DatDudeJay's Warcry Barbarian - Updated NEW VIDEOS!

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ratmslasher wrote:<Sigma 1.5>
Just wanted to highlight after pushing Barb Summoner as far as I could, I switched to Warcry and was able to complete some other content I was unable to do as summoner.

I followed the Warcry guide pretty closely.

I was able to get up to T11 labs, and do Lazarus/Spirit world, 2 ubers I was unable to do as Summoner.
I also re-did most other uber content, and Warcry was definitely an improvement overall from Summoner.
(e.g. Nephalem's Sacrifice took 90mins as summoner, ~20 as warcry)

Here are 2 videos:
Lazarus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGPyqFvGta0

Spirit World: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqZJ76jDq8Q&t=9s

Thanks very much for posting these videos - this helped me immensely in finally taking down Lazarus myself :bounce:

For anyone else going for Laz with this build, here are some comments:
-DO NOT use Thundergod. The stun novas do not jive well with the totems and they will insta-kill you as a result.
-As Ratmslasher did in his video, I used all Enchanted crafted gear for the Magic Res, and focused on hitting +Vit +Life and +Skills. Everything filled with On runes. I used a high roll Eye of Wisdom (488 Life / 2sk), Ring of Truth (5% slow attacker), and Adrenaline Rush which helps get away from Laz for a break. I also used 2x
Malus Domestica
Malus Domestica
Club (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 41 to 42
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 376
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
Increased Healing Rate from Apples by 100%
Apple Healing Effect While Equipped
+(0 to 2) to All Skills
+50% Damage to Undead
(11 to 20)% to Vitality
+(1 to 1000) to Life
Maximum Life +3%
Physical Resist (6 to 10)%
10% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
and 2x War Cry swords on swap.
-SMax: Ancient Blood, Mountain King, Eagle Stance, then the remainder in Runemaster.

*Edit* I tried Eagle Stance instead of Bear Stance and holy moly it is such a vast improvement for this fight. Eagle Stance all the way!
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Guide updated for 1.7.

Big Changes- No longer need to stack Energy! Dump 20% of your total stats into energy to fix your mana problems ONLY! The rest into vitality, It's time we are 20k+ life builds! Energy barely gives us damage so there is no need at all for it!

I will be testing to see how little energy i can put in to sustain mana, For now aim for a 5k mana pool and dump the rest into vitality. ill post updates asap.

still in the process of testing new setups and boss videos. If you run into questions please feel free to hit me up on discord.

Discord: DatDudeJay#2541
omgwtfpewpew
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Damn, nerfed in .4, gone from 11k to 7k
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
According to some discussion on Discord, ideally everyone should aim for about 2100 pts in Energy for optimal damage bonus (or more, but very diminishing returns), and as much Spell Focus as possible, with a maximum of 1000 Spell Focus.

OP, what Sleep charm do you think is best for this build? I scored a perfect 1% to all max res, kind of torn which trophy to apply... Bremm, vieled prophet and astrogha all look good, hoping you can nominate one for me :)
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
altoiddealer wrote:According to some discussion on Discord, ideally everyone should aim for about 2100 pts in Energy for optimal damage bonus (or more, but very diminishing returns), and as much Spell Focus as possible, with a maximum of 1000 Spell Focus.

OP, what Sleep charm do you think is best for this build? I scored a perfect 1% to all max res, kind of torn which trophy to apply... Bremm, vieled prophet and astrogha all look good, hoping you can nominate one for me :)

i would end up using the %bonus spell focus sleep charm ( veiled prophet ) just because its easier to get. although yshari sactum trophy 15% spell dmg 10% max mana with mana gained when struck is honestly really nice, and might have a huge effect on mana sustain.

If you are using 2x ghal rune swords i would def use veiled prophet. The scaling of the spell focus would be a noticeable damage increase, and more than likely the only way possible the build will even get close to 1k spell focus.

If you are magic finding , I would still use xazax trophy in the sleep

Yshari sanctum trophy on sleep is hard to say what the best use of it is especially considering its such a pain to even get. getting a yshari sanctum trophy to just farm fauntzville with no mana problems kinda seems pointless but brings a huge quality of life not needing mana pots or life pots. Not to mention i think getting 150 spell focus to match the raw damage output of this would be hard to do if not impossible. So yshari in terms of raw dmg gained is probably the best.

up to you honestly. Hope this helps making your choice a little easier.
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
-added relic section
-added change log
-Updated Mf build for 1.7
-added speed mf clear variant
-updated some typos and MO sections.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
datdudejay wrote:Yshari sanctum trophy on sleep is hard to say what the best use of it is especially considering its such a pain to even get. getting a yshari sanctum trophy to just farm fauntzville with no mana problems kinda seems pointless but brings a huge quality of life not needing mana pots or life pots. Not to mention i think getting 150 spell focus to match the raw damage output of this would be hard to do if not impossible. So yshari in terms of raw dmg gained is probably the best.

Thanks for the advise! I'm going for it, hoping it will help me push up a little higher into the labs.

I farmed a Laz trophy a few weeks ago, so this will be a walk in the park by comparison... already nailed Valthek him 15 times in 3 hours today.

Thanks for updating the guide! Small error, in the Super Endgame Gear list it still shows the armor as possibly +5 max elem res. I know the verbose description addresses the nerf and ways to get the 90 res.
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
altoiddealer wrote:
datdudejay wrote:Yshari sanctum trophy on sleep is hard to say what the best use of it is especially considering its such a pain to even get. getting a yshari sanctum trophy to just farm fauntzville with no mana problems kinda seems pointless but brings a huge quality of life not needing mana pots or life pots. Not to mention i think getting 150 spell focus to match the raw damage output of this would be hard to do if not impossible. So yshari in terms of raw dmg gained is probably the best.

Thanks for the advise! I'm going for it, hoping it will help me push up a little higher into the labs.

I farmed a Laz trophy a few weeks ago, so this will be a walk in the park by comparison... already nailed Valthek him 15 times in 3 hours today.

Thanks for updating the guide! Small error, in the Super Endgame Gear list it still shows the armor as possibly +5 max elem res. I know the verbose description addresses the nerf and ways to get the 90 res.

Ill go ahead and fix that, thx for pointing it out.
Bongmix
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What merc would you guys recommend to use?
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Bongmix wrote:What merc would you guys recommend to use?

I went with a a3 necrolyte merc , casts forceblast and miasma. Both are dmg reduction debuffs that actually stack on the rare occassion.

makes farming feel really good. The merc is very tanky, easy to get 400-600k total defense on him.

merc gear:

Armor of the Old Religion
Armor of the Old Religion
Ceremonial Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (8437 - 9306) to (10452 - 11529)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 722
+(4 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+200 Spell Focus
50% Hit Recovery
+(35 to 50)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(35 to 50)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(35 to 50)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(9 to 12) to Sacrifices
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Elemental Resists +25%
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
+(101 to 150) Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)

Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
(16 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)

Shield of Hakan II
Shield of Hakan II
Gothic Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (6995 - 7994) to (9190 - 10428)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Strength: 600
Required Dexterity: 619
1% Base Block Chance
-25% Cast Speed
-50% to Spell Damage
Slows Attacker by 25%
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(2000 to 3000) Defense
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)

Ashaera's Armor
Ashaera's Armor
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 1687 to 1760
Required Strength: 575
+(21 to 25) Spell Focus
+(11 to 15)% to Spell Damage
+500 Defense
(11 to 15)% to Energy
Elemental Resists +(10 to 15)%
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (2)

The Xiphos
The Xiphos
Short Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (55 - 74) to (107 - 176)
Required Level: 60
Required Strength: 376
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
2% Chance to cast level 5 Shatterblade on Striking
(5 to 50)% Attack Speed
+(50 to 100) to Maximum Damage
+(50 to 100)% Enhanced Damage
0.125% Chance of Crushing Blow (Based on Character Level)
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (3)

Crafted Abandoned gloves
Random +3 amulet

If you cant get armor of the old religion then you can use any other sorc chest that gives you either avoid or phy dr. Sorc chests just have insane defensive stats. So use whatever you find.

I also think that a A1 merc with a sick crafted bow might be able to do some pretty serious single target damage, but it would also be hard to keep alive. im still in the process of tweaking the gear on a a1 merc. Maybe once ive tested some more things ill add a merc section

anyways gl