SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
kirito220993
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
adiabloplayer wrote:With the new version, we will be able to use wolf stance with phalanx! Not really a big change since you want better gear for bosses but still.

Really, we can use wolf stance with phalanx huh. suond good!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
kij wrote:So I crafted this bow which I believe is pretty good based on the examples provided in the guide. Since it gives me 50% attack speed, should I look to replace Scarab amulet for something else, replace another piece of gear or just keep everything as is (follow items suggested in the guide).

The scarab is part for the ias but mostly for the fcr to reach the 117fcr breakpoint. Phalanx is mandatory for most uber quests. But it means you don't need to worry abpout ias on your other gear pieces like helm/gloves.
Neopx
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hi!

I have some questions (Some ones are noobs)

- How do you know when a item is su, ssu?
- I found hammerfist and geleb's greed. Should I use one of them instead of honorific?
- Im using zerae's refinement and zerae's redemption. But found Royal Circlet, what should I do?
- I have doubts on my Chest (zerae's redemption). Should I craft something better or farm another chest?
- I found 1 giant knuckle... latter I need to change my ripstars for 2 giant knuckles?

Actually i'm lvl 128 clearing very fast Duncraig.

And this is my weap.

Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Neopx wrote:...

- How do you know when a item is su, ssu?
from the docs. sus are item lvl 105, ssu 120 and sssu 130. (item level, not level required)

- I found hammerfist and geleb's greed. Should I use one of them instead of honorific?
only if you have enough strength from your charms alone to to wield them. it isnt worth it to spend 200-300 hard attribute points to wear them. youll lose more dmg than you gain.

- Im using zerae's refinement and zerae's redemption. But found Royal Circlet, what should I do?
use royal circlet. the 2p set effect is irrelevant. keep your zerae chest until you find a better one, but royal circlet is way better than zerea helm

- I have doubts on my Chest (zerae's redemption). Should I craft something better or farm another chest?
you cant farm for a specific piece in median. either it drops or it doesnt. in the meanwhile, yes, an abandonned craft is well worth rolling for. aim for 2 affix (aa% or dex% excluding the aban bonuses, and 50-60mf)

- I found 1 giant knuckle... latter I need to change my ripstars for 2 giant knuckles?
they do less dmg than ripstars, but give you pr, ias and leech, so yes they are better overall. i highly recommend using them over ripstars. only opt for ripstars when you absolutely do not need the pr
Neopx
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Thanks!
I'm very gretful with your guide, very fun to play and very clear all the steps! ty!

I'm playing SSF, what will happen with the new update? I need to update or just stay in 1.6
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Neopx wrote:Thanks!
I'm very gretful with your guide, very fun to play and very clear all the steps! ty!

I'm playing SSF, what will happen with the new update? I need to update or just stay in 1.6

youre very welcome :)

we dont know yet.
but i think 99% of the build remains unchanged. what im hearing is that zakarum set 2p will be gutted (wolf stance oskill changed), so it isnt as good for grinding. but beyond that probably unchanged. you NEED to update to 1.7 anyways to play, cant stay in 1.6 :P ill update the guide the day patch is released.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Patch 1.7 changes to Bowzon:

* all ewd (gear) and dex scaling (weapons) were reduced by 40-50%, but monster hp and leech penalty got reduced to compensate. No change.

* Ecstatic frenzy no longer gives 40ms -> No change to guide; still ditch leftover points here.

* Zakarum set gutted: now requires 3 piece instead of 2, and is an auto-equipped aura like Auriel's Robe. This means its ewd no longer scales up with +all skills (new version: flat 185ewd instead of old 400ewd). I removed the set from my suggested item list.
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RIP the set that I said I'd only ever use if it wasnt held on the mouse button. Didn't even get to try it while it was amazing. :(
Would 100% opt for Auriels everytime now.
AugustXL
Destroyer
7 | 1
Merc changes affect somehow something?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
AugustXL wrote:Merc changes affect somehow something?

abjurer now has 3/3 nukes instead of 1/3. it should be miles better at clearing fauzt

necrolyte also now has 2 debuffs (force blast and miasma), meaning you can potentially use that for hard content to peel for you (perhaps high labs?). will test in the future.