DatDudeJay's Warcry Barbarian - Updated NEW VIDEOS!

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ratmslasher wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Ok, thanks Ratmslasher, I'll give it a go. So did you use it as a "1-point wonder" skill (the only synergy for hard points isn't useful since we don't use elemental weapons)?

I suspect 1 point is best - it looks like skill points will give more bang-for-buck elsewhere and the main boost from this skill comes from upping strength (and +skills).

BTW did you ever use 1-point in Thundergod just for the occasional stun novas?
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:
Ratmslasher wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Ok, thanks Ratmslasher, I'll give it a go. So did you use it as a "1-point wonder" skill (the only synergy for hard points isn't useful since we don't use elemental weapons)?

I suspect 1 point is best - it looks like skill points will give more bang-for-buck elsewhere and the main boost from this skill comes from upping strength (and +skills).

yes i did one point thundergod i think its worth it.
Ratmslasher
Prowler
17 | 6
Captcha wrote:
Ratmslasher wrote:
► Show Spoiler

I'd say if questions are related to summoner build, let's move the discussion over to the summoner forum (this is warcry; should keep it focused on Jay's warcry build out of respect :))

In both Warcry/Summoner, I always used Thundergod for occasional stun novas; 1 talent point for occasional big help.

Also re: summoner & Nephalem Spirit, I usually maxed or at least lots of points because after the Discord discussion I was under the impression it does increase damage. I think I confirmed this by testing how quick I was killing Uldyssian.

Future Summoner discussions let's move to summoner forum.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
No disrespect was intended towards Jay and I'm sure none was taken.

I'm following Jay's early levelling summoner guide at the moment, I'm not following the old 1.0 summoner guide at all - it seems outdated. In fact until you posted in this thread I was unaware that it existed at all!

If there are some tweaks worth making to the levelling part of this guide re reward skills, I hope Jay would want to hear them and be able to make adjustments to his excellent guide.

P.S. The guy who wrote the old guide got a rather undeserved +2 and -2 votes, when my vote comes off cooldown I'll upvote him and least he'll be positive for all that effort. :thumb:
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:No disrespect was intended towards Jay and I'm sure none was taken.

I'm following Jay's early levelling summoner guide at the moment, I'm not following the old 1.0 summoner guide at all - it seems outdated. In fact until you posted in this thread I was unaware that it existed at all!

If there are some tweaks worth making to the levelling part of this guide re reward skills, I hope Jay would want to hear them and be able to make adjustments to his excellent guide.

P.S. The guy who wrote the old guide got a rather undeserved +2 and -2 votes, when my vote comes off cooldown I'll upvote him and least he'll be positive for all that effort. :thumb:

this is a fair comment, I originally was not going to add a leveling section at all to my guide. Due to some people requesting one i added a very basic barb summoning lvling guide. I dont see how its possible to mess up leveling barb summoner to 120ish which is more than enough to farm the gear to switch to warcry.

If i can find the time i will make the leveling section better but as it stands i think the other guides which only talk about barb summoners do a great job covering the topic.

that being said, I welcome all feedback on my guide because i do want people to have the best experience possible when they choose my guide.

when i can designate the time i will be working on updating my guide with an improved leveling section/Updated recommendations for Mo'ing/relics/Boss videos and crafting tips.
Ratmslasher
Prowler
17 | 6
Captcha wrote:I'm following Jay's early levelling summoner guide at the moment, I'm not following the old 1.0 summoner guide at all - it seems outdated. In fact until you posted in this thread I was unaware that it existed at all!

Fair enough, I forgot about the summon guides since I wrote my post just the other day, ~1-2 weeks after being done with MXL last ladder :), and my last ~week was spent as warcry.
Jay is a good guy; he confirmed I wasn't crazy about
Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (150 - 163) to (233 - 246)
Two-Hand Damage: (206 - 225) to (285 - 305)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 480
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
15% Chance to cast level 34 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
6% Chance to cast level 40 Pentagram on Melee Attack
10% Chance to cast level 36 Bloodlust on Kill
+(30 to 60)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
Adds 50-125 Damage
Adds 84-167 Fire Damage
+(26 to 38)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
+(100 to 250) Life after each Kill
5% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
not procing off Warcry :).

Captcha wrote:If there are some tweaks worth making to the levelling part of this guide re reward skills, I hope Jay would want to hear them and be able to make adjustments to his excellent guide.

I think between Jay's description, the 1.0 guide, and my comments there's a ton of information for you to consider options and experiment.
Of the 3, I think I tried pushing Summoner capabilities "further" than the other 2 guides... I thoroughly enjoy a challenge, and as long as you're not damage limited with Summoner you can always progress by trading off survivability with damage. Like my guide, Jay highlights the importance of maxing Summon Minion Damage which I think is so critical because if you're minions cant out-damage the content, no amount of good play will help you progress. Perhaps mine is a bit more up to date since it is from last ladder, but I certainly don't consider myself more knowledgeably than Jay and others; I do mention that was only my 3rd MXL ladder.

I don't necessarily recommend pushing too far as summoner. Warcry was def. much more effective in the end-game, but it is kind of a more expensive build (when considering the boots, all the barb sword crafting, etc.), and doesn't really work until you have a few key items like the helm. Jay does highlight that Warcry is not a ladder-starter build. I think summoner really starts to roll off around the ~120-125 Ubers, and truly min-maxing it can push to some 130 Uber content... But Warcry is much more effective >125 ubers if you get the gear prepared.

I think a good MXL strategy overall is study/prepare >2 builds gear-wise and collect everything you might need. I'm sure that's obvious.
Edited by Ratmslasher 3 years.
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Which Shrine is best to craft the swords ? from like best to worst or something ?
datdudejay
Lava Lord
94 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
thysick wrote:Which Shrine is best to craft the swords ? from like best to worst or something ?

if your goal is to magic find use Eerie shrines
If your goal is damage/Rifts/ubers I suggest you use enchanted shrines.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Is it really necessary for the defence to use ancient armors?
Walking slowly is the most annoying part of mxl, so is a light plate enough for defense?
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
tRASH IS EASY TO KILL.... BUT BOSSES AT THE MOMENT... OOF... BUT ONLY LVL 104, LOVE THE PLAY STYLE