Community Pokedex - Guide to All Summons

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Woah one of the section mentioned "Certain ubers do 800% to mercenaries" which is completely new to me. Do we know in more details which ones? I check the source gdrive and couldn't find anything regarding that.
abwhorent
Grubber
317 | 46
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
OverSky wrote:Woah one of the section mentioned "Certain ubers do 800% to mercenaries" which is completely new to me. Do we know in more details which ones? I check the source gdrive and couldn't find anything regarding that.

This is a trait that comes from Diablo 2's engine. Mercenaries take increased damage from Act bosses. The way Uber bosses work, they're also like Act bosses. I find that anything with a displayed boss health bar generally qualifies for this description. The increase was apparently 2x damage in LoD, but the increase may have been tweaked by the Median devs to compensate for how mercs are changed. Notably, merc regen ensures that they're almost guaranteed to live if they're not killed instantly. Hence, mercs are susceptible to being killed by Uber bosses. Some weaker Ubers may not do so when your merc is at a higher level and has better gear, but mercs are generally guaranteed to die in 120+ Ubers. Damage just gets too high, unless you nuke the boss instantly. Mercs are great for providing buffs to you and your minions while acting as a distraction when clearing (albeit one that needs a whole separate set of gear and won't benefit from your stats whatsoever).
Filthy_McNasty
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is it possible that jewel crafting with Kur runes was nerfed? I only get 1 to 3% minion damage jewels now.
Kirikiroa
Invader
8 | 0
As i`m building summoning sin now, i noticed there are no info for Assasin familiars (Summoned by Batstrike).
I`m using dual Hellfeast to increase Bat strike level, but it`s tool tip gives no explanaition on how much it had infuluanced real minion stats. It just gives:[Second Charge: Summon Familiars Minion life and damage increase with skill level X total familiars] - so no info on life, dmg or accuracy of the minion.

*Familiars inherit my "Ways" Passive and Perfect Beig, so they have lightnig/poison/fire damge + E Pierce + E Spell damage - how does it work with my minion damage ? Does "spell damage" bonuce do any good?

*At some point all Familiar are dying at the same time, it happens one about 20-30 minutes i think. Do they have a life time? They are for shure not killed as they all drop dead simultaneously, even ones not fighting.

*I`v noticed, they can fly over some obsticles and sometimes stack on each other. May be it is a behavior of any "flying" minion, but for me it is a big plus, as they can fit in a narrow corridor and attack at the same time.

P.S. I was confused looking for "Familiar" section but geting some strage outdated sorcerer minion. And why are they called familiars anyway? They looks like battle gargoyles. Ad better if they inherit all your staff be like your shadow copies...
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Kirikiroa wrote:As i`m building summoning sin now, i noticed there are no info for Assasin familiars (Summoned by Batstrike).
I`m using dual Hellfeast to increase Bat strike level, but it`s tool tip gives no explanaition on how much it had infuluanced real minion stats. It just gives:[Second Charge: Summon Familiars Minion life and damage increase with skill level X total familiars] - so no info on life, dmg or accuracy of the minion.

*Familiars inherit my "Ways" Passive and Perfect Beig, so they have lightnig/poison/fire damge + E Pierce + E Spell damage - how does it work with my minion damage ? Does "spell damage" bonuce do any good?

*At some point all Familiar are dying at the same time, it happens one about 20-30 minutes i think. Do they have a life time? They are for shure not killed as they all drop dead simultaneously, even ones not fighting.

*I`v noticed, they can fly over some obsticles and sometimes stack on each other. May be it is a behavior of any "flying" minion, but for me it is a big plus, as they can fit in a narrow corridor and attack at the same time.

P.S. I was confused looking for "Familiar" section but geting some strage outdated sorcerer minion. And why are they called familiars anyway? They looks like battle gargoyles. Ad better if they inherit all your staff be like your shadow copies...

May I ask why are you so hell-bent on summonsin? :)
Sadly the bats have great potential but their AI is... well flying striking monster, so as you get your ass kicked they mostly hang out on the edge.
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Kirikiroa wrote:1: As i`m building summoning sin now, i noticed there are no info for Assasin familiars (Summoned by Batstrike).

2: *Familiars inherit my "Ways" Passive and Perfect Beig, so they have lightnig/poison/fire damge + E Pierce + E Spell damage - how does it work with my minion damage ? Does "spell damage" bonuce do any good?

3: *At some point all Familiar are dying at the same time, it happens one about 20-30 minutes i think. Do they have a life time? They are for shure not killed as they all drop dead simultaneously, even ones not fighting.

4: *I`v noticed, they can fly over some obsticles and sometimes stack on each other. May be it is a behavior of any "flying" minion, but for me it is a big plus, as they can fit in a narrow corridor and attack at the same time.

5: P.S. I was confused looking for "Familiar" section but geting some strage outdated sorcerer minion. And why are they called familiars anyway? They looks like battle gargoyles. Ad better if they inherit all your staff be like your shadow copies...

1: Yes, the tooltip should really tell us more. *looks at devs*

2.1: Since the batstrike tooltip does not indicate any fancy extra-features aside from ways and perfect beeing inheritance we should assume that they function like "normal" summons in all other respects. Meaning that their elemental stats (flat ele dmg, pierce, spelldmg) do not scale with enhanced minion damage. Enhanced minion dmg should, however, increase their base dmg (which we don't know about since it is missing from the tooltip)

2.2: The spell damage they get from ways should enhance their ways flat elemental dmg, since they are using melee attacks. Your character stacking spelldamage has no effect, since the bats don't inherit this stat. Minions don't inherit any stats that are not specified in their tooltip (see druid harvesters for comparison).

3: The devs wrote somewhere that this is an engine limitation. The bats have a timer because the charges (the orbs flying around your feet) also have a timer. They made it really long (the 20 minutes you mentioned) so that you don't have to resummon too often.

4: (I think) they have the same AI that bat-type monsters have. That is where their strange movement behavior comes from.

5: Yes, there was a sorceress summon with the same name.

Kirikiroa wrote:... Ad better if they inherit all your staff be like your shadow copies...

What?

I also tried a summon assassin a while back but I quit around lvl 115. How far have you gotten?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Summon assasin pairs nicely with VeilKing oskill shield roll. Easy 200k life tank with good slow.

It's very nice to get blink CD down to like 2 seconds. You'll use it constantly, and it stuns. It's a must-have for summon-sin.
Kirikiroa
Invader
8 | 0
Splargh wrote:
Kirikiroa wrote:
Kirikiroa wrote:... Ad better if they inherit all your staff be like your shadow copies...

What?

I also tried a summon assassin a while back but I quit around lvl 115. How far have you gotten?

In original Diablo LoD, assassin have a skill to create her copies, that uses her skills. As in median they rework the skills, and "Familiars" get your Ways passive and your Being, it sounds like they are "copying" you. And also modmakers have mechanic that gives your stats to minions (like harvesters or elemental-tio oskills). So my idea it would be nice if it was just a summoning skill, not a charged strike, but with scaling of your actual weapon/strength/dex or something like that. It would be a unique melee summon, that actualy cares about your weapon, and you could get some intrestiong interactions with procs or unique weapons.

I`m 123 now, doing rifts and doungeons, works pretty well. Except for realy stuped 2 charges 1 strike resummon mechanics< and it would be fine for a pure damaging skill that just scale it dmg or aoe or may be a number of projectiles form number of charges, and have like 25 of them. First you charge your 25 stacks - then release hell.

About 20 min. timer! Thats why summonign should be a separate skill.
Kirikiroa
Invader
8 | 0
Semigloss wrote:Summon assasin pairs nicely with VeilKing oskill shield roll. Easy 200k life tank with good slow.

It's very nice to get blink CD down to like 2 seconds. You'll use it constantly, and it stuns. It's a must-have for summon-sin.

I thought where to put my skill points, besides obvious - Batstrike-Ways-Being-Prismatic. As i use warp blink a lot, i`ll think of leveling it up.
Other candidates where Refuge or Anathema, but Anathema does not scale as a deffencivve buff, 1 point is enougth.

Thanks for advice, i`ll try to use the shield.

And one more question. If i have 2 Hellfeasts, will summon familiars, then swap my weapon, i will loose +30 to Batstrike, but my summons are already out, so their stats won`t change? Am i right?
Kirikiroa
Invader
8 | 0
May I ask why are you so hell-bent on summonsin? :)
Sadly the bats have great potential but their AI is... well flying striking monster, so as you get your ass kicked they mostly hang out on the edge.[/quote]

I just like summoning playstyle. Played PoE, Diablo LoD, Titan Quest as a summoner, but i realy have "undead or ressurected" - type. 2 main summoners being Necro and Barb, both summons spirits and undead. Druid is more of a caster with minions as a buff-shield, Amazon kills her own minions, so tried Paladin, Sorc and Assassin. For me Assassin was the best of them, just liked her style and skill kit more.