DatDudeJay's Warcry Barbarian - Updated NEW VIDEOS!

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
wdzepplin111222
Prowler
19 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
jdubbedition wrote:If anyone else is around lvl 130 I am curious what your skills are put in to?

I would do the following:

Wolf companion (15)
Ancient blood (25)
Mountain king (25)
Bear stance (30)
Hunter's mark (1)
Spirit guide (1)
Specialization (10)
Endurance (7-10)
Immortal (15)
Thundergod (1)
Runemaster (10-15) <- to be shared between this and endurance
Meditation (3) <- personnal preference, you can go Chemistry instead if you prefer
jdubbedition
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
wdzepplin111222 wrote:
jdubbedition wrote:If anyone else is around lvl 130 I am curious what your skills are put in to?

I would do the following:

Wolf companion (15)
Ancient blood (25)
Mountain king (25)
Bear stance (30)
Hunter's mark (1)
Spirit guide (1)
Specialization (10)
Endurance (7-10)
Immortal (15)
Thundergod (1)
Runemaster (10-15) <- to be shared between this and endurance
Meditation (3) <- personnal preference, you can go Chemistry instead if you prefer

I greatly appreciate this. I just wanted to compare others beyond the guide. Mine look about the same with some personal preferences in there.
Thank you.
Mooncore
Skeleton
3 | 0
Can some one lend me voice of arreat?
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Let it be known that the Hunter’s Mark added Physical damage DOES apply to War Cry. Ben (one of the devs) confirmed this on discord. So for pure DPS its a good idea to sacrifice some defensive points to max this skill
wdzepplin111222
Prowler
19 | 0
Donated 25 times

I feel like I've pushed the build to near peak potential. I could add a few more relics instead of jewels or thal runes, but overall, I don't think it would change the fact that it's a very fast farmer but lacks damage for any boss with high hp (small bosses like Astro, Xazax, Azmodan, etc. dies pretty fast)

You are pretty much bound to run a 2 builds setup for this character. Basically War Cry for farming and Elemental for maps. Keep in mind that Elemental also has few downsides in maps vs certain mobs/small ubers (like the sin heroe, sucks to go against, but I'd say it's the same for WC)

I hope to see changes to WC in the future to make it viable vs higher hp targets. I suggested Ben to add a 2nd skill to WC that gives a smaller AOE but more concentrated damage. You'd still want bigger AOE for speed clear and swap to this skill vs bosses.

I will keep trying to make it stronger, hopefully I can reach like 130+ War Cry but that would only mean about 75K sheet dmg, still not enough to clear higher hp bosses. It would need at least 200K+ to be efficient

Also, at this point, considering how much energy I have, Meditation is completely useless unless I want to go for something like Baal who drains mana like crazy, but otherwise, your mana doesn't go down at all. I decided to go with Continuity for speed farming as it allows me to buff less often.

PS : I don't have a Umbaru still...I managed to roll 10 total stats after 20 rolls on my first one and haven't tried again.
I haven't had the "guts" to roll mana regen on all my gear and go eagle stance instead of bear although I have 5-6 Moon Crystal UMOs. I don't want to potentially ruin by going full Moon Crystal on gear if ever 1) it doens't work out well or 2) I want to use the gear for something else.
wyrmax
Sasquatch
61 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
wdzepplin111222 wrote:Image

I feel like I've pushed the build to near peak potential. I could add a few more relics instead of jewels or thal runes, but overall, I don't think it would change the fact that it's a very fast farmer but lacks damage for any boss with high hp (small bosses like Astro, Xazax, Azmodan, etc. dies pretty fast)

You are pretty much bound to run a 2 builds setup for this character. Basically War Cry for farming and Elemental for maps. Keep in mind that Elemental also has few downsides in maps vs certain mobs/small ubers (like the sin heroe, sucks to go against, but I'd say it's the same for WC)

I hope to see changes to WC in the future to make it viable vs higher hp targets. I suggested Ben to add a 2nd skill to WC that gives a smaller AOE but more concentrated damage. You'd still want bigger AOE for speed clear and swap to this skill vs bosses.

I will keep trying to make it stronger, hopefully I can reach like 130+ War Cry but that would only mean about 75K sheet dmg, still not enough to clear higher hp bosses. It would need at least 200K+ to be efficient

Also, at this point, considering how much energy I have, Meditation is completely useless unless I want to go for something like Baal who drains mana like crazy, but otherwise, your mana doesn't go down at all. I decided to go with Continuity for speed farming as it allows me to buff less often.

PS : I don't have a Umbaru still...I managed to roll 10 total stats after 20 rolls on my first one and haven't tried again.
I haven't had the "guts" to roll mana regen on all my gear and go eagle stance instead of bear although I have 5-6 Moon Crystal UMOs. I don't want to potentially ruin by going full Moon Crystal on gear if ever 1) it doens't work out well or 2) I want to use the gear for something else.

damn that damage - how much mf do u have with this setup
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
How tf do I level to 100+ to use VOA?
wdzepplin111222
Prowler
19 | 0
Donated 25 times
Effective wrote:How tf do I level to 100+ to use VOA?

I would use earthquake to level as it is very efficient with minimal gear requirements.
At least that's how I did it
wdzepplin111222
Prowler
19 | 0
Donated 25 times
wyrmax wrote:
wdzepplin111222 wrote:Image

damn that damage - how much mf do u have with this setup

That's a very low MF setup, it's almost pure dmg so maybe 100 MF. Usually I'm sitting at around 45-47K dmg with 330 MF (no MF MO in gear so it could be 400+ pretty easily)
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
wdzepplin111222 wrote:
Effective wrote:How tf do I level to 100+ to use VOA?

I would use earthquake to level as it is very efficient with minimal gear requirements.
At least that's how I did it

I went the Shaman route. It's kinda meh. At lvl 50 and slowly climbing.