SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tranvanhieu wrote:Do you ever consider crafting a good Crossbow in situation you need to spam Phalanx? Reflex Bow base damage is 67 to 75, while Heavy Crossbow is 91 to 101, quite insane. Crossbow is slow, but Phalanx has the same attack speed on every weapons as far as I can see, so for this skill, Crossbow can work better.

I personally always get an Xbow to to spam phalanx against some bosses. You need 614 Strength, though, so it's can be done in mid game.

and you end up losing hundreds of ewd from dexterity by going to a str-based weapon. not worth in most cases. phalanx is already quite strong with a reflex bow + extra bonuses of it being a dex-based weapon
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
tranvanhieu wrote:Do you ever consider crafting a good Crossbow in situation you need to spam Phalanx? Reflex Bow base damage is 67 to 75, while Heavy Crossbow is 91 to 101, quite insane. Crossbow is slow, but Phalanx has the same attack speed on every weapons as far as I can see, so for this skill, Crossbow can work better.

I personally always get an Xbow to to spam phalanx against some bosses. You need 614 Strength, though, so it's can be done in mid game.

Crash wrote:

and you end up losing hundreds of ewd from dexterity by going to a str-based weapon. not worth in most cases. phalanx is already quite strong with a reflex bow + extra bonuses of it being a dex-based weapon

Yes, xbows str scaling is 0.18 instead of Reflex's 0.25.

You'd also have attack rating problems. Going full dex gives you plenty of AR against most bosses (above 85% hit chance). Crossbows however you'd have under 40% chance. They're only really used for farming when you get the "ignore target defense" affix, which doesn't work on bosses.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Excuse me but... what means "1OS". At first I thought it was a misspelled SO for socket, but it doesn't seem SO...
"As soon as you hit lvl 65, equip Siegfried ("Jah" in 1os Einherjar). Gamble → Renewal → Jewel."

And while I'm at it, I suppose the best armor bases are the one with the higher number of sockets and the lowest lvl req, to get max MO space ?
Thanks !
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Philby wrote:Excuse me but... what means "1OS". At first I thought it was a misspelled SO for socket, but it doesn't seem SO...
"As soon as you hit lvl 65, equip Siegfried ("Jah" in 1os Einherjar). Gamble → Renewal → Jewel."

And while I'm at it, I suppose the best armor bases are the one with the higher number of sockets and the lowest lvl req, to get max MO space ?
Thanks !

1os stands for 1 open socket (I added it to my abbreviation list, apologies). Early game, the amount of sockets isn't important because you're on temporary gear and high tier items have higher str requirements. Thats bad for you, you want to use ALL your attr points into dex for more dmg. Some items (like Einherjar helm) require no str to wear, so thats fine to use a Tier 4 base as soon as you get one.

Tier 4 and Sacred bases can roll with the max number of sockets on them (and 4 potion slots for T4 belts). However, MO's (mystic orbs) aren't tied at all to sockets or tiers for that matter. They're vendor upgrades you can buy that give you stats at the cost of increasing the item's level requirement by 4.

You can only put 5 MO's of each type into an item. So for instance, if I tell you to MO: @res, dex and str, you'll only able to put in 5 all resist MO's, 5 dex MO's and 5 str MO's (that's a total of +60 increased level). So if your base item is level 21, it's now required lvl 81. You can MO any item in the game so long as you have gold and level space. But I dont recommend doing that before you are lvl 105 because gold is very scarce, only do it if I mention it.

There are a couple of times in the guide where I tell you to MO an item to your level. For a specific example, let's say you are lvl 121 and have a level 58 item (not item level, required level**). That means you can only put in 15 MO's. A 16th will bring its level requirement to lvl 122, meaning you won't be able to wear it and you'll be fucked :P
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wulf wrote:
Philby wrote:Excuse me but... what means "1OS". At first I thought it was a misspelled SO for socket, but it doesn't seem SO...

Thanks !

1os stands for 1 open socket (I added it to my abbreviation list, apologies). Early game, the amount of sockets isn't important because you're on temporary gear and high tier items have higher str requirements. Thats bad for you, you want to use ALL your attr points into dex for more dmg. Some items (like Einherjar helm) require no str to wear, so thats fine to use a Tier 4 base as soon as you get one.

Tier 4 and Sacred bases can roll with the max number of sockets on them (and 4 potion slots for T4 belts). However, MO's (mystic orbs) aren't tied at all to sockets or tiers for that matter. They're vendor upgrades you can buy that give you stats at the cost of increasing the item's level requirement by 4.

You can only put 5 MO's of each type into an item. So for instance, if I tell you to MO: @res, dex and str, you'll only able to put in 5 all resist MO's, 5 dex MO's and 5 str MO's (that's a total of +60 increased level). So if your base item is level 21, it's now required lvl 81. You can MO any item in the game so long as you have gold and level space. But I dont recommend doing that before you are lvl 105 because gold is very scarce, only do it if I mention it.

There are a couple of times in the guide where I tell you to MO an item to your level. For a specific example, let's say you are lvl 121 and have a level 58 item (not item level, required level**). That means you can only put in 15 MO's. A 16th will bring its level requirement to lvl 122, meaning you won't be able to wear it and you'll be fucked :P

Thanks for the extended answer. This make things clear on the armor side, before I figure out how to properly craft a bow and get the best possible damage%. This is my first build that relies on phys damage... But I've seen it's perfectly explained in the guide.
Thanks again for this amazing work, can't wait to try the bad guys.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I’m trying this build right now, just finished my items as they sre stated for lvl 105. It is not my first bowzon, my last one is dating from pre-sigma.

I’m skeptical about some mo choices, like having ewd before ds on bow or investing in strength on honorifics. I didn’t put that much max damage too. I would have done so many things differently.

I decided to go exactly as stated, just to see how it goes. Perhaps I’ll learn a thing or two on this. Everything is nicely written and is definitely worth reading. I’ll ask for questions if I have any.
cletyan
Bone Archer
72 | 0
since my bowazon focus on ED and EWD rather IED ,it is better to use UMO
Marksman's Eye
Marksman's Eye
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
5% Attack Speed
+3 to Minimum Damage
10% Bonus to Attack Rating
2% to Dexterity
+10 Required Level
Explorer's Globe
Explorer's Globe
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
-5 to all Attributes
2% to All Attributes
+10 Required Level
or other UMO on your quiver rather elemental ire or ire still the good one thanks.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Another super noob question here :
I've read in the Items update part that if you want to use Wolf stance, you have to hold right click. Err.. I shot with right click, I guess it's because I usually play caster.
How do you guys do ? Arrows on left click, shift+click to spam ? Point click feels really bad, you walk two steps between each monster, so I guess shift+LMB is the way to go... ? I feel comfortable with RMB to shot but maybe it's still time to change if it cripples my endgame play...
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:I’m trying this build right now, just finished my items as they sre stated for lvl 105. It is not my first bowzon, my last one is dating from pre-sigma.

I’m skeptical about some mo choices, like having ewd before ds on bow or investing in strength on honorifics. I didn’t put that much max damage too. I would have done so many things differently.

I decided to go exactly as stated, just to see how it goes. Perhaps I’ll learn a thing or two on this. Everything is nicely written and is definitely worth reading. I’ll ask for questions if I have any.

It works extremely well - I was competing for 1st highest lvl amazon first day, and ended up #1 by end of the day following this guide step by step vs much more experienced players. The way the honorifics are MO'd will last you until you basically replace them in mid game in hell farming maybe k3k or dunc. The str is for any pieces of gear you may land on that require it between that. They're that good.
LeOsTyLe
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Philby wrote:Another super noob question here :
I've read in the Items update part that if you want to use Wolf stance, you have to hold right click. Err.. I shot with right click, I guess it's because I usually play caster.
How do you guys do ? Arrows on left click, shift+click to spam ? Point click feels really bad, you walk two steps between each monster, so I guess shift+LMB is the way to go... ? I feel comfortable with RMB to shot but maybe it's still time to change if it cripples my endgame play...

I had similar problems like you and i switched back to right click and left click only move. Its more comfortable, less stressful for me and i die less often with it. I bought a Auriel's Robe, so i got auto Wolf Stance, its "only" Level 10 Wolfstance, so you lose like 150 Enhanced Weapon Damage, but you can wear better gloves/belt as the two set pieces you need for the Wolfstance oskill, so you lose lesser dmg than the 150 EWD. I wear Hammerfist gloves and Lilith (farming) or endless loop (boss or when i dont need mf) belt.