Naginata Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Jitan, Come On
Pit Knight
115 | 7
Broadside has cooldown, its more of a boss nuke kinda thing. Use crucify.
Ebabanel
Skeleton
3 | 0
Where do you put skill points after lvl 140, playing "Final Physical set up" ?
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Ebabanel wrote:Where do you put skill points after lvl 140, playing "Final Physical set up" ?

There's nothing relevent sadly. shadow refuge is nice (reminder that labs is better done with 60 physical resists because of a curse reducing by 10). I also like vampiric icon myslef

Miothan wrote:As someone who has never played Assassin before in Median XL, i am slightly confused as to what skill i am supposed to use as main killer while leveling, im guessing it's Broadside, but that requires level 35, what skill would be good to use until i hit 35?

Main skill for normal/Nightmare are Crucify, Barrier Strike and Broadside (when you can/are against a tanky enemy), For rifts Hades Gates start to shine so you throw crucify away and use that instead.
dRr0x0rZZ
Pit Knight
116 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
helve13 wrote:Hi, are you try this build in lab? How far did you reach in lab, I tried this build because I think it could be good for lab and bosses

You may want the
Black Ice
Black Ice
Halberd (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 71 to 100
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 70
Required Dexterity: 558
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Innate Cold Damage:
(45.0% of Vitality)
Area Effect Attack
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+(10 to 15) to Assassin Skill Levels
200% Bonus to Attack Rating
20% Innate Elemental Damage
-30% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(3 to 9) to Whirlpool
Maximum Elemental Resists +(1 to 2)%
+5 Life on Striking
Socketed (6)
variant for progressing further in labs. Much more expensive, not SSF, but can push.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This is a dumb question but does the vitality bonus from Arkaine's Valor add all of that cold damage to Black Ice? Since it has the stat "45% of Vitality added as innate cold damage". Could this be a viable armor for labs?
nanaeverlasting
Destroyer
6 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I have had the opportunity to play around with a Storm Blade. I'm having a hard time figuring out how much I should commit to playing Broadside Phys vs. Hades Elemental--I figure that with Storm Blade, I'm missing a decent chunk of flat elemental damage that Tempest otherwise has access to with its massive + to the Ways. Is it worth stacking ele pierce at the cost of %Dex or +Flat physical?

my nagi sin btw (a WIP 2 days old at the time of posting)
https://tsw.vn.cz/char/NanaNagi
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
eurekaaaa wrote:This is a dumb question but does the vitality bonus from Arkaine's Valor add all of that cold damage to Black Ice? Since it has the stat "45% of Vitality added as innate cold damage". Could this be a viable armor for labs?

It work, but the bonus is very small because Nagi doesn't have much "total character defense", and the small bit it has come from Laserblade, which doesn't goes well with a vit scaling build at all. Again I'm no Black Ice expert, but I don't think
Hellfire Plate

Hellfire Plate
Body Armors

'IgnJahGurRhal'
Runeword Level: 115
+1% Innate Elemental Damage per 250 Strength and Dexterity
15% Chance to cast level 9 Life Spark on Melee Attack
20% Attack Speed
+250 Fire Damage
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(1 to 2)%
Fire Resist +(10 to 20)%
Lightning Resist +(10 to 20)%
Cold Resist +(10 to 20)%
Poison Resist +(10 to 20)%
Physical Resist (7 to 10)%
can be topped.

nanaeverlasting wrote:I have had the opportunity to play around with a Storm Blade. I'm having a hard time figuring out how much I should commit to playing Broadside Phys vs. Hades Elemental--I figure that with Storm Blade, I'm missing a decent chunk of flat elemental damage that Tempest otherwise has access to with its massive + to the Ways. Is it worth stacking ele pierce at the cost of %Dex or +Flat physical?

my nagi sin btw (a WIP 2 days old at the time of posting)
https://tsw.vn.cz/char/NanaNagi

My idea of Storm Blade would be to use the same way as tempest, 3 ways + Hades Gates + melee devotion style. The good part would be easy poison pierce, way more physical damage, and more mobility with pounce, compared to Tempest. But as you said with less +skills. The thing is, I'm sure that for playing purely physical, Frysturgard is as good, so this weapon has to be made a proper Hybrid, dedicacted to speedfarming.
I'd be curious to try Storm Blade to see if it can be made to work outside of Fauzt and lower, say for Scosglen. If by chance you don't mind if I could borrow it for a few hours for a few tg (let's say 20 or something), I'd be happy to try and share the results. Not now tho because I'll be busy in the next 4 days :mrgreen:

For your char, I'd say Lacuni cowl is useless with every other parts focused on phy. With either Dark Pact for farm and whitchhunter for bosses, and Savage gloves, you"ll have a boost already if that's the direction you wanna go. If elemental, just by maxing ways, changing the amulet for a quov tsin and putting a few taha runes in gear, it work already, the rest can be focused on physical.
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi, thank you for this guide. Despite i play claw and not naginata, your explanation of all assasin skills and detailed guide to boss battles are super useful :)
Diabloevenger
Monkey King
285 | 0
What kind of leech do we use? on hit or actual leech?
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Diabloevenger wrote:What kind of leech do we use? on hit or actual leech?

"Life stolen per hit" is actual leech and proc with every physical damage done with a weapon, and so is by far the best fo Naginata. Life on melee attack isn't as good and proc every melee swing, so doesn't work with Hades Gates and Broadside. "life on kill" isn't bad either but less efficient than normal leech. (Not to mention Bloodbath gives enough of that already)
Generally speaking, Life on melee attack is used by Melee Elemental builds, and life on kill by casters, as their only option. We can use all, but leech is better.