Trap Rat Full Guide [WIP]

smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Elfin only give crushing blow to wep other than bows, so its a very bad idea. Crushing blow is shit anyway. Guide is very outdated atm.
Fk65
Bone Archer
79 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
smartasss wrote:Elfin only give crushing blow to wep other than bows, so its a very bad idea. Crushing blow is shit anyway. Guide is very outdated atm.

i thought Crushing blow is just nerfed for bosses ??? How can crushing blow be bad on a farming char
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Hitting for 10k is better than hitting for 3k with crushing blow.
krillep
Invader
8 | 0
smartasss wrote:Elfin only give crushing blow to wep other than bows, so its a very bad idea. Crushing blow is shit anyway. Guide is very outdated atm.

Yeah, I don't know if it's because of focus on Crushing Blow, but the build feels kinda.. subpar at the moment. Level 42 atm. With a basic treewarden build, I could breeze through the game and oneshot most bosses with random gear, taking no damage at all. This build, it takes me a good while to kill all bosses I reach, and most of them pretty much oneshot me if I'm not careful.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
krillep wrote:

Yeah, I don't know if it's because of focus on Crushing Blow, but the build feels kinda.. subpar at the moment. Level 42 atm. With a basic treewarden build, I could breeze through the game and oneshot most bosses with random gear, taking no damage at all. This build, it takes me a good while to kill all bosses I reach, and most of them pretty much oneshot me if I'm not careful.

121 here and it still sucks. Probably gonna level a summon barb tomorrow and do what everyone else is doing. Yay balance. -_-
krillep
Invader
8 | 0
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
krillep wrote:

121 here and it still sucks. Probably gonna level a summon barb tomorrow and do what everyone else is doing. Yay balance. -_-

I don't know if the servers just don't like the hit registration of Quill Storm right now, but I just hit Mephisto like 50 times, and only once in a while would he lose maybe a millimetre of his hp, meanwhile he pretty much oneshots me. I'm still only on the first difficulty, and I honestly just can't be bothered by this build atm. My treewarden at the same point in time would twoshot Mephisto.

Same issue with all other mobs, hit them a bunch of times for them just not to lose any hp. Either Quill Storm is super bugged/the servers just don't register it hitting stuff, or Crushing Blow is just killing the damage.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
krillep wrote:
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
krillep wrote:

I don't know if the servers just don't like the hit registration of Quill Storm right now, but I just hit Mephisto like 50 times, and only once in a while would he lose maybe a millimetre of his hp, meanwhile he pretty much oneshots me. I'm still only on the first difficulty, and I honestly just can't be bothered by this build atm. My treewarden at the same point in time would twoshot Mephisto.

Same issue with all other mobs, hit them a bunch of times for them just not to lose any hp. Either Quill Storm is super bugged/the servers just don't register it hitting stuff, or Crushing Blow is just killing the damage.

The issue is CB doesn't affect bosses. But it could be that as well. I shoot 88 quills per attack. My damage is like 2300 or something. But I think that's the total damage of all quills that hit during a single attack. It should be per quill since CB is basically useless. Here's my build:

Full Emerald Set
Wind Runner Boots (runeword) for the +1 skills and 15% life steal
Ahriman Belt (runeword) for the +1 skills, 50 -150 rainbow dmg, 50 AA and 40% AR
Angel Heart Amulet for +2skills, 10% Dex / Str

My rings are nothing worth mentioning, but even without that you'd think I'd be able to do something. Can't do anything. We need summons to do any damage. Before I swapped to Angel Heart I was using a Death Scarab which has 5% reanimate: Fire Beetle and they do work. I was also using nephilim or megalith boots I forget which and a Truce belt.

The only other thing I want to try before I complete write it off is socketing Auhe runes in basically everything left over which will give me just over 50% Deadly Strike. It's expensive af and honestly, it's a last ditch effort because I'm not sure even that would be enough. I'm not sure why Quill Rat gives you +1% block chance when we can't even block.
Trombol
Skeleton
3 | 0
Great guide, Thanks for that!