DatDudeJay's Warcry Barbarian - Updated NEW VIDEOS!

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Bongmix
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
datdudejay wrote:
Bongmix wrote:What merc would you guys recommend to use?

I went with a a3 necrolyte merc , casts forceblast and miasma. Both are dmg reduction debuffs that actually stack on the rare occassion.

makes farming feel really good. The merc is very tanky, easy to get 400-600k total defense on him.

merc gear:

Armor of the Old Religion
Armor of the Old Religion
Ceremonial Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (8437 - 9306) to (10452 - 11529)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 722
Item Level: 105
+(4 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+200 Spell Focus
50% Hit Recovery
+(35 to 50)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(35 to 50)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(35 to 50)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(9 to 12) to Sacrifices
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Elemental Resists +25%
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
+(101 to 150) Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)

Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
(16 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)

Shield of Hakan II
Shield of Hakan II
Gothic Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (6995 - 7994) to (9190 - 10428)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Strength: 600
Required Dexterity: 619
1% Base Block Chance
-25% Cast Speed
-50% to Spell Damage
Slows Attacker by 25%
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(2000 to 3000) Defense
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)

Ashaera's Armor
Ashaera's Armor
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 1687 to 1760
Required Strength: 575
+(21 to 25) Spell Focus
+(11 to 15)% to Spell Damage
+500 Defense
(11 to 15)% to Energy
Elemental Resists +(10 to 15)%
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (2)

The Xiphos
The Xiphos
Short Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (55 - 74) to (107 - 176)
Required Level: 60
Required Strength: 376
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
2% Chance to cast level 5 Shatterblade on Striking
(5 to 50)% Attack Speed
+(50 to 100) to Maximum Damage
+(50 to 100)% Enhanced Damage
0.125% Chance of Crushing Blow (Based on Character Level)
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (3)

Crafted Abandoned gloves
Random +3 amulet

If you cant get armor of the old religion then you can use any other sorc chest that gives you either avoid or phy dr. Sorc chests just have insane defensive stats. So use whatever you find.

I also think that a A1 merc with a sick crafted bow might be able to do some pretty serious single target damage, but it would also be hard to keep alive. im still in the process of tweaking the gear on a a1 merc. Maybe once ive tested some more things ill add a merc section

anyways gl

Thank you so much for the response. I'll try that out!
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Why Xiphos?
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Diaco wrote:Why Xiphos?

cheap sword i found with 5% phy dr, honestly no other reason. if you play the debuff merc you just want him to stay alive not deal any kinds of damage.

so the sword is fine for me, im sure there is something better out there but yeah...not a big deal.
blithe
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Having some problem killing the bosses in labs, even on lower tiers like 4-5 (but in 3-4p games). Especially the assassin.

I do kill them, but it takes very long time even with 21k damage. Am I missing something?
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I’ve been pushing this WC build for a few months now, and I’ve recently tried maxing out Eagle Stance instead of Bear Stance for upper Labs and attempts at Samael.

I’m having much much better results for both of the above with Eagle Stance, and occasionally switching to the low skill Bear Stance to deal with packs of twisted necrobots and tunnelers which deal big physical damage. Tested up to T13. I haven’t killed Samael, unsure if that’s even possible with this build, but I got him down to less health with Eagle Stance versus Bear Stance.

Bear Stance all the way for farming, though.
blithe
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
altoiddealer wrote:I’ve been pushing this WC build for a few months now, and I’ve recently tried maxing out Eagle Stance instead of Bear Stance for upper Labs and attempts at Samael.

I’m having much much better results for both of the above with Eagle Stance, and occasionally switching to the low skill Bear Stance to deal with packs of twisted necrobots and tunnelers which deal big physical damage. Tested up to T13. I haven’t killed Samael, unsure if that’s even possible with this build, but I got him down to less health with Eagle Stance versus Bear Stance.

Bear Stance all the way for farming, though.

How much mana reg have u reached? Shouldnt u be able to reach 50% pr with nebels, a decent nata and spirit walker?
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
blithe wrote:How much mana reg have u reached? Shouldnt u be able to reach 50% pr with nebels, a decent nata and spirit walker?

Unsure whether you are asking about my using Eagle Stance for Labs, or for my using Bear Stance when farming.
I just respec'd to farming mode so I'm unsure what my mana regen was when running Labs, but with Eagle Stance mana was always 100% full even versus Corrupted Barbarian. In the higher labs I had less than 30 PR when cursed, but I still took less damage with the huge Life regen than when I had 50 PR while cursed. Except, if a few Tunnelers shoot waves simultaneously... which must be avoided.

When I say Bear Stance all the way for farming, it's not because lack of PR but because the Defense boost is required to avoid the hit stun from the constant barrage of projectiles, which really bogs down movement regardless of how much damage is being taken.

I have all the above except for Spirit Walkers, but I do use
Riptide
with 9 PR (luckied and 1 from a jewel) and +2 max elem res.
NotArmory link
blithe
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
altoiddealer wrote:
blithe wrote:How much mana reg have u reached? Shouldnt u be able to reach 50% pr with nebels, a decent nata and spirit walker?

Unsure whether you are asking about my using Eagle Stance for Labs, or for my using Bear Stance when farming.
I just respec'd to farming mode so I'm unsure what my mana regen was when running Labs, but with Eagle Stance mana was always 100% full even versus Corrupted Barbarian. In the higher labs I had less than 30 PR when cursed, but I still took less damage with the huge Life regen than when I had 50 PR while cursed. Except, if a few Tunnelers shoot waves simultaneously... which must be avoided.

When I say Bear Stance all the way for farming, it's not because lack of PR but because the Defense boost is required to avoid the hit stun from the constant barrage of projectiles, which really bogs down movement regardless of how much damage is being taken.

Riptide
NotArmory link

I mean, spirit walker gives PR from mana reg, so I guess using eagle stance with spirit walker would give u a nice boost as well?
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
blithe wrote:
altoiddealer wrote:

Riptide
NotArmory link

I mean, spirit walker gives PR from mana reg, so I guess using eagle stance with spirit walker would give u a nice boost as well?

Oh yeah wow, I 100% need to get me a pair of those boots now. Dayum. I'm sure the PR boost would be incredible.
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
blithe wrote:Having some problem killing the bosses in labs, even on lower tiers like 4-5 (but in 3-4p games). Especially the assassin.

I do kill them, but it takes very long time even with 21k damage. Am I missing something?

assassin has massive avoid damage, your damage is good for sure but dont underestimate how much life boss mobs get with additional players.. Its alot regardless if t4-5 ect.

generally speaking assassin is just rough for this build, because you have to sit there and hold warcry and then the assassin will drop a trap underneath your character and it does alot of dmg if you are not moving around.

Id also imagine your max res is not that high yet aswell, rifts imo require 87+ max res, Idealy 90 max res. The elemental damage just keeps scaling insanely high and it will make everything crazy.

i saw you mention a spirit walker with eagle variant, it is true that you will get a decent chunk of pdr from eagle stance this way. I think its around 20% PDR with this setup but you actually will want the total defense in higher tier rifts. Necrobots are completely crazy and you probably want the defense from bear stance. The life regen you get from eagle stance has always felt really bad to me but feel free to try it out yourself.

Once this ladder goes to NL ill be mass updating my Rift section with brand new information / tips/tricks/ and video content, I just got burnt out this season rushing to update this guide for everyone since there was so many changes.