SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
macbr wrote:I followed the Milestones and haven't really had too much issue. Mid-NM was hardest, Act 2 mobs just are not bowzon friendly. Once I made the switch to honorifics and got level 90 for paragon, it's been smooth. Can farm K3K with Reflex TU 4.

I twinked the 105/110 charms but have killed them all with my zon since. This being my 3rd 100+ I didn't feel like doing it the hard way. The rest of my gear was self found/farmed.

Only downsides:
No more easy magic items. Makes getting a quiver hard. I still havent found a rare arrow quiver to craft on. Makes life leech hard to come by until you have charms.
Some of the RW's changed. Vex + Nef for helmet now.
IMO use a shapeshifter merc. It's very worth it and makes life a lot easier.

New talent tree I'm still unsure of where to spend my last like ~30pts. Level 1 trinity arrow still shreds so not sure how much I want to invest. Might get Tenacity/Endurance. Maybe some D harmony? Fortitude seems nice but then I'd have to press my run button more.

can you craft a quiver ? did not know that

personally i went to max stamina, 6 to wild and free and the rest into defensive harmony, I believe it acts like dr/mdr which seems quite nice vs all thoses multi hitting attacks
Mozydown
Prowler
17 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
It does seem phalanx is either bugged or fixed. The damage is far below what it was in sigma. I'm 125 and it's impossible to do judgement or xayaz when both were super easy. I remember doing both content with super similar gear, if anything a slightly better bow :(
macbr
Skeleton
3 | 0
PizzaGater wrote:
macbr wrote:I followed the Milestones and haven't really had too much issue. Mid-NM was hardest, Act 2 mobs just are not bowzon friendly. Once I made the switch to honorifics and got level 90 for paragon, it's been smooth. Can farm K3K with Reflex TU 4.

I twinked the 105/110 charms but have killed them all with my zon since. This being my 3rd 100+ I didn't feel like doing it the hard way. The rest of my gear was self found/farmed.

Only downsides:
No more easy magic items. Makes getting a quiver hard. I still havent found a rare arrow quiver to craft on. Makes life leech hard to come by until you have charms.
Some of the RW's changed. Vex + Nef for helmet now.
IMO use a shapeshifter merc. It's very worth it and makes life a lot easier.

New talent tree I'm still unsure of where to spend my last like ~30pts. Level 1 trinity arrow still shreds so not sure how much I want to invest. Might get Tenacity/Endurance. Maybe some D harmony? Fortitude seems nice but then I'd have to press my run button more.

can you craft a quiver ? did not know that

personally i went to max stamina, 6 to wild and free and the rest into defensive harmony, I believe it acts like dr/mdr which seems quite nice vs all thoses multi hitting attacks

I assumed you could augment them at least. I just want more than a single prop on my quiver.

Mozydown wrote:It does seem phalanx is either bugged or fixed. The damage is far below what it was in sigma. I'm 125 and it's impossible to do judgement or xayaz when both were super easy. I remember doing both content with super similar gear, if anything a slightly better bow :(

Phalanx damage is very weird. At times it absolutely shreds and others it literally doesn't do damage.
macbr
Skeleton
3 | 0
Is Elemental Command worth the points? I don't understand what innate elemental damage is. Would that scale trinity?
g000dn
Fallen
1 | 0
This guide needs an overhaul now that Phalanx can't be spammed constantly
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
I am also wondering if thoses 16 pts in phalanx wouldn't be better spent somewhere else

any news coming from you Wulf ? what do you suggest, respec to java or something else ? :mrgreen:
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Valaraukar wrote:nope it doesnt "on kill" means on kill with a weapon, for spells to chain it would need the wording "on death blow"

Yes that's how it is in Median - but personally I think they got the wording the wrong way round in the mod.

Dealing "a blow" is a physical thing in the real world, whereas "on kill"... well things die for all sorts of reasons, so I'd would've called a kill from a melee attack a "death blow" and a death from any attack "on kill".
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
PizzaGater wrote:I am also wondering if thoses 16 pts in phalanx wouldn't be better spent somewhere else

any news coming from you Wulf ? what do you suggest, respec to java or something else ? :mrgreen:

You need 10 points now to remove the cd.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
PizzaGater wrote:I am also wondering if thoses 16 pts in phalanx wouldn't be better spent somewhere else

busy on other projects for now. no plans to update guide so far.
astroasko
Djinn
537 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Phalanx is dead. I found Rapid Wyrmshot to be effective replacement for boss killing, but you need the SU Reflex bow and different approach. Also Rebel runeword is an easy BiS till them SSU armors.

Overall bow Amazon is not a good character to develop if you want high endgame. Only good for Dunc and Tagenze speed farm.
Edited by astroasko 2 years.