Old school Lightning Sorc 2020

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Change the title. Your guide is pretty good.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Here a good tittle to you:

"Tempest actually sucks (it actually rules): Old school median memes".

Everybody will be happy lol
Engersion
Sasquatch
65 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Crash wrote:Your Tempestsucks hyperlink to the old guide doesn't actually link to the old Tempestsucks guide.

How the !@#$. Corrected

suchbalance wrote:I think you're doing your guide a disservice with the title. References to some ancient post won't actually inform the new players, your target audience, what the guide is about and make them click on it.

Yeah there is a point to what you're saying. Changed the title.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Even for players who don’t play Light sorc this is a great guide to the various bosses in the game. Much respect for the effort and time you put into this.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
About Herald of the End: "The final boss of the 2017 patch"

So, this boss exist in Median 2017 1.3.2?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
One of the greatest guides I have read here. Few things:

- I wonder how you do not consider Duriel a threat? His Fortress is a pain for any caster, especially if you are new.
- Hephasto doesn't use Force Barrier anymore, it was changed to Shower of Rocks.
- Heretics throw hammers. :D
Sonicbdwa
Sasquatch
64 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
For soul of wrath (the void), from what I have heard, block is the key. But the set no longer provides max block ... :roll:
Purify for the main fight is not needed (just saying).

And for baal, in my opinion it is better to let him stay in the middle. Mainly because you can escape, spam thunderstone before he teleports to you (or teleport to him and spam thunderstone), lure him away when he summon his visions.
I edited your image a little to somewhat demonstrate the spot :p
► Show Spoiler

PS: nice guide :D detailed too.
Engersion
Sasquatch
65 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Jampula wrote:I wonder how you do not consider Duriel a threat? His Fortress is a pain for any caster, especially if you are new.

Mostly because he's so slow in Median compared to his original version and Fortress by itself is pretty telegraphed. Especially when he doesn't have holy freeze anymore. And with how durable Ice Elementals are, it is very likely fortress will be busy with them instead of with me. Another part is how frail he is compared to the original

Jampula wrote:Hephasto doesn't use Force Barrier anymore, it was changed to Shower of Rocks.

Corrected. I was under the impression that he uses both.

Sonicbdwa wrote:The Void

I won't have time to check it this week. Probably will have to leave it in the past if the two sections you mentioned get changed in the coming patch. Otherwise I'll go check them out later next week.

Sonicbdwa wrote:And for baal, in my opinion it is better to let him stay in the middle.

Can you go through how this method works with his ice wave? Do you just take his Ice wave until he summons something or do you just go within melee range so he doesn't use his ice wave as often? My method was designed around dodging his ice wave so it limits the chance of him summoning anything. Or do you mean there is a way you can Thunderstone him from the sides? I won't have my computer this week so I can't test them out myself yet.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Engersion wrote:
Jampula wrote:I wonder how you do not consider Duriel a threat? His Fortress is a pain for any caster, especially if you are new.

Mostly because he's so slow in Median compared to his original version and Fortress by itself is pretty telegraphed. Especially when he doesn't have holy freeze anymore. And with how durable Ice Elementals are, it is very likely fortress will be busy with them instead of with me. Another part is how frail he is compared to the original

True, but Fortress spawns to your back and Idol of Scosglen pierces minions and makes him pretty sturdy (of course not the case with this build).
I just have always feared Duriel the most in early game if playing HC so that comment kinda stuck out, Mephisto, Diablo and Baal can be handled with just dodging the most dangerious stuff but with Duriel you are stuck in a small room and using TP is a must from time to time. Luckily it's not level-locked.

Not critizing, just wondering if I'm the only one that keeps Duriel the biggest threat of Act bosses in early game.
Sonicbdwa
Sasquatch
64 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Engersion wrote:
Sonicbdwa wrote:And for baal, in my opinion it is better to let him stay in the middle.

Can you go through how this method works with his ice wave? Do you just take his Ice wave until he summons something or do you just go within melee range so he doesn't use his ice wave as often? My method was designed around dodging his ice wave so it limits the chance of him summoning anything. Or do you mean there is a way you can Thunderstone him from the sides? I won't have my computer this week so I can't test them out myself yet.

Most of the time, it is "Defile" (his skill (from the docs)) that kills me. So I can either face tank him (even if he teleports away) as long as there is no "Defile" under my sorc :mrgreen:
Isn't it random on the vision summoning?
Sadly, thunderstone him from two sides is too good to be true :roll: