Melee Necromancer

Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jakkt wrote:Is whirlpool only available on daggers or can I get it on a scythe?
Also, when you say keep elementals summoned, is that from a charm I'm missing?

You can get it on boots. Shrine crafted or rare ones.

And elementals come from Kra runeword in necro scythe.
Edited by Metalistas 8 years.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Whirlpool appears on rare/crafted axes, maces and hammers too.
bibol2110
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello, i've come back to Median mod after a long time, but i never were able to reach "end game", so i may be a total noob when it comes to really simple things.
My question is, how did you get honorific stat "Orb effects are doubled" on a runeword? I was totally eating at me, so i had to ask :P
Great guide btw :P Im only lvl 30 ATM, but im enjoying the hell out of it ;p and i suspect it only gets better later on ^^
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
bibol2110 wrote:how did you get honorific stat "Orb effects are doubled" on a runeword?

There's a Mystic orb with Luck Trial modifier. 2% chance to add Double orb effect on a weapon. Only one chance per item so reroll it with either Dragon Eggs or Oils of Renewal in order to get another chance to get Double Orb modifier.
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hello there! Great guide, thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Im a new mxl player, play for a month or so. I have already tried trap rat, werewolf, uhc and pouncezon so i guess i have some basic understanding of the mod :). Now im playing untwinked melee necro to prepare myself a little for the upcoming ladder reset :) I have to say that it is a very strong build for playing solo from scratch. Nevertheless i start to encounter some troubles with it, maybe anyone could help me. Im 120 already, my gear is t6 Jitan, t6 Glowskull, T6 Lionpaw, honorific gloves, some random -res + skills jewelery and a double orbed black cat in sacred raptor scythe. I could get some basic charms and now trying to farm sigs and su from Nihlatak. And this is a pain. I got "slain monsters rip" on my gloves but i can acheive 3rd level of halls of pain like 1 time from 10. I just melt myself when i meet bears with thorns aura (it reflects phys damage as far as i understand). If i try to skip those packs with angel of death, mobs kill me when i touch the earth. I got 8.6k hp, 270k def, 28-41k parasite dmg, i miss some dr i guess. Anyway is there any tips for farming nihla with this build or i do i need to practice more or just farm some other place ?
Aerisk
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Without knwoing your skill layout of other stats, best I could recommend is swapping to the Sur runeword Chthon double orbed.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
oztor

If you're playing on SP, you can try rerolling your map so you could have level 3 Nih entrance close enough to the waypoint. As soon as you enter your target is to discover where Nihlathak is. Sometimes monsters can appear in big crowds right after you enter level3. If those crowds consist of stormlings, you better escape to any other area before you get wrecked by Fairy Rings that Storm Shamans. Yeah, Sur RW > Eld RW so you should give it a try.
Aerisk
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Posted this before noticing this was a guide. Was not my intention to post advice other than what is in the guide, as to not confuse people. Admin can edit/delete this post if needed.

original post before

► Show Spoiler
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thanks guys. Ill try to make some runewords, thats what i was also thinking about.
Mountaincreature
Sasquatch
60 | 1
Just got a rathmas scythe with double orb and blessed luck pot. Do you suggest jah runes in it? Perfect rainbows? Or ll jools perhaps? Thinking I should mo it with just LL