SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
modeloprince
Skeleton
3 | 0
How do you create a sigfried with a jah with 4 open sockets?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
modeloprince wrote:How do you create a sigfried with a jah with 4 open sockets?

jewel-jewel-jewel-Jah
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Wulf wrote:
modeloprince wrote:How do you create a sigfried with a jah with 4 open sockets?

jewel-jewel-jewel-Jah

in a gray base item too* (if that wasnt already understood)
Davva79
Skeleton
2 | 0
modeloprince wrote:Hey! New to Median XL and I'm just wondering:

As I'm tiering up my bow it's staying at 1 socket throughout.. I'm currently at TU4 and the guide says to fill the bow with perfect skulls. I don't have any sockets to put perfect skulls in however. Am I doing something wrong?

You are nopt supposed to upgrade the unique version, you need to reset it to white and reroll the bow, all you are doing is upping the damage of the base not upping the stats that the Tu unique offers at higher tiers hence staying at 1 socket.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Davva79 wrote:
modeloprince wrote:Hey! New to Median XL and I'm just wondering:

As I'm tiering up my bow it's staying at 1 socket throughout.. I'm currently at TU4 and the guide says to fill the bow with perfect skulls. I don't have any sockets to put perfect skulls in however. Am I doing something wrong?

You are nopt supposed to upgrade the unique version, you need to reset it to white and reroll the bow, all you are doing is upping the damage of the base not upping the stats that the Tu unique offers at higher tiers hence staying at 1 socket.

Wrong. Unique's always comes with max sockets. Ofc you are supposed to uptier the TU, there is 0 reason to renewal it to white/gray then enchant it back to unique.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Davva79 wrote:Hey! New to Median XL and I'm just wondering:

TU4 = unique version of tier 4 reflex bow (called reflex bow (4) in-game). to turn a weapon unique, you need to cube the base weapon (any color) with 2 arcane crystals and an oil of enhancement.

you can do this recipe on a tier 1 item or tier 4. if you have a tier 1 item, simply cube it with a single arcane crystal and it will reroll the unique as tier2.

Glow-Worm
Bone Archer
76 | 3
I personally liked leveling with Webspinner, the TU short war bow.
Longstaff
Vampiress
36 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi Wulf and everyone,

Quick question - what does the abbreviation SK (from the merc guide) mean? I did look, but also couldn't see it in the list of abbreviations.

Also, I was wondering where would you recommend as a good and not overly difficult zone to spam some farming for a bit? I took a break for a couple of weeks and starting playing again yesterday.

I'm clvl 123 but because of my skill cap I struggle with some of the more difficult content ('difficult' being subjective, of course).

For example, I havent yet completed the ubers that you recommend after doing the Nihlathak sig runs, except Duncraig which I completed. I have done Triune and farming that for better circles has been fun. I've only done a third of the Nihlathak runs, because I get frustrated dying from those pesky Storm Shamans - I know this zone should be trivial for me now and everything melts, but its just me I guess. I will keep at it though.

Long story short, I can get through the ubers up to my level in your guide that let me grave zerg, but the lockouts are tough for me.

So yeah, where would you recommend heading just for some gear farming and a chance to chill?

Cheers and thanks again :-)
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Longstaff wrote:Hi Wulf and everyone,

Quick question - what does the abbreviation SK (from the merc guide) mean? I did look, but also couldn't see it in the list of abbreviations.

Also, I was wondering where would you recommend as a good and not overly difficult zone to spam some farming for a bit? I took a break for a couple of weeks and starting playing again yesterday.

I'm clvl 123 but because of my skill cap I struggle with some of the more difficult content ('difficult' being subjective, of course).

For example, I havent yet completed the ubers that you recommend after doing the Nihlathak sig runs, except Duncraig which I completed. I have done Triune and farming that for better circles has been fun. I've only done a third of the Nihlathak runs, because I get frustrated dying from those pesky Storm Shamans - I know this zone should be trivial for me now and everything melts, but its just me I guess. I will keep at it though.

Long story short, I can get through the ubers up to my level in your guide that let me grave zerg, but the lockouts are tough for me.

So yeah, where would you recommend heading just for some gear farming and a chance to chill?

Cheers and thanks again :-)

sk=skill, as in "+1 to all skill". ty, i just added it to the abbrev list :)

as for "what to do next?", I recommend following the milestone list. if you havent finished your Nihl runs for 400sigs, do that. what counters storm shamans is movement, always be running and the projectiles wont hit you.

i assume you already have found your 200-300 bow?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just tested it out and Storm Shamans are powerless if you have RIP (any item + AC + Oil of renewal). Might be worth mentioning in the guide as many people seem to struggle with those guys. Especially with zero def toons.