SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wulf wrote:
Philby wrote:Ok so this is the part I don't get. As I said, I've never played phys dmg based chars, I know there is a particular way to workaround the max 200% ED(EWD?) issue... but I need some translation here :
"What do I MO my gear with?
Weapons: inti/aban bless+luck first → %ed to 196 → ewd → ds → max (In doubt, use a dmg calculator)."

What means : "%ed to 196"? 196 what? And I get even more confused with after cliking on this. https://i.imgur.com/WRRWBuU.png
Also what mean "max" at the end of the sequence ?

Again, I'm sure it totally makes sense for players used to play with phys weapons, but I'm really diving into it for the first time.

Thanks !

ed and ewd are two different affixes.

ed multiplies the base dmg of the weapon and it caps at 200.

ewd is a stat that multiplies your total dmg (weapon, min dmg, max dmg), it acts as and is additive to dex (no cap).

if your bow has 198ed on it, it means adding a ed MO on it would only give you 2ed instead of 15 (because it caps at 200). meaning that the dmg that you'd get from that MO would be lower than a simple +6max dmg MO. I calculated how much dmg each 1ed gave and figured that 5ed was better than 6max dmg, but not 4ed. that's why I recommend to stop at 196ed.

Ok it's perfectly clear now. Thanks
WARBANDIT30
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Hi im not an amazon player but i want to refill my arrow quiver how do i do this ? (Also sorry for stupid question cant find a thread that answers me)
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
WARBANDIT30 wrote:Hi im not an amazon player but i want to refill my arrow quiver how do i do this ? (Also sorry for stupid question cant find a thread that answers me)

I don't think you can :P

Casting bow skills will not deplete your quiver, they only lose charges if you shoot with normal attacks.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
My magic life steal quiver is sitting at 145 arrows. So basically every time I enter a game it says ´low ammunition’.

So Wulf, if I did read properly, the best bow in the entire game would be a near perfect min-max 200 ed craft with good mods alongside it ? Icebreaker does an amazing job.
smitespecced
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi, perhaps a stupid question, but I was lucky enough to grab an auhe from my hellforge. Is stardust competitive with a good craft? I know its better than the TU, but is that good enough for farming duncraig/teganze/fauzt/toraja if i'd prefer to save the shrines for another character?
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
smitespecced wrote:Hi, perhaps a stupid question, but I was lucky enough to grab an auhe from my hellforge. Is stardust competitive with a good craft? I know its better than the TU, but is that good enough for farming duncraig/teganze/fauzt/toraja if i'd prefer to save the shrines for another character?

No, that's an elemental bow. Tu4 would still be better. You would not be able to leech to survive with it.
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Noticed you have the blust shield on swap, i think it's better off using just a 2 skill (ber rw) for prebuff since that blust is a lower damage proc and if you get it over the koth your damage goes down. Could be wrong as this was tested years ago.

If you check sheet after prebuff then it's irrelevant since you can just re prebuff if you got the lower value one anyway.

PS. secondary question, last i played bowa was 9 months ago and it was still pretty bad even after changes (bad in the sense of speed farming p5-p8 content solo and uber dps was very bad in comparison to other builds. So since then what has changed that it's better now (some of the patch notes wont load for whatever reason).
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Controlledanger wrote:Noticed you have the blust shield on swap, i think it's better off using just a 2 skill (ber rw) for prebuff since that blust is a lower damage proc and if you get it over the koth your damage goes down. Could be wrong as this was tested years ago.

If you check sheet after prebuff then it's irrelevant since you can just re prebuff if you got the lower value one anyway.

PS. secondary question, last i played bowa was 9 months ago and it was still pretty bad even after changes (bad in the sense of speed farming p5-p8 content solo and uber dps was very bad in comparison to other builds. So since then what has changed that it's better now (some of the patch notes wont load for whatever reason).

Haven't tested p5-p8. I can do fauzt in 5 min and dunc in 4. Uber dps is great. Phalanx is very strong at fcr breakpoints, barrage is as well with raw dmg. Rapid wyrm on askarbydd is also very great for Ubers. Not sure what has changed but the build is good at everything and doesn't falter in anything but lack of defense until you have high hp.

Ubers you struggle on are the given ones where only your defense matters. Kos, laz, void, witch etc. Spirit of guyua is our hardest Uber other than those.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Johnny Impak wrote:My magic life steal quiver is sitting at 145 arrows. So basically every time I enter a game it says ´low ammunition’.

So Wulf, if I did read properly, the best bow in the entire game would be a near perfect min-max 200 ed craft with good mods alongside it ? Icebreaker does an amazing job.

Best dmg bow in the game would be a luckied, double aban (24%dex) craft with 200ed/120min/320max/arrow or knife proc. That would massacre ice breaker's dmg. Could also put 6 Taha or 6 Xis runes in it if you had a mind to it.

Alternatively, you could get something cute like 2 inti shrine bonuses (100ed, 8ds) with 120min+60ed/320max/proc/another prefix like 15%ls or 60mf or 50ias, but you'd have to use a handful of ed MO's.
Controlledanger wrote:Noticed you have the blust shield on swap, i think it's better off using just a 2 skill (ber rw) for prebuff since that blust is a lower damage proc and if you get it over the koth your damage goes down. Could be wrong as this was tested years ago.

The bl shield on swap isn't for the on-kill proc, its for the +15% dmg to bloodlust (that applied to both your innate and tu4 mace bloodlust for a total of 30ewd).

Cant answer your 2nd question as ive never farmed anything that wasnt p1 content.
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Acry wrote:

Haven't tested p5-p8. I can do fauzt in 5 min and dunc in 4. Uber dps is great. Phalanx is very strong at fcr breakpoints, barrage is as well with raw dmg. Rapid wyrm on askarbydd is also very great for Ubers. Not sure what has changed but the build is good at everything and doesn't falter in anything but lack of defense until you have high hp.

Ubers you struggle on are the given ones where only your defense matters. Kos, laz, void, witch etc. Spirit of guyua is our hardest Uber other than those.

If your saying uber dps is great something definitely changed, as it wasn't terrible before, it just was no where near the competition of other builds for far cheaper. I'll give it a go, have probably 2k hours in bow pre sigma and ive been waiting for it to be a bit more relevant again.

Wulf wrote:Cant answer your 2nd question as ive never farmed anything that wasnt p1 content.

Right i understand that, but i'm saying it will overwrite the koth's BL of a higher level (which scales the bl dmg as its higher level).