Community Pokedex - Guide to All Summons

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
snowbird
Core Lord
359 | 79
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
BTW very intetesting infos. Not everyon likes summoner playstyle but it must be hard to find one who doesnt like watching pokemon shows :) Great job.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Give me a cookie so i can give this person a cookie !!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Berkabus1 wrote:Give me a cookie so i can give this person a cookie !!

^
abwhorent
Grubber
317 | 46
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
snowbird wrote:My pally has Familiar Relic and receives all three bonuses without base levels. Indeed a good relic for all non sorc casters.
And Skeletal Flayer's orange Text works for merc with Khazra plate equipped. If u play a caster without any bonuses for minion survivality and ur summoned flayers get instadeleted, u can just put it in any gears of ur merc with khazra plate and the merc demon blood aura will provide u and ur allies 15% more elem dmg.

Thanks for your input, grats on getting Familiar Relic. If you have any screenshots of Familiar Relic effect (skill level/energy/cast speed) with and without it casted + D2Stats picture, that would be awesome to stick into the Appendix (evidence folder).

Also interesting to hear that Skeletal Flayer's relic mod applies to Demon Blood Aura from Khazra. I assume the merc has to have the relic equipped in their slot to have an effect, since it functions like an affix. This seems like a credible logical extension of known D2 functions. I'll make sure to mention this in the guide and credit you.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:Give me a cookie so i can give this person a cookie !!

^

Thanks dude ! :) also cookied :D
Wasp
Balrog
130 | 43
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
OK this is epic.
snowbird
Core Lord
359 | 79
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
abwhorent wrote:
snowbird wrote:My pally has Familiar Relic and receives all three bonuses without base levels. Indeed a good relic for all non sorc casters.
And Skeletal Flayer's orange Text works for merc with Khazra plate equipped. If u play a caster without any bonuses for minion survivality and ur summoned flayers get instadeleted, u can just put it in any gears of ur merc with khazra plate and the merc demon blood aura will provide u and ur allies 15% more elem dmg.

Thanks for your input, grats on getting Familiar Relic. If you have any screenshots of Familiar Relic effect (skill level/energy/cast speed) with and without it casted + D2Stats picture, that would be awesome to stick into the Appendix (evidence folder).

Also interesting to hear that Skeletal Flayer's relic mod applies to Demon Blood Aura from Khazra. I assume the merc has to have the relic equipped in their slot to have an effect, since it functions like an affix. This seems like a credible logical extension of known D2 functions. I'll make sure to mention this in the guide and credit you.

pre-buff

after buff

Penguincha
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Let me preface the fact that this is a VERY good guide/pokedex.

There was one thing I wanted to mention:

Since minions are snapshotted on cast, Investing into Iron Golem/Veil King means that these minions will be, for the most part, able to tank without having to ever recast them. This means that you can have two sets of equipment. One would be summoner gear, and the other would be your "primary spec" gear, which would be pretty much any build that would anywhere from no points to a small amount of points, whether that would be xbow, oskill, or melee (the latter being the least ideal, as going melee slightly defeats the purpose of having a tank). Heck, you can even have minion damage gear for trophy hunting/farming and minion life gear for ubers/higher lab. The cons are more time being taken for summoning (can be kind of a problem for lockdowns) and having less inventory space. This is, for me, one of my favorite "builds".
abwhorent
Grubber
317 | 46
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Penguincha wrote:Let me preface the fact that this is a VERY good guide/pokedex.

There was one thing I wanted to mention:

Since minions are snapshotted on cast, Investing into Iron Golem/Veil King means that these minions will be, for the most part, able to tank without having to ever recast them. This means that you can have two sets of equipment. One would be summoner gear, and the other would be your "primary spec" gear, which would be pretty much any build that would anywhere from no points to a small amount of points, whether that would be xbow, oskill, or melee (the latter being the least ideal, as going melee slightly defeats the purpose of having a tank). Heck, you can even have minion damage gear for trophy hunting/farming and minion life gear for ubers/higher lab. The cons are more time being taken for summoning (can be kind of a problem for lockdowns) and having less inventory space. This is, for me, one of my favorite "builds".

I like this as an idea. Minion builds rarely have their strongest tanks (such as Veil King/Iron Golem) die on them, but that's probably just thanks to how said summoners have huge investment into minion life that prevents those tanks from dying. Having a set of swapped gear would help with bridging the gap between a dedicated summoner and someone who's basically getting a second Mercenary with the downside of having to swap a whole set of gear every death/log-in (not to mention obtaining said gear). This could be a use for Magical Shrines, which otherwise see very little use. I'll mention this strategy in the "snapshotting" section.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Amazing job, I love the transversal approach of the guide.
Recently I've been enjoying a lot the company of two VK with my necro when I was out for bossing. I need to try NH for Baal and Astro, but for the others the playstyle is super chill.
I'm so relaxed that I'm considering farming Kab for trophy frags, something I could dream of before I met the VK bros. I've checked the reanimates listing but :

TL;DR : what would be, in your opinion, the best reanimate? I know they don't do much but maybe some aura/proc is really worth it...

Thanks