Naginata Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Lynderika wrote:
Captcha wrote:Physical levelling build says 0 strength. How do you manage to put 0 strength before charms - stay in T1 gear?

Also, I can't see how Hades Gate ever gets to be spammable - even with Bloodbath up it has a 5 second cd?

It's been quite long since I leveled a phy naginata, It might be that the tu list and stats need are a bit different now. Elemental doesn't need dex as much so is much freer in that aspect and can just take the needed strenght, but phy get lots of damage from laserblade and dex scaling. So I'm not sure how it should be done now, especially with toorcs req being highened again.
Did you put points in momentum? That's needed to spam Hades Gate. It's likely that you'll unlock it later.

Apologies, I was being dense with the second question - I was actually looking in the wrong place for the upgrade skill. Doh.

Good to know that I'm not missing anything on the strength thing. And I hadn't noticed the Toorc's thing, thanks, I'll have to look at glove options again then.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Haareis
Haareis
Diadem (4)

Defense: 36 to 80
Required Level: 10
Required Dexterity: 28
Item Level: 1
1% Chance to cast level 1 Shackles of Ice on Melee Attack
Adds 5-7 Cold Damage
(2 to 4)% Life stolen per Hit
(4 to 6)% to Strength
(4 to 6)% to Dexterity
(4 to 6)% to Vitality
Cold Resist +(16 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: 103 to 194
Required Level: 28
Required Dexterity: 57
Item Level: 31
2% Chance to cast level 5 Shackles of Ice on Melee Attack
Adds 18-20 Cold Damage
(8 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
(7 to 9)% to Strength
(7 to 9)% to Dexterity
(7 to 9)% to Vitality
Cold Resist +(36 to 45)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: 215 to 386
Required Level: 46
Required Dexterity: 137
Item Level: 51
3% Chance to cast level 9 Shackles of Ice on Melee Attack
Adds 55-65 Cold Damage
(14 to 16)% Life stolen per Hit
(10 to 12)% to Strength
(10 to 12)% to Dexterity
(10 to 12)% to Vitality
Cold Resist +(56 to 65)%
Socketed (3)
Defense: 296 to 523
Required Level: 54
Required Dexterity: 294
Item Level: 77
4% Chance to cast level 11 Shackles of Ice on Melee Attack
Adds 175-190 Cold Damage
(17 to 19)% Life stolen per Hit
(13 to 15)% to Strength
(13 to 15)% to Dexterity
(13 to 15)% to Vitality
Cold Resist +(66 to 75)%
Socketed (4)
can be easily tiered to your level since it has Dex req… use 5x Strength MO on this. The other armors should just be T3 until you have some charms / signets. You can use -req MOs and jewels to bring one down, then also MO that for strength to enable the rest.
The phys build starts feeling pretty weak by mid Hell though with T4 Nagi, you’ll need a good craft, or Fryst… or just switch to ele ;)
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Hey man, I seem to have hit a bit of a wall with some of the 125 ubers specifically Spirit World and Nymir's Light

I actually was using a fryustgard setup but got lucky and got the full serpent set and bought a sots so decided to try the psn build. is my damage just too low for these ubers or is this just me not playing the uberquests right? here is my character https://tsw.vn.cz/char/CasualAssassin

thanks!

edit: right now im doing laz attempts so my gear might look weird, also cant you not use 1pt incineration trap to clear toems now without disabling all other skills because subterfuge is a prerequisite?
Edited by shnurr214 1 year.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I’ve never used the set, personally. Do you have 165+ psn pierce?

Poison is pretty good against Giuya specifically, because it continues to damage it even when it drops one of those things on the ground. The nagi set bonus doesn’t look amazing to me… you might be better off with the full Wyrd set (belt + boots) for the extra 25 psn pierce.

Attana Khan has a ton of life so you need to be doing very good damage.

Personally I’ve only played with Zular Khans so maybe someone else can chime in with better insight :)

PS - the poison build is suggested in the OP as a farming build only, not for bossing
footprint_pipp
Stygian Watcher
41 | 2
Ele>phys?
Diabloevenger
Monkey King
285 | 0
footprint_pipp wrote:Ele>phys?

ele best lab, since black ice is based off vita, only catch is you NEED solitude for survivability
FAXme
Vampiress
39 | 1
Hi guys. Im playng nagi Black Ice. my build median-xl.com/char/lena .
I wonder how can i raise my dmge?
My strat now replace Ruby - Lew.
Maybe i miss some thing?
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
FAXme wrote:Hi guys. Im playng nagi Black Ice. my build median-xl.com/char/lena .
I wonder how can i raise my dmge?
My strat now replace Ruby - Lew.
Maybe i miss some thing?

I'm no expert but one thing is that black ice will never be especially amazing damage, but there's many improvements you can do

-I recommand you check the set up willan did some time ago for gear ideas, it seems way better : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=76781
-Cold blood on swap for banish
-you seem pretty low on attack rating
-Obviously biggest point ; Black ice start to shine after many umos, especially periapt of life. need more. Farnhams on the weapon probably were a mistake too, especially since you're low on ar. For more regen solitudes are the way to go
-Anathema can be used with broadside for a bit more ied
-Specialization for -1s cd broadside will help damage
FAXme
Vampiress
39 | 1
Thank You, thank you, thank you!

One more question - Divine Judgment: Need attack raiting/trigger Solitude?
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Lynd! I love your guide, and the Boss/Dungeon section has been a very good quick reference to ensure I have correct resists, etc.

However, I suggest including something about Mefis (Nephalem's Sacrifice quest) in your Boss/Dungeons section.

I learned the hard way in HC, that Mefis has an attack which instantly removes >15k life even with 90% cold resist, maxed Prismatic Cloak, etc. It's a 1-hit KO to almost every character. My character with 60 hours of gameplay, full 15,224 HP, was instantly killed by Mefis without any sort of visual or audio cue

► Video of my HC char being erased by Mefis

► Video of my fully charmed 90 res lvl 150 Assassin testing Mefis

I just added the info to the HC Tips page.