SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Longstaff
Vampiress
36 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I just wanted to say thanks! This is a great guide - Im still lost and confused, but at least now I know why lol :-)
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Quickling wrote:Wow, I had to look through 27 pages to finally realize that when you say "5% pierce charm" that you meant the -5 to enemy elemental resistances. I've been trying to get a charm that said 5% chance to pierce enemies or something like that.

Other than that confusion I love the guide. Excellent work!!

By the way, I was wondering why we need elemental pierce at all? I don't have the game here bur iirc there's only one attack skill that converts phys damage to ele dmg. Do we need to reach a particular breakpoint?
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Bowzon tends to have procs here and there that deal elemental. Oh, and added flat ele. More pierce = more damage.
Longstaff
Vampiress
36 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Oh hey, I did have a question! Regarding this piece, which shrine(s) type should I be using?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the answer in your instructions ... soz just missed it in my first read ... cheers :-)
Edited by Longstaff 3 years.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
fuppy wrote:Bowzon tends to have procs here and there that deal elemental. Oh, and added flat ele. More pierce = more damage.

Just for your information, those proc's are useless. Low skill, no spell dmg etc.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Philby wrote:By the way, I was wondering why we need elemental pierce at all? I don't have the game here bur iirc there's only one attack skill that converts phys damage to ele dmg. Do we need to reach a particular breakpoint?

It's for those 2 convert atks (barrage and trinity). You won't use them as often as wyrm/phalanx, but you'll use them for sure. Like Jampula said, all elemental dmg procs are super useless. Even the high level flamestrike from
Ice Breaker (Xis)
barely does any dmg (worse than a single arrow).

Longstaff wrote:Oh hey, I did have a question! Regarding this piece, which shrine(s) type should I be using?

From the Milestone section:
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
So far I haven’t found a single use for barrage. If a boss is chasing me, it is actually better to Spellbind and use Phalanx than try to barrage it. If a mob gets too close for comfort, I just use trinity arrow and the damage takes it out in 1 shot usually. It also doesn’t leech, making it inferior by default.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:So far I haven’t found a single use for barrage. If a boss is chasing me, it is actually better to Spellbind and use Phalanx than try to barrage it. If a mob gets too close for comfort, I just use trinity arrow and the damage takes it out in 1 shot usually. It also doesn’t leech, making it inferior by default.

I went back to my Uber page and rechecked all ubers to see which one I actually use trinity/barrage against.

The only ones I've seen was: Butcher, BK, Azmodan, Primus and Yshari Sanctum (set collecting). So yeah, pierce isn't important for these early-mid game ubers.

So I was wrong! I'll remove the "get max pierce" recommendation from my guide right away ♥
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tried Belial for fun. Something he casts seems to do a defense check, I think that is his red orbs. Never had this issue against him before. But well, you classified this guy as in the ´not easy’ bracket, it had to be expected.

Astrogha is pretty easy, might try Yshari later today. Still need to find an Einherjar to craft on. 20ish Duncraig runs and still no drop.

Fauztinville is so annoying. Necrobots take age to kill. I might run lower labs hoping to find that elemental thing you put on quivers to add fire and lightning damage.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:Tried Belial for fun. Something he casts seems to do a defense check, I think that is his red orbs. Never had this issue against him before. But well, you classified this guy as in the ´not easy’ bracket, it had to be expected.

Belial "Phalanx" deals fire dmg and has pierce on it. So fire resist stacking goea a long way against him.