SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Mozydown wrote:
Wulf wrote:
Mozydown wrote:
Wulf wrote:
Mozydown wrote:Thanks for the advice and insight! I didn't know about the HP% thing but now i do that's good to know!

check my edit, i added more info

Ahhh I just checked out your edit. Yeah I'm trying to figure out how much EWD I will have when everything settles. My EWD isn't high unless I consider to wear my royal circlet for the 90 EWD against demons. I also looked at the patch notes thing you referred to earlier, I currently have 65% phys. resist, do I still go for the physical enchant for the belt? And how much elemental resist should I have end game (remember reading somewhere someone said 240% in case of elemental pierce/shred).

stacked resist are only needed in T11+ labs. if your pr is already capped, you can go for cold or light resist enchant.

Is there no use for magic resist?

not really. magic res is useful for laz (vs totem tremors) but it doesnt have much use for the vast majority of mxl.
Mozydown
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Wulf wrote:
Mozydown wrote:
Wulf wrote:
Mozydown wrote:
Wulf wrote:
Mozydown wrote:Thanks for the advice and insight! I didn't know about the HP% thing but now i do that's good to know!

check my edit, i added more info

Ahhh I just checked out your edit. Yeah I'm trying to figure out how much EWD I will have when everything settles. My EWD isn't high unless I consider to wear my royal circlet for the 90 EWD against demons. I also looked at the patch notes thing you referred to earlier, I currently have 65% phys. resist, do I still go for the physical enchant for the belt? And how much elemental resist should I have end game (remember reading somewhere someone said 240% in case of elemental pierce/shred).

stacked resist are only needed in T11+ labs. if your pr is already capped, you can go for cold or light resist enchant.

Is there no use for magic resist?

not really. magic res is useful for laz (vs totem tremors) but it doesnt have much use for the vast majority of mxl.

Ahhh! Thanks again for the insight!
ee_wklaa
Cog
246 | 0
Should i use Path of Brutality Occult Effigy or Marksman's eye (UMO) on Dyers Eve Amu(+2skill) ?
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ee_wklaa wrote:Should i use Path of Brutality Occult Effigy or Marksman's eye (UMO) on Dyers Eve Amu(+2skill) ?

Imo it's better to wait for
Lamen of the Archbishop
Lamen of the Archbishop
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 120
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+4 to All Skills
drop or buy it, pray to RNG for succesfull lucky +1 skill from oil and then use both of them on it
maracakabob
Imp
5 | 1
First off, wicked guide. I started playing MXL two weeks ago after a 15-year hiatus from D2. You've been a huge help getting me back into a game that I love, with a twist. Thank you.

Regarding gear, you never mention the
Askarbydd
Askarbydd
Reflex Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (230 - 311) to (330 - 455)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
50% Attack Speed
Adds (70 to 110)-(150 to 230) Damage
15% Life stolen per Hit
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(1 to 10) to Rapid Wyrmshot
Maximum Poison Resist +2%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
Requirements +50%
Socketed (6)
reflex bow; I stumbled on it by chance in TA and was surprised at it's absence from the guide. I never really liked how regular Wyrmshot ("rW") felt, but Rapid Wyrmshot ("RW") (https://median-xl.fandom.com/wiki/Rapid_Wyrmshot) feels ****in' awesome. It's like using a buzz saw.

I've run done some comparison runs and have hypothesized that a mid-tier drop Askarbydd (doing ~4k RW dmg) cuts through Dunc, TA, and K3K at roughly the same speed (if not slightly faster) than a mid-tier crafted Reflex Bow (doing ~6k rW dmg). I'm wondering whether I should be rolling reflex bows or scouring Dunc for higher Askarbydd rolls.

TLDR; what are your thoughts on Askarbydd?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
ee_wklaa wrote:Should i use Path of Brutality Occult Effigy or Marksman's eye (UMO) on Dyers Eve Amu(+2skill) ?

you can do both. 6-9ds is way better than a single marksmen UMO. and the leftover space you can use for marksmen.

maracakabob wrote:First off, wicked guide. I started playing MXL two weeks ago after a 15-year hiatus from D2. You've been a huge help getting me back into a game that I love, with a twist. Thank you.

Askarbydd
Askarbydd
Reflex Bow (Sacred)

(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity:
50% Attack Speed
15% Life stolen per Hit
Requirements +50%
Socketed (6)
reflex bow; I stumbled on it by chance in TA and was surprised at it's absence from the guide. I never really liked how regular Wyrmshot ("rW") felt, but Rapid Wyrmshot ("RW") (https://median-xl.fandom.com/wiki/Rapid_Wyrmshot) feels ****in' awesome. It's like using a buzz saw.

I've run done some comparison runs and have hypothesized that a mid-tier drop Askarbydd (doing ~4k RW dmg) cuts through Dunc, TA, and K3K at roughly the same speed (if not slightly faster) than a mid-tier crafted Reflex Bow (doing ~6k rW dmg). I'm wondering whether I should be rolling reflex bows or scouring Dunc for higher Askarbydd rolls.

ty for the kind words :)

the reason there is no mention of askarbydd in the guide is because regular wyrmshot is better for farming (18 targets instead of 2), and phalanx has higher dmg output against bosses. another thing is rapid wyrmshot is very mana intensive to the point where you will not be able to spam it even with mana leech and mana regen MOs.

if you love playing with the bow, go right ahead though. i always recommend trying out things for yourself. the guide is just a path through the forest that i present; you may however choose your own itinerary :P
ee_wklaa
Cog
246 | 0
Thank you for the reply ^^
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
askarbydd is still great for situations such as xazax, belial. it helped me get their charms on my ssf bowa :)
maracakabob
Imp
5 | 1
Wulf wrote:

you can do both. 6-9ds is way better than a single marksmen UMO. and the leftover space you can use for marksmen.

maracakabob wrote:First off, wicked guide. I started playing MXL two weeks ago after a 15-year hiatus from D2. You've been a huge help getting me back into a game that I love, with a twist. Thank you.

Askarbydd
Askarbydd
Reflex Bow (Sacred)

(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity:
50% Attack Speed
15% Life stolen per Hit
Requirements +50%
Socketed (6)

ty for the kind words :)

the reason there is no mention of askarbydd in the guide is because regular wyrmshot is better for farming (18 targets instead of 2), and phalanx has higher dmg output against bosses. another thing is rapid wyrmshot is very mana intensive to the point where you will not be able to spam it even with mana leech and mana regen MOs.

if you love playing with the bow, go right ahead though. i always recommend trying out things for yourself. the guide is just a path through the forest that i present; you may however choose your own itinerary :P

no doubt! that definitely helps, i've been going back and forth as to whether the 18 targets outperforms the 13 attacks a second.

out of curiosity, how much dmg do you think someone at lvl 130 should be doing with your build?

thanks again homie [i like to use the 'namaste hands' emoji to say thx but the forum won't let me... just try to envision them being here i guess, lol]
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
maracakabob wrote:out of curiosity, how much dmg do you think someone at lvl 130 should be doing with your build?

At lvl 135 for uldy fight, my budget zon had 7k wyrm and 14k phalanx (50 pr, 117fcr). Lategame wyrmshot will reach around 10-12k dmg.