Trap Rat Full Guide [WIP]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
robinro
Azure Drake
171 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
punisher can instakill most normal enemies and can proc "after death", pyroblast can instakill most non-uber bosses (e.g. if you farm diablo to get some SU's before you can go farming ubers) + the instant heal ofc.
abjurer may have better clearspeed if you go farming crowded areas
User avatar
Feeles
Cog
218 | 4
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
fkfhnis wrote:What's the purpose of having a Bloodmage over an Abjurer? Seems like they do way more damage, and isn't superbeast just.. super? Aren't they just to help kill physical immunes? Just wanting your thoughts/reasonings, nothing personal, just curious.


What robinho said. you have physycal dmg already, with abjurer do physical and lightning. maybe aoe wise is better abjurer but, in anycase merc should not be fundamental. you may also go with barb merc, equip him with esubane and headbanger for a lot of cc. toorc gift and ice shell if you like glacial nova. so there is not best merc, but what you prefer. since is boring to have gear switch for merc, i choosed bloodmage for inner fire, that is life saver, but maybe for more fun i'd rather go barb merc^^
fkfhnis
Cog
204 | -21
ETA on more ubers? I hate not knowing if I should be attempting some of these or not with the gear I have.. I assume RATHMA SQUARE is one i'm not supposed to be doing yet.
User avatar
Feeles
Cog
218 | 4
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
fkfhnis wrote:ETA on more ubers? I hate not knowing if I should be attempting some of these or not with the gear I have.. I assume RATHMA SQUARE is one i'm not supposed to be doing yet.


i had very few time to play and test stuff, and also i will leave tomorrow for vacation. tonight i will up 2 charm but for the tough part better w8... anyway i upped the end game gear, you can work on that and with that you can work on all hard uber.

Remind for kabraxis you might want
Hellfire Plate


Hellfire Plate
Body Armor

'FiFiFiFiFiFi'
Runeword Level: 100
5% Chance to cast level 5 Blink when you Take Damage
+(0 to 2) to All Skills
Adds 245-317 fire damage
+(3 to 14) to Ancient Blood
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense
Damage Reduced by 10%
, for duncraig you want a lot of patient, summon everything u can before teleporting in small rooms, spamm quill, if you see a barrel, tp town fast, w8 a sec, start again. For Vizjun you need Faster Run Walk, also for other ubers that requires speed. if you get
Sky Spirit
Sky Spirit
Falcon Mask (Sacred)

Defense: (2430-2699) to (2686-2983)
Required Strength: 454
Required Level: 100
(Druid Only)
2% Chance to cast level 32 Tempest on Striking
50% Faster Run/Walk
25% Increased Attack Speed
150% bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 84-167 lightning damage
+(20 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(28 to 35)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+1 Life on Striking
Damage Reduced by 10%
+(4 to 5) to Light Radius
Socketed (4)

is a good start ^^. if you need more i suggest to craft a belt with inner fire, MO faster run walk. Abandoned is ok.

When i will be back from vacation i will finish uber part :)
fkfhnis
Cog
204 | -21
Feeles wrote:
fkfhnis wrote:ETA on more ubers? I hate not knowing if I should be attempting some of these or not with the gear I have.. I assume RATHMA SQUARE is one i'm not supposed to be doing yet.


i had very few time to play and test stuff, and also i will leave tomorrow for vacation. tonight i will up 2 charm but for the tough part better w8... anyway i upped the end game gear, you can work on that and with that you can work on all hard uber.

Remind for kabraxis you might want
Hellfire Plate


Hellfire Plate
Body Armor

'FiFiFiFiFiFi'
Runeword Level: 100
5% Chance to cast level 5 Blink when you Take Damage
+(0 to 2) to All Skills
Adds 245-317 fire damage
+(3 to 14) to Ancient Blood
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense
Damage Reduced by 10%
, for duncraig you want a lot of patient, summon everything u can before teleporting in small rooms, spamm quill, if you see a barrel, tp town fast, w8 a sec, start again. For Vizjun you need Faster Run Walk, also for other ubers that requires speed. if you get
Sky Spirit
Sky Spirit
Falcon Mask (Sacred)

Defense: (2430-2699) to (2686-2983)
Required Strength: 454
Required Level: 100
(Druid Only)
2% Chance to cast level 32 Tempest on Striking
50% Faster Run/Walk
25% Increased Attack Speed
150% bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 84-167 lightning damage
+(20 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(28 to 35)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+1 Life on Striking
Damage Reduced by 10%
+(4 to 5) to Light Radius
Socketed (4)

is a good start ^^. if you need more i suggest to craft a belt with inner fire, MO faster run walk. Abandoned is ok.

When i will be back from vacation i will finish uber part :)

I was able to do the uber I mentioned. Lightning merc really shines in these types of areas. Small area with a ton of mobs. Guess fire and lightning both have their strengths.
MidwestSteeze
Imp
4 | 0
(to preface: a bit of a noob question/situation here. also, this is my very first and only character in Median so i'm looking for next-steps advice if anyone could help)

I'm having a hard time figuring out what I should be doing in order to transition from mid-game gear to end-game gear. I'm currently pretty much setup in the mid-game gear, charms, and skills to a tee, but what should I focus on to get into end-game gear/content?

I can cautiously do Destruction Tran Athulua, but it does get dicey as I feel I have plenty of damage but perhaps lack in defenses/life (360k def/11k life). Are there any specific end-game pieces I should aim to get first, that will benefit me the most to make farming Dest Tran easier? Is Dest Tran the place I should be farming to find upgrades or be going somewhere else? Or, should I instead focus on collecting signets of learning to trade for TG and plan on trading for gear upgrades instead?

Appreciate it!
itsme
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
That def/life total is fine if you have a decent amount of %DR. I assume you've got the charms listed in the OP since they're all easy and useful. I expect the problem is you getting stunlocked, so try more reanimates or a barb merc to draw some of the aggro.
TA is by far the best place to spend time if you're looking for SUs, and you definitely want a 15% life charm and the trophy anyway (5% DR). If you're still having trouble try Nihlathak runs for signets + uniques or somewhere with insane elite density like River of Flame.
User avatar
Feeles
Cog
218 | 4
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MidwestSteeze wrote:(to preface: a bit of a noob question/situation here. also, this is my very first and only character in Median so i'm looking for next-steps advice if anyone could help)

I'm having a hard time figuring out what I should be doing in order to transition from mid-game gear to end-game gear. I'm currently pretty much setup in the mid-game gear, charms, and skills to a tee, but what should I focus on to get into end-game gear/content?

I can cautiously do Destruction Tran Athulua, but it does get dicey as I feel I have plenty of damage but perhaps lack in defenses/life (360k def/11k life). Are there any specific end-game pieces I should aim to get first, that will benefit me the most to make farming Dest Tran easier? Is Dest Tran the place I should be farming to find upgrades or be going somewhere else? Or, should I instead focus on collecting signets of learning to trade for TG and plan on trading for gear upgrades instead?

Appreciate it!


How much is your DR? You need to consider a thing in TA, they can instashot you with their proc on death. But, there is a but ^^
If you summon any summon, amazons will aggro the summon, and not only with regular attacks but also the proc will focus on "new comer".

So spam elven song, not only to charm some amazon and get some help, but also to spread the aggro and that proc on death so you get hit less, your attacks get not interrupted and you don't have to be slow (well just a bit).

Also like itsme said, you can get some reanimates and some tanky merc, but concept is the same: distract those amazons from you.

I simply use elven song (i got 5 point in it, aka 2 elves), i spam one in a corner of the screen, one on the opposite, and go stand beetwin them and spam quill.

Hope we helped you^^
MidwestSteeze
Imp
4 | 0
Feeles wrote:
MidwestSteeze wrote:(to preface: a bit of a noob question/situation here. also, this is my very first and only character in Median so i'm looking for next-steps advice if anyone could help)

I'm having a hard time figuring out what I should be doing in order to transition from mid-game gear to end-game gear. I'm currently pretty much setup in the mid-game gear, charms, and skills to a tee, but what should I focus on to get into end-game gear/content?

I can cautiously do Destruction Tran Athulua, but it does get dicey as I feel I have plenty of damage but perhaps lack in defenses/life (360k def/11k life). Are there any specific end-game pieces I should aim to get first, that will benefit me the most to make farming Dest Tran easier? Is Dest Tran the place I should be farming to find upgrades or be going somewhere else? Or, should I instead focus on collecting signets of learning to trade for TG and plan on trading for gear upgrades instead?

Appreciate it!


How much is your DR? You need to consider a thing in TA, they can instashot you with their proc on death. But, there is a but ^^
If you summon any summon, amazons will aggro the summon, and not only with regular attacks but also the proc will focus on "new comer".

So spam elven song, not only to charm some amazon and get some help, but also to spread the aggro and that proc on death so you get hit less, your attacks get not interrupted and you don't have to be slow (well just a bit).

Also like itsme said, you can get some reanimates and some tanky merc, but concept is the same: distract those amazons from you.

I simply use elven song (i got 5 point in it, aka 2 elves), i spam one in a corner of the screen, one on the opposite, and go stand beetwin them and spam quill.

Hope we helped you^^


I'm running roughly 40-45%dr and about 50flat dr. I do exactly as you mentioned, summoning 2 from eleven song and pushing forward. It does slow me down a bit but is apparnerly necessary, so I will just keep at it with that, thanks!
User avatar
Prime_Evil
Cow Ninja
1269 | 109
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I suggest adding
Black Razor
Black Razor
Kriss (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (95-105) to (97-108)
Required Dexterity: 454
Required Level: 100
Current Dexterity Damage Bonus: (51/256 per Dexterity)%
4% Chance to cast level 13 Claw Tornado on Striking
+(2 to 3) to Druid Skill Levels
+(2 to 3) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced damage
Adds 84-167 fire damage
Adds 84-167 lightning damage
Adds 84-167 cold damage
-(8 to 11)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(8 to 11)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(8 to 11)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
(21 to 30)% Chance of Uninterruptable Attack
+(21 to 25) Life after each Kill
Socketed (3)

to the endgame options.