XBOW Necro (1.1)

New_Fag
Acid Prince
47 | 1
I've only recently played median for the past 2 weeks, last time i played was in 2012 and xbow nec was my main dunc farmer. Is necro not really a solid option for dunc farming with how the new current layout is?
Zalll
Acid Prince
48 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
the desync will kill you untill you got decent clearspeed
Shade
|
nikolaipka wrote:I don't like skill that require body for cast. Its not my skill.

I assume this means Death Shards - if so, I think you may be missing a trick by not using it.

It's like Corpse Explosion in old d2 which was just about the most powerful skill in the game. It seems pretty powerful in this game too (but my xbow necro is only level 31 atm). Once you get 1 corpse you can get many just by exploding it. If not, having 1 point in sacrifices gives you a lot of them and by the time you're done blowing them up, Sacrifices is off cooldown.

I'm not sure if it's good enough as a 1-pointer since the radius and damage seems the same with +skills and going from level 6 to 7 only adds 1 bolt (goes from 39 to 40 bolts) - but all those can add up to a lot by the time you add 30 shards. Hmmm. Has anyone done any testing on that?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
there's a build arround that here : viewtopic.php?f=40&t=491#link38
Shade
|
Thanks that looks a reasonable approach. I see you maxed DS (if I understand the old-version skill tree correctly) - so I guess you don't think it works at 1-point, even late game with +skills?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
it does work as 1-pointer in end game , but more shards = more overall damage delt , so why not max it + there's no other place where you need to dump points . they are 2 different builds , 2 different approaches .
Shade
|
ChuckNoRis wrote:it does work as 1-pointer in end game , but more shards = more overall damage delt , so why not max it + there's no other place where you need to dump points . they are 2 different builds , 2 different approaches .

Hehe you said "nowhere else to put them" just as I was going to edit my previous post to ask why no Flayers - isn't it a bit squishy without them? Is it worth thinking about shifting some points from DS over to S.Flayers?

Btw I'm not criticising, I'm just asking questions (I'm not in a position to critique anyone's build at level 30-odd!). If the kill speed is so high that you don't need shields then that would be good to know.

When I set out I meant to max flayers, frag shot, DS and Famine. Then Death Ward as 90 skill. Maybe some in Dragonfire Oil. Then rest in Embalming. Obvious 1-pointers such as graveyard, Sacrifices.

Not sure if I'll have enough points for all the possible useful skills - prob can have only one of flayers vs dragnfire oil? Downside of flayers I guess is that you need to give them minionlife and resists although you get a bit from charms.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i repeat : they are totaly different builds with 2 different approaches . mine does not use any summons , it does not need them . it is tanky enough without them , he kills fast enough without them , he fights vs heavy slowed opponents via Chronofield . if you want a minion build/hybrid , then you'd better use Widowmaker and this guide while you're at it , if not , you can go for my approach . mixing them does not help . your minions will die like flies without dedicated gear
LewisD
Invader
8 | 0
pros over totem or summoner?
ItsRippingTime
Fallen
1 | 0
I'm using something similar that lets me farm D TA safely and with terrible gear.

Smax widowmaker, and rampagor (which is far easier to click than the flayer summon)
the rest of the points can go into passives

Then get some more reanimates ontop of the rathma preists to block arrows (use sacrafices to get the ball rolling if you are really weak)
then simply summon your rampagor and cast widowmaker on him as he walks forward killing everything before its even on-screen while you hide behind reanimates to block stray arrows.