Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
That's because most people usually explore what is on the right/top of the map first. Well, you're not the only one who had such situation :)
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Why using scythe over bonesplitter? I mean for runewords, is there any special reason?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Dreamhunter wrote:is there any special reason?

Yes. Raptor Scythes has very fast attack speed while bonesplitters have fast attack speed. Attack speed while doing/farming some uberlevels on Destruction can actually make a difference.

So unless a RW has %IAS modifier on it, you should be using Raptor Scythe. Also, if you can reach a certain breakpoint, obviously, bonesplitters are superior to raptor scythes (basic damage is higher).
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
I see... Well my vote goes to bonesplitters :) More damage is my way. Tnx anyway
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
I used this speed calculator, and added -40 WSM (raptor scythes WSM) in deathlord morph and the results were:

IAS Frame
-11 7
8 6
42 5

Was i doing this right??? Does this mean that if someone's using a raptor scythe in deathlord form needs only 42 IAS to reach the 5 frame breakpoint??

Edit: Also, to me it feels much easier to farm duncraig.. dont know, i tried some runs to nithlatak, died in most of them to fur titans thorn aura and in the one that i killed him, he dropped only 3 sigs and some TUs..

And as a buffer, i use TU grim wand's dark power oskill which boosts damage, adds magic damage, attack speed and crushing blow. Dont have access to SU wand yet..
Fenris
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Just adding my own two cents, although I'm a mxl noob.

I've found making honorific gloves, boots, and belt gives you the best mods for LC1. I maxed the resists on the gloves and belt, then added some FHR and -%enemy resists (fire/poison), then the boots I maxed the FHR and added some resists and -%enemy resists.

That, combined with the FHR and defense from my other gear put me around 6-7k defense and 5 fps FHR (just short of hitting 4 fps at that time).

Using that with a honorific bonesplitter MO with %ed, +max dmg, IAS, miasma, and crucify made the challenge a cake walk.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Fenris

Your theory is right. Just because TU Heavy Belt can be viable even when farming Tran Athulua or Duncraig (unlike honorific belt) I didn't mention the 3rd honorific item in my list. I was using two honorifics (gloves and boots) for more resists, though after 2016 patch that part of the guide will need to be updated (there will be no MO's with procs as well as there won't be +6 resist MO's anymore).

As for LC1, max FHR doesn't help you much as you still have to dodge homing arrows all the time (defence is low, not enough %DR). I was using Whirlpool in this level which allows not to hit amazons directly, but circle around them so they fall into the vortex that kill them.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I was using act3 fire mage.

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Yeah, 'bloodmage can solo LC1' is a well-known strategy. I've never really used mercs much (especially with this character) so I decided to skip 'what mercenary should you hire' step in this guide :)