Community Pokedex - Guide to All Summons

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
abwhorent
Grubber
317 | 46
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Philby wrote:Amazing job, I love the transversal approach of the guide.
Recently I've been enjoying a lot the company of two VK with my necro when I was out for bossing. I need to try NH for Baal and Astro, but for the others the playstyle is super chill.
I'm so relaxed that I'm considering farming Kab for trophy frags, something I could dream of before I met the VK bros. I've checked the reanimates listing but :

TL;DR : what would be, in your opinion, the best reanimate? I know they don't do much but maybe some aura/proc is really worth it...

Thanks

I think more research is needed on Resurrects and Reanimates, so I can't really say which one is the best. It also depends on what build you're doing or what you want to do. For example, Rust Claws and Aberrant Lizards might be good for physical attackers but not so useful for Abyss Knights/Jinn Necromancers. Since most of the aura-having monsters don't seem to give their bonuses as reanimates anymore, it seems like reanimates fall broadly into two categories: Tanks (Have to be very tanky because you can't just resummon them casually) or utility debuffers

For the former, Tree of Life is probably unrivaled because it is both tanky and casts Inner Fire on itself, which rapidly regenerates its health. Blight's Hierarch and Darkwardens aren't bad either in terms of tankiness, but they cannot heal themselves. Akarat (from
Myrrhbearer
or
Relic (Body of the Savior)
) also heals himself at low health, but testing in Dimensional Labyrinth has shown that he cannot survive Corrupted Barbarian's Iron Spiral. Darkwardens are also quite good at hitting things because of their powerful Retaliate.

tl;dr kinda hard to say what's "best" reanimate, depends on build, some are more easily accessible than others so maybe go for what's convenient (nearby a waypoint).

Reanimate (from actual Reanimate, not from Resurrect) are just RNG from crafting or Kabraxis trophy anyways, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting an "ideal" one. They're just meatshields / distractions when you're clearing Fauzt.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks again for your dedication and for the detailled answer.
myfataltouch
Invader
9 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Thanks for the guide! Playing the Summon Necro right now.
"Like others, get crafted double minion damage jewels (15-21%) as you can, alongside the usual SUs." Just want to confirm that these are the Kur rune crafted jewels? I made a bunch and the highest I've been rolling is 5% minion dmg, with most coming in at 3-4%. Do I just keep rerolling until 15%+? Also what are some usual SU's that you recommend? The SummonMancer guide just recommends Tainted Crafted gear (Gloves, Boots, and Shield) I'm currently using the Laz Set. Any help is greatly appreciated!
abwhorent
Grubber
317 | 46
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
myfataltouch wrote:Thanks for the guide! Playing the Summon Necro right now.
"Like others, get crafted double minion damage jewels (15-21%) as you can, alongside the usual SUs." Just want to confirm that these are the Kur rune crafted jewels? I made a bunch and the highest I've been rolling is 5% minion dmg, with most coming in at 3-4%. Do I just keep rerolling until 15%+? Also what are some usual SU's that you recommend? The SummonMancer guide just recommends Tainted Crafted gear (Gloves, Boots, and Shield) I'm currently using the Laz Set. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The crafted mod (from the rune) stacks with the 4 affixes that spawn on a rare jewel. When you get the top crafted roll (5%) and the top minion damage roll (16%), you get 21%. That being said, the statistical average on a double rolled jewel is closer to 17% most of the time.

SUs depend on what variation of summon necro you want to do. I would say Lazarus set is fine for starting Necromancer, enough damage to comfortably do everything up to Uldy on any variant. The guide I've provided is more of a mini guide for leveling as there is no dedicated summon Necromancer guide that I've seen. I wouldn't call myself a necro expert, so I shouldn't say more. Sorry I can't help more!
abwhorent
Grubber
317 | 46
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Guide has been freshly updated to version 1.7.

All summon-related changes have been made and direct comments relating to the patch notes can be found under the new section of the first post entitled "Changelog"!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
thought id give you this info that was given to me by SB:

bear uses your characters ar, not minion ar. he also caps out at 75% minion like other summons, but his total resists are brought up to 60% instead of 50%.

big tanky boi
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Wulf wrote:thought id give you this info that was given to me by SB:

bear uses your characters ar, not minion ar. he also caps out at 75% minion like other summons, but his total resists are brought up to 60% instead of 50%.

big tanky boi

I love the bear, but I am still confused about what it can inherit from Druid.
Please correct if I am wrong, I think he/she has (from your whole gear when the bear is summoned):
-Total physical damage
-Total elemental damage
-Total element pierce
-Attack rating
-Attack speed (?)
-Crushing blow
-Deadly strike
-Minion resist and minion life
-TTAD

What else can big bad Bear carry?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
tranvanhieu wrote:

big tanky boi

Please correct if I am wrong, I think he/she has (from your whole gear when the bear is summoned):
-Total physical damage
-Total elemental damage
-Total element pierce
-Attack rating
-Attack speed (?)
-Crushing blow
-Deadly strike
-TTAD

thats probably it. the relevant part at least. havent seen him inherit procs
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Wulf wrote:
tranvanhieu wrote:

big tanky boi

-Total physical damage
-Total elemental damage
-Total element pierce
-Attack rating
-Attack speed (?)
-Crushing blow
-Deadly strike
-TTAD

Thanks! I can probably confirm that proc won't work.
Another thing that bug me is that Bear can be frozen, Diablo (or some of his summon) just freeze him in place during my fight. What a disappointment! I am wondering if he can inherit "Cannot be frozen"?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
tranvanhieu wrote:
Wulf wrote:
tranvanhieu wrote:

big tanky boi

-Total physical damage
-Total elemental damage
-Total element pierce
-Attack rating
-Attack speed (?)
-Crushing blow
-Deadly strike
-TTAD

Thanks! I can probably confirm that proc won't work.
Another thing that bug me is that Bear can be frozen, Diablo (or some of his summon) just freeze him in place during my fight. What a disappointment! I am wondering if he can inherit "Cannot be frozen"?

he cant. athulua ammy has cbf and he still freezes. nothing in his tooltip points toward him inheriting anything defensive from you.