze over lvl 120. I will immediately go try Duncraig ,but Teganze seems very slow and frustrating in progressing, albeit not extremely risky: should I just accept it and try to reach the central boss platform?

3. I am still a long way from finishing my signets of learning, only 70 acquired. How highly should I prioritize them?

Thanks for the awesome guide, the support, and the good experience I am having in Median XL


Edit: duncraig seems a little more doable: is the explosion from slain souls triggered on death? That hurts me a lot


Getting the set definitely will give u a boost, you can get each piece for 5 TG from players, or find it.

You could farm signets from Nithilak in hell, he drops 2 each, or run torajan jungles and it drops 1 5 25 chance iirc. Might be wrong.
It takes a little over 3 hours of farming to get 400 i think but u could do it faster.

As for ur edit on duncraig.

There are barrels that get thrown by the mobs, they explode, and cause 7000 HP damage. You can avoid the AOE Circle by walking way, or just clearing it fast. You mainly need the set, and that's probably holding you back a bit.

If u need any help you can dm me on discord Ayato#0666 or dru can help you ^^


I have farmed far more than 3 total hours in torajan and I got very few signets,don't know why really. Managed to kill Duncraig and get the +2 skill trinket btw


To get TGs i should sell my items right? Should I make a forum post, advertise on discord, both, or is there any way to automate it?
User avatar
Dru
Balrog
128 | -1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Eltrius wrote:Hey dru, nice guide, really wanna try this since I stop playing for some reasons, Just wanna know, is it make the difference start with (talking to 2º tree) poison against of fire, i think light is ok in mid, or I can make the change as my game play style, or is a big difference?


- Fire/Cold using Zan esu set still works.
- just put like a few points into firedance til its like on a 2 second Cooldown.
- max living flame.
- ill try uploading the fire/cold setup for Zan Esu set.
* Uploaded another option for using that set.
► Show Spoiler



Cakeshop wrote:always thanks for your guide.

do you think ice tomb is better than Armor of the Old Religion?


- I personally like icetomb better because it gives you more pierce and its less stat requirements, meaning you can put more points into energy.
- However, you will find yourself with way more damage using Armor of Old Religion. its a great armor. :) its just the Dexterity Requirements are like 722 and thats really high . You'd have to put alot of points into Dexterity or maybe make a Energy wormhole to kinda balance it out.

cloudscraper wrote:Hello Dru, here I am with the updates!

level 121 now.

Fixed my sockets, have Thai runes and Topazes only.
Reset my stats and redistributed them taking into account new trinkets.
Got all 105- 110-115 trinkets in my inventory.
Tried a couple of the 120 ones, but felt very very weak for those.

Tried Teganze, but my ability to progress through monsters is extremely slow due to lots of cold immune and still not high penetration (89%).

Got absolutely 0 drops from the "Mid_game-zann esu" gear set and 0 drops from the "End_Game" gear set, so I am still stuck on tiered uniques as one week or so ago.
I feel a little lost.

1. I have done 10-12 runs in Kurast 3000 B.A., they dropped a lot of sacred sets, but none of the one I actually need. I have troubles in finding out what might have market and what does not, is checking on discord trading section the only real way?

2. In your walkthrough, you suggest Duncraig or Teganze over lvl 120. I will immediately go try Duncraig ,but Teganze seems very slow and frustrating in progressing, albeit not extremely risky: should I just accept it and try to reach the central boss platform?

3. I am still a long way from finishing my signets of learning, only 70 acquired. How highly should I prioritize them?

Thanks for the awesome guide, the support, and the good experience I am having in Median XL


Edit: duncraig seems a little more doable: is the explosion from slain souls triggered on death? That hurts me a lot


- yea coming across the set early on is not impossible but somewhat a long process. so i suggest either just selling the items you find ,
- disenchanting the set pieces into sigs and selling those could help too
- Also, i am trying my best to work on a crafting setup for mid game for those who cannot find Zan Esu set early on.
- you can try crafting some items using Sacred Shrines. (keep the early & end game skill tree) <--- will help with physical resist since you wont have any using crafted.
- Teganze is a really like a side option if you got the pierce and resist for it. I listed it there because some people absolutely hate duncraig and would rather go elsewhere to level.
Bimbobaggins
Skeleton
2 | 0
- Also, i am trying my best to work on a crafting setup for mid game for those who cannot find Zan Esu set early on.


I'm using crafted shoes and gloves, and I've been trying to craft a decent hat until I get Eye of Septumos. To me having the most cold damage and -enemy cold resistance are the key things to having decent gear rather than +skills (+skills should be icing on the cake). That way, you could use energy factor MOs if you need them. You want the most out of the shrine and the blessing. That's just my take playing a Cold Sorc. Oh yea, Nightscaoe isn't a bad 1-90 piece until you get Zan Esu or a decent crafted chest piece.