SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
DiabloDwarf
Rust Claw
86 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Barrage kills multiple monsters simultaneously no matter what area I'm in without aiming, and Trinity Arrow has to be aimed, and I'm usually a bit too panicked to really aim much.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
DiabloDwarf wrote:Barrage kills multiple monsters simultaneously no matter what area I'm in without aiming, and Trinity Arrow has to be aimed, and I'm usually a bit too panicked to really aim much.

Did you read what he wrote? Trinity arrow is a synergy to wyrmshot.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
DiabloDwarf wrote:Barrage kills multiple monsters simultaneously no matter what area I'm in without aiming, and Trinity Arrow has to be aimed, and I'm usually a bit too panicked to really aim much.

trinity isnt used at all. it is maxed to buff wyrmshot.

HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
great guide wulf, had some questions.

so you're basically walking around with no defense since you're using ecstatic frenzy? how does that work exactly, just relying on elemental resists?

also, for peeps that are asking questions about crafting a bow, here is one i crafted this weekend, took about 30-35 full stacks. before MO it had 197% ED and 294 MD, i rerolled anything that was below 250 MD

HeaT_
DiabloDwarf
Rust Claw
86 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Here is the notarmory for MajorCarter, this season's zon. Through Act 3 plus a couple of Meph runs to get the heavy boots/chain gloves/skull cap. Only have the skull cap so far. Feel free to pick it apart, constructive criticism will help. https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=MajorCarter
LukeBBA
Destroyer
7 | 0
cnlnjzfjb wrote:I tried bowzon this patch, and I felt no smooth in Fauzt. Maybe there is sth I did wrong? Need some advice.
I think I have pretty enough gear for farming, but still can't kill robots in Fauz. I need 7-8 Wyrmshots to kill a robot! And that feels really terrible and makes it not behave in Fauz at all! Btw, with rapid Wyrmshots, I couldn't even do tier 6 lab! The damage feels so low. Is there some change in 1.7 for bowzon or just my fault?
how you get that much elemental damage on arrows? mine 25-50 each lol
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
HeaT_ wrote:so you're basically walking around with no defense since you're using ecstatic frenzy? how does that work exactly, just relying on elemental resists?

pretty much. you need to rely on your movement and kiting to avoid getting hit by physical things. its not all bad though. lategame youll have around 18k hp and 50 phys res. its still nothing compared to blick or high defense, but it isnt as if we cant take a hit at all.

elemental things, block and defense wouldnt help anyways so no change there.

LukeBBA wrote:how you get that much elemental damage on arrows? mine 25-50 each lol

Elemental Ire
Elemental Ire
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with a Quiver to Add Bonus
Adds 40-60 Fire Damage
Adds 40-60 Lightning Damage
+10 Required Level
effigy
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
i'll have to try ecstatic frenzy, cause as of right now, wyrmshot feels like absolute trash against trash mobs with the bow i linked and some decent gear. not sure if things changed since the patch you ran this cause i viewed a few of your vids and your wyrmshot is doing nice damage. your character could also be way more optimized, i'm definitely not close to min/maxing.

HeaT_
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
HeaT_ wrote:i'll have to try ecstatic frenzy, cause as of right now, wyrmshot feels like absolute trash against trash mobs with the bow i linked and some decent gear. not sure if things changed since the patch you ran this cause i viewed a few of your vids and your wyrmshot is doing nice damage. your character could also be way more optimized, i'm definitely not close to min/maxing.

HeaT_

its probably exactly that. ive played so much bowzon that i know mostly what not to do that I see a lot of people doing, eventhough theyre following the guide.

for instance, rerolling old charms for perfect rolls, not spending attr points into str, not using sacred uniques without having 450str from charms alone, grabbing 400sigs before progressing into 120 ubers, not leaving phalanx at 1 point.

i think literally all the questions im getting would be resolved if people just did what i just mentioned >< but some omit these important steps, then they invariably hit a wall at lvl 120-125 and ask me for advice. i end up just telling them to follow whats already in the guide they chose to ignore hahaha

doing well on ssf bowzon isnt about being good or being geared, but its about progressing slowly without skipping steps. and often times people think theyll just kill everything because they bought ssu's and umo's. 90% of the character's power is in the charms and the base 1110 attribute points.
Edited by Wulf 3 years.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
it's interesting because i opted to play a bowazon, got pretty far then it felt really underwhelming in terms of dps, so i decided to see what other people were running for the build and found this thread.

that being said, the first build i played was a necro crossbow build and that is like night and day when compared to bowazon in terms of easy of play. for example, i was crushing fauztinville pretty much without trying, while as the bowazon it's a struggle.

i'm still new to the game, only my second season of play, so i'm learning some of the nuances, so i cant tell if it's balancing or what. but anyhow, i appreciate the guide, nice to look at a different perspective.

HeaT_