Naginata Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Lynderika wrote:I did say a lot of part of Nagi come to personnal preference, but to see my exact opposite xD Dude here I am, wanting more options to put points into because I don't like having my remaining in way of the Gryphon, and a dev come and say ways should be more explored and are half the build... To me ways litteraly just are a "get ez fauzt" option 8-) Nothing more. Also my experience with spider is very limited, as I only used it to level until 120 before 1.6. After that it seemed really not enough without pierce, and since I always were SSF... I did not try it. I mentionned poison spec thanks to you when you talked about it, but I really, really am not convinced myself. Fauzt farming feel super good with just gryphon, phoenix, and ZKT. Fryst + poison seem so far for me, but I'd really like to see how it do when properly setted up.

My goal with this guide was more to share my experiences, so merc section for exemple is not extremely detailled because I only talked about what I used and why, not every possibilities. In that regard the vietnamese guide is better, I'll put a link to it. Also again you go the opposite way, saying "who need bloodmage when we have spider" when I use bloodmage exactly because I don't use it xD I did mentionned it so it should be fine, probably. As for lab mercs, I have not tried them for now, when I do I'll sure add it if I found that bear useful.

That black ice lore is pretty cool, I kinda wondered why cold when it had nothing to do with anything in the kit, look like it's exactly why it was chosen this way !
I do think and mentionned it's a cool defensive option, the life on striking is pretty sick and more consistant than it initially look like, and all stats are good, seeing someone kill samael with it surprised me but I kinda understand. I'll probably put a mention about super end game defensive option for labs and sam. I only talked about damage in my reply because it's what were asked, but do not underestimate the defensive aspect, don't worry.

I do have a mention about how Nagi is one of the best classes for Laz (only pala is better from what I heard, is it that?), As for snake pit... as you can imagine with my affiliation with spider it's kinda weird. I see the good stats, but in the end I only consider the fact that you lose whirlpool for Hyena Strike, and am not exactly sure when it end up useful. Maybe sam but that's loosing so much gear space I'm not even sure.

Oh yeah, and I think the guide is great. Nagi is quite a journey, I am not saying anything in the guide is "wrong", just merely sharing my experience in hopes you could try it out and have nice results in the future.

Regarding WotS, I think the issue is here: it seemed really not enough without pierce - poison pierce is the easiest of all pierces to cap and you most definitely want it at 135 for wots fauzt. What's great about poison is whatever mob you hit will eventually die, therefore the % of mobs killed in a farm session is generally a lot higher than other elements. It also makes an amazing combination with %slow, as you can leave a mob "doomed to death" as you move to a diff mob and wait for the first mob drops.

Keep up the good work :)
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Well easy easy... It's a SSF run you know, Scales of the spider will not drop randomly eh
For slow I agree, it's a very big stat and snowsquall sure are my favorite gloves, it feel super good everywhere
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You don't even need sots to make poison work, it's only 35 pierce. Free pierce from passive, No runes, charms, and
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Amulet

Required Level: 90
Item Level: 123
2% Chance to cast level 33 Punisher Bolt on Striking
+(0 to 2) to All Skills
+(11 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage
-(6 to 15)% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)
puts you at a quite high amount already. Combined with some rare/crafts that have innate poison pierce in affix pool like gloves/belt/jewelry or even weapon and you should be mostly good to go.

For those that may be trading or get lucky finding these, I would also recommend:
Darkling
Darkling
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: (1677 - 1879) to (1776 - 1989)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 115
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
(15 to 45)% Movement Speed
(7 to 12)% Life stolen per Hit
+(6 to 15)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(141 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
-100 to Life
Socketed (4)

Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)

Viper Skin
Viper Skin
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (2860 - 3204) to (3036 - 3402)
Required Strength:
30% Attack Speed
(51 to 75)% Bonus to Attack Rating
-(11 to 20)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Slow Target (3 to 8)%
Requirements -33%
Socketed (2)

Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)

Skull of the Viz-Jaq'taar
Skull Cap (Sacred)

Defense: 746 to 789
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Scorpion Blade: +2 Projectiles
5% Chance to cast level 40 Scorpion Blade on Kill
+(0 to 1) to Assassin Skill Levels
-(21 to 30)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
-500 Defense
+50 to Dexterity
(11 to 20)% to Dexterity
20% Magic Find
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)
(rarer)

You don't need their pierce to play poison, using these just gives you more room for different sockets, like jewels.
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Marco wrote:You don't even need sots to make poison work, it's only 35 pierce. Free pierce from passive, No runes, charms, and
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Amulet

Required Level: 90
Item Level: 123
2% Chance to cast level 33 Punisher Bolt on Striking
+(0 to 2) to All Skills
+(11 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage

Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)
puts you at a quite high amount already. Combined with some rare/crafts that have innate poison pierce in affix pool like gloves/belt/jewelry or even weapon and you should be mostly good to go.

For those that may be trading or get lucky finding these, I would also recommend:
Darkling
Darkling
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: (1677 - 1879) to (1776 - 1989)
Required Strength: 550
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
(15 to 45)% Movement Speed
(7 to 12)% Life stolen per Hit
+(6 to 15)% to Poison Spell Damage
-100 to Life
Socketed (4)

Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)

Viper Skin
Viper Skin
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (2860 - 3204) to (3036 - 3402)
Required Strength:
30% Attack Speed
(51 to 75)% Bonus to Attack Rating
-(11 to 20)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Slow Target (3 to 8)%
Requirements -33%
Socketed (2)

Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)

Skull Cap (Sacred)

Defense: 746 to 789
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Scorpion Blade: +2 Projectiles
5% Chance to cast level 40 Scorpion Blade on Kill
+(0 to 1) to Assassin Skill Levels
-(21 to 30)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
-500 Defense
+50 to Dexterity
(11 to 20)% to Dexterity
20% Magic Find
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)
(rarer)

You don't need their pierce to cap it, using these just gives you more room for different sockets, like jewels.

Guess what, I already have the full astrogha set, all in my merc xD I'll try out some of his gear later, thanks
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nice, personally I never tried the full set as I only got 2 pieces. I would generally recommend using either 1 piece (amulet) or all 3, as you don't get extra pierce in the 2-part bonus. Unless you get really good pierce rolls in which case sometimes using 2 pieces can be worth. Otherwise, endless loop & windrunner are a bit hard to beat.

BTW. keep in mind using wots just means getting psn pierce as efficiently as possible, otherwise it's built just like phys nagi (which also makes gear swap much easier).
Uubie
Ice Clan
559 | 7
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Legendary Auction Badge
Won 500 auctions
You convinced me to try for once a SSF build as nagi! :-)
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What would a ZKT fauzt farming build look like? Max ways, laserblade and perf being, leave prismatic cloak at 1? Where do you get the necessary pierce if you don't have access to Bad Mood?
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Diaco wrote:What would a ZKT fauzt farming build look like? Max ways, laserblade and perf being, leave prismatic cloak at 1? Where do you get the necessary pierce if you don't have access to Bad Mood?

For ZKT farming I use what I called in the skills section an "hybrid set up". Max only Gryphon, Phoenix, broadside and Laserblade (1 in spider). I have no idea if leaving prismatic cloak at 1 or maxing it and removing some Perfect being point is better, but I did the latter.
My second video I posted in the fauzt section showcase this set up, it look like this once setted up a little bit (lvl 139, most charms, some trophies...), it's a very active playstyle, consisting of moving from pack to pack every 4 seconds and doing the combo broadside, backstab, active buffs, spam Hades Gates, blink in to the next pack and repeat. Every 4 seconds. I'm not sure if it's the best of the best efficiency whise since every other nagi I see have ridiculously good gear, and my experience doesn't help. Also it's so fun like this :mrgreen: Spamming that much is so cool
Tempest and ways alone give about 100% pierce, it's enough to be comfortable. Lacuni cowl is kinda common and help, otherwise the only option is -res runes I guess. I did not test going to 135 and feel the difference, maybe it's huge.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Lynderika wrote:
Diaco wrote:What would a ZKT fauzt farming build look like? Max ways, laserblade and perf being, leave prismatic cloak at 1? Where do you get the necessary pierce if you don't have access to Bad Mood?

For ZKT farming I use what I called in the skills section an "hybrid set up". Max only Gryphon, Phoenix, broadside and Laserblade (1 in spider). I have no idea if leaving prismatic cloak at 1 or maxing it and removing some Perfect being point is better, but I did the latter.
My second video I posted in the fauzt section showcase this set up, it look like this once setted up a little bit (lvl 139, most charms, some trophies...), it's a very active playstyle, consisting of moving from pack to pack every 4 seconds and doing the combo broadside, backstab, active buffs, spam Hades Gates, blink in to the next pack and repeat. Every 4 seconds. I'm not sure if it's the best of the best efficiency whise since every other nagi I see have ridiculously good gear, and my experience doesn't help. Also it's so fun like this :mrgreen: Spamming that much is so cool
Tempest and ways alone give about 100% pierce, it's enough to be comfortable. Lacuni cowl is kinda common and help, otherwise the only option is -res runes I guess. I did not test going to 135 and feel the difference, maybe it's huge.

Nice, what did you put on your ZKT sockets?
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Diaco wrote:Nice, what did you put on your ZKT sockets?

Jah runes, I still like having a little bit of physical damage, even if it's not a lot. Again maybe some pierce is better but to me having both elemental and some phy feel the best