Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
misosozi wrote:Much ablige Sir Stealthmaster.

I wish I could spot things as you do :).

Is there a possibility to complete this chellange with melee spec?

Cheers.

If you're just looking to do the challenge you can try respec into summoner with ice totem. The challenge and upgrades (both) can be done with only honorific items.
misosozi
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Stealthmaster wrote:
misosozi wrote:Even if I manage to survive till first boss, he one shoots me. Is there something I am missing here?

2. You must have sufficient damage from Voodoo Shot to be able to one-shot an avatar till he becomes invulnerable. If your min. damage is below 10k, you'll most likely fail in this quest. Max damage should be about 20k iirc;

I have 12k-18k dmg after Burning Veil. Also I made a RW Crucible in a fast crossbow. Attack Speed matters here? Or better will be pure dmg?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Damage is all that matters, because bolts from Voodoo Shot does not vanish after you stop casting the spell. As they continue to spawn around your totems, damaging a freshly spawned avatar for a few seconds, it's better to concentate on raw damage rather than attack speed. Surely, you can craft yourself some IAS jewels, but I usually don't bother with this just for one quest.
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
@Stealthmaster what you say about Soul Reaver for midgame? Or cheap RW better than this scythe?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Soul Reaver is useless. Chthon RW is way batter, not counting the base bonuses on grey item (%AR, %ED, Double MO).
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
On that note, what do you reckon has better damage output Chthon RW or Tzeentch?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Chris_Kush wrote:On that note, what do you reckon has better damage output Chthon SurXis RW or Tzeentch?

Fixed. Also, these can't be compared, imo. Tzeentch is a great Fauzt farming weapon. It can also decently farm other ubers but needs some supporting gear such as SotS. SurXis scythe is great for everything but it has 121 lvl req (MP), not mentioning you have to farm Unformed Land first to get stones and skulls. If you are on SP, go for SurXis: its req lvl is 120 and it also isn't nerfed.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Thanks again, that is actually how I'm using them at the moment, was just curious and wanted your opinion.(playing on SP). Much appreciated :)
misosozi
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hello Stealthmaster.

Is Zorun Tzin killable with Melee Necro? If yes what item set is needed? I understand that -199 fire res is crucial?

Cheers.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
In theory, he is killable with melee spec (I haven't killed him with it tho) but it requires way more time to do it. The biggest problem here is perpetually spawned ratfinks/citizens, so in the end there way be way too much of them to handle. Don't forget that you'll need to purify traps.

Caster spec with minions will be much better here. Though you are not as tanky without Deathlord, minions (Jinni give extra fire pierce) serve as meatshields while you are able to quickly reduce ZT's health using Funeral Pyre.

It's my least favourite uber because of the reward value<->time/nerves spent, tbh, so I usually just don't bother with it.