DatDudeJay's Warcry Barbarian - Updated NEW VIDEOS!

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Fellfrosch
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So how Rare is the Warcry Mod i spent in total 34 Shrines ( enchanted ) and see the Mod 1 Time so i have a +9 warcry Bronze sword without the helmet. Its not playable with that .... Is the Mod so rare ? Or doing it wrong ?
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Make 2 swords with random shrines until you get 2 warcry swords to get you going.
After that you can go and spend the 100's of shrines needed to make better swords with more useful mods.
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Ya, i took all shrines i had random... and made 2 +12 warcry... got the recommended warcry budget and its working so well since lcl 90. Only hard part is Bosses atm. But trash dies in 1-2 warcry
Ratmslasher
Prowler
17 | 6
Opgedronken wrote:Is it really necessary for the defence to use ancient armors?
Walking slowly is the most annoying part of mxl, so is a light plate enough for defense?

I wondered the same thing to be honest...

I played so much Summoner that I was used to Wolf Stance move speed increase.
Switching to Warcry, this drove me crazy, even with 40% movespeed on boots, and also with the 3sec teleport.

Personally I think MS is so important for dodging uber mechanics, I could see how the MS bonus of lower armor outweighs the +defense.
I never did any math to actually compare the actual damage mitigation, but if Uber has a 1shot mechanic you're sure gonna wish you dodged it don't ya :).
Ratmslasher
Prowler
17 | 6
Fellfrosch wrote:So how Rare is the Warcry Mod i spent in total 34 Shrines ( enchanted ) and see the Mod 1 Time so i have a +9 warcry Bronze sword without the helmet. Its not playable with that .... Is the Mod so rare ? Or doing it wrong ?

Last ladder I used probably ~150 Enchanted Shrines.

I probably grabbed crafted ~10-15x Warcry swords.

It's pretty hard to get all the mods you want... Highly recommend keeping all rare warcries you craft.
Then you can consider multiple loadouts (beyond just "2x").

Also Dmg Increase from 2x warcry swords vs 1 with Dremflange, at endgame, was difference of ~5-10k warcry damage for me. Maybe because I didn't have my DFlange using arcane hungers or maybe I did, can't remember.

Always a tradeoff between surviviablity and more dmg.
I had decent Natasha's armor and lottod 1max all res ammy, so i had decent res up to ~T11 labs.
Nicolas72
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
Howdy folks.
Currently I am trying out this build (lvl 121) and I am having quite some fun, mixed in with lots of frustration.
For normal "trash" mobs this build works just fine but I am struggling with any kind of "boss" or even elites.
My damage hovers around 9k with mostly TU gear (600k def) still but i am slowly accumulating some better gear.
K3K is the only place where i do not get my barby butt handed to me on a platter. If it were not for my merc i would use two mana pots before those darn Spire things go down.
So my question is... How do you guys deal with bosses ? Diablo took me about 30 deaths and almost 1 hour lol.
I have 2 swords and 1 shield with 11+ warcry on it. Dual sword is doable in K3K but not in Tran....well..not that the shield is really making a difference.
Any pointer in the right direction is highly appreciated.

Note... just tried Legacy of blood...and..omg it was embarassing..I had to log my DaggerMancer to dispatch of him in under 20 seconds...
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Nicolas72 wrote:Howdy folks.
Currently I am trying out this build (lvl 121) and I am having quite some fun, mixed in with lots of frustration.
For normal "trash" mobs this build works just fine but I am struggling with any kind of "boss" or even elites.
My damage hovers around 9k with mostly TU gear (600k def) still but i am slowly accumulating some better gear.
K3K is the only place where i do not get my barby butt handed to me on a platter. If it were not for my merc i would use two mana pots before those darn Spire things go down.
So my question is... How do you guys deal with bosses ? Diablo took me about 30 deaths and almost 1 hour lol.
I have 2 swords and 1 shield with 11+ warcry on it. Dual sword is doable in K3K but not in Tran....well..not that the shield is really making a difference.
Any pointer in the right direction is highly appreciated.

Note... just tried Legacy of blood...and..omg it was embarassing..I had to log my DaggerMancer to dispatch of him in under 20 seconds...

Hey dude.

I follow the guide to the T... warcry budget... i got the armor and the other set item...and both my swords are +12 with sucky other stats....
With my main i farmed 400sigs... and i used all the 400 on my barb when he was lvl 1.... once i hit 90 i started right away Warcry... and im now 129 i think.. and im now using my mains Charms....
Def is around 480k dmg is 12k... Didnt die at Diablo but i resently did him cuz needed act 5 for Faultzville...

Once i hit 120 went to Dunc... to my surprise it was piece of cake.... just started Fautz and just the necrobots kill me cuz range attack... bremm piece of cake....
Check to MO your gear as well... only MO on my weapons are Life after each kill... just try to get 400sigs and follow the Warcry budget gear... youll be there soon
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
If you don't have 12 ghal runes I think eerie craft energy factor swords might do more damage (not sure yet, I still have to try :P).
With two spell damage swords filled with 2 ghals and hel runes I'm now at 13-14K.
I've tried swapping the hel for um, but I don't have enough energy factor to make um runes outdamage hel runes yet i think.
Nicolas72
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
I never had any great runes cuz...i usually keep croaking looking for em :mrotate:
What I will try tho is to raise my FCR to more than what is given to my through spirit guide at the moment. (145FCR)
It is just funny that I need my merc to get rid of bosses for me. I made sure he is like animal from the muppets with IAS out of the whazoo.
I am thinking about respeccing into Shamanic trance a bit so he actually gets my bear stance so he can last longer in Tran. That are quite a few points i need to invest into that tho, so i am not sure about it.
Dunc will be a pain in the rear i am sure. I have not even been to Fautz in the last few seasons so i do not know what to expect there.

Note.. Akarat for instance is a 3 out of 10 chance i can kill him before i run out of his croonies to weaken him.
Ratmslasher
Prowler
17 | 6
For what it’s worth, I do think budget summoner is more effective until you have sufficient gear for budget warcry.

If you are doing both summoner + warcry, I wouldn’t swap til you have:
2x warcry swords (or 1+
Dreamflange
Dreamflange
Mace (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 44 to 50
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 442
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+(3 to 4) to All Skills
+(51 to 75) Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(16 to 20)% to Spell Damage
+(51 to 100) to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
+2 to Light Radius
Socketed (3)
)
Voice of arreat (Maybe, can be hard to get)
Natasha's Legacy (Xis)
(much easier to farm as summoner)

These account for a very large % of your overall warcry damage.

That it just my opinion though.

Also for reference... my war cry with all of Jays item recommendations for endgame (Not necessarily BIS MOs or super high rolls), I ended up hovering around 40-55k warcry depending on if using 2x swords or dreamflange. Also had nearly all charms, and lvl 140.