SSF Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Cah23 wrote:Wait, what do you mean by “only playing SSF” what does ssf stand for?

SSF stands for solo self found. it means my character has no outside help (no trading, no xfering of gear/charms from other characters). I only use what my character finds herself. UMO's are very very rare to get as they are next to impossible to get them when you arent trading.

Heretic667 wrote:I'm finding I've hit a wall damage wise around level 120. I'm spent every single shrine I've had on a crafted bow and this was the best I was able to get so far.

Comparing this bow to the one used in your Duncraig video, yours is clearly better, but I noticed your Phalanx skill is 7991-17K which is WAY higher than mine showing at 4783-6264. Is your bow making THAT much of a difference compared to mine? I still have ~130 signets to go and afraid my damage is still going to be nowhere near yours when I get to the cap

Here's my NotArmory: https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Naamah

Any obvious suggestions for improvement here? Tried following the guide and milestones best I could so far. I'm rocking the chest and helm from the Zerae's set with a 25% IAS quiver and IAS jewel in the helm to keep my IAS above 292.

I recommend following my milestone list to the letter. You shouldn't even be farming sigs until you have a 200ed 300max bow. If you didnt roll one, keep farming k3k for shrines until you have it. Then progress to your 400sigs. One step at a time, dont try to skip steps.

Also, some of your charms aren't correctly rolled (tal rasha, horazon).

As for the dmg from my videos compared to yours: patch 1.7 introduced another dmg shrink. dex scaling, ewd and elemental dmg all went down by 40%. So its normal to see phalanx dmg shrinking. but clear speed will be the same as 1.6; monsters are less tanky as well.
robin_nerf
Prowler
15 | 0
Just hit level 115 and as I'm new to the game I dont know all the strats yet :)
So since I dont have found a Sacred Reflex Bow yet, were do I farm this ?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
robin_nerf wrote:Just hit level 115 and as I'm new to the game I dont know all the strats yet :)
So since I dont have found a Sacred Reflex Bow yet, were do I farm this ?

k3k.

if you still dont get it by the time you reach 120, switch to dunc.
JeppeAndersen
Rust Claw
82 | 0
Sorry if i didnt see thsi answered in the past 50 pages ;) But, Windforce. What are ur thoughts about it? Personally i really like it, the tornadoes a grand. And since movement speed has been removed from estatic, you get 30 movement speed from the bow.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
JeppeAndersen wrote:Sorry if i didnt see thsi answered in the past 50 pages ;) But, Windforce. What are ur thoughts about it? Personally i really like it, the tornadoes a grand. And since movement speed has been removed from estatic, you get 30 movement speed from the bow.

no doubt the ms and proc are cool, but the problems are:

• the dex scaling on it is 0.11 compared to reflex's 0.15. To give you some perspective, it means that at 5000 dex (common lategame value), windforce would give you 550ewd when reflex would give you 750ewd.

• its also a slower base: you'd need 360ias to reach max breakpoint instead of 292.

• windforce reaches 350max dmg at lvl 140 (which is similar to a common 200ed-300max craft), but the moment you find a 200ed-100min-300max craft, it instantly dethrones this very rare SSU. thats why i didnt mention it in the weapon list. its very very hard for a rw or unique to compete with crafts: theyre too good.

• it doesnt have 200ed and only has 40lvl worth of mo space. so if you want to cap ed on it (which you always should), it means you'd lose some ds and max dmg.
Based
Acid Prince
48 | 1
So you put for the bow MO "ed 195" with a link to a picture that i have no idea what it means, nor what that means. tot he point the bow as 195 enhanced damage before gems?
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Based wrote:So you put for the bow MO "ed 195" with a link to a picture that i have no idea what it means, nor what that means. tot he point the bow as 195 enhanced damage before gems?

Use MO(Mystic Orb) on your bow until you have atleast 195% ED(Enhanced Damage) (before any gems). If you have 195% ED then it's not worth to MO another ED, better to use those "levels" on another MO.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Based wrote:So you put for the bow MO "ed 195" with a link to a picture that i have no idea what it means, nor what that means. tot he point the bow as 195 enhanced damage before gems?

what yeahsper said.

its simply to show the dmg value of each 1ed. going from 195ed to 200ed isn't worth the +4 lvl spot. better off using a max dmg mo instead.
Deckard_Lame
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I’m currently sitting at lvl 121 with a beautifully crafted reflex bow and honorifics or good SU’s or SSU’s for every single piece. I can farm duncraig for xp, but I die frequently there and can’t kill the last boss yet.

My question is regarding my merc and what the best one to use for survivability is. Its painfully obvious to me that he cant tank explosions no matter what gear I equip him with, so what should I use for a new sidekick?

Also, thanks for the guide, i started playing this game less than 2 weeks ago, and this character has been my most successful yet!
Deckard_Lame
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Referring to my last post:

I just re-read and saw that you recommend abjurer as your end game merc, but not to bother until then. I am willing to go a little slower to die less often than I do right now, does that merc have the CC needed to help me out with that? The shapeshifter makes things much easier when he stays alive, but it doesn't seem like that's possible because all of the explosions they have in duncraig, which is where I have been farming at.