Naginata Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
TTraw wrote:Pretty fun build overall, only level 107 but didnt expect it to be so sturdy and strong.

I have few questions tho, most are cuz I don't want to waste my respecs:
    1. Will Anathema and Subterfuge disable the Broadside?
    2. Will this build underperform without Hades Gate? I hate this ability's entire existence.
    3. If Backstab is dealing 200% damage, isnt it better to keep it as 1p and use it as main attack or does barrier strike outperform it in killspeed?
    4. Is Shred's bonus Crushing Blow added to only the QoB? (It says 30% CB to ALL attacks so I am assuming it boost everything?)
    5. Shadow Dancer says its bonus Bloodbath duration depends on character level. How big is the increase at highish lvl? Is it worth picking this maybe as a 1pointer?

Hello !
1 - No, Broadside work with "only allow melee" affix, it only has an interaction with melee devotion, due to Nagi having enough defensive layers already.
2 - It will in very dense zones, the more enemies there is on the screen the better Hades Shines. Fauzt and Viz jun especially will underperform, as well as Legion of the Damned, and a few others.
3 - Nope, because Barrier Strike heavily multihit while Backstab really simply is a boosted auto attack.
4 - Crushing blow is added to the character, so it's a decent bonus. (far from amazing though, most of the time it's better to keep normal queen of blades for it's attack speed and duration)
5 - Shadow dancer line is fake, it stay at 0.2 sec per points, 5 more seconds when maxed. Your only hope of keeping bloodbath comfortably only is
Dark Pact
Dark Pact
Circlet (Sacred)

Defense: 505 to 571
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 262
Item Level: 120
Bloodbath Is Active
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
40% Combat Speeds
5% Chance to Avoid Damage
Maximum Avoid Chance +5%
Socketed (4)
; which make it always there. It's the favorite item of many nagi players haha

_____

Oh by the way, I did not make a new post but the guide has been updated for 2.2 ! A few videos are still outdated, Baal, Astrogha, Laz, Kingdom of shadow and Samael (That I will try again soon) I believe. But every others and their info should be up to date. Here's every of the new 2.2 videos I took if you're ever curious : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... MJimfxLkvP
Edited by Lynderika 2 years.
Pinjoo
Invader
8 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
so i found
Storm Blade
Storm Blade
Naginata (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 378 to (751 - 850)
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 125
Required Dexterity: 548
Item Level: 130
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Ethereal
Area Effect Attack
20% Chance to cast level 13 Javelin Nova on Kill
100% Hit Recovery
+(301 to 400) to Maximum Damage
-50% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(3 to 9) to Pounce
50% to Dexterity
75% Magic Find
-5 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
, what skills do you recommend for this?
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
Lynderika wrote:1 - No, Broadside work with "only allow melee" affix, it only has an interaction with melee devotion, due to Nagi having enough defensive layers already.

Oooo do you think it's worth 1pointing Anathema for that elemental dmg debuff? How about getting Forger's Hegemony passive for that extra sustain?
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
TTraw wrote:
Lynderika wrote:1 - No, Broadside work with "only allow melee" affix, it only has an interaction with melee devotion, due to Nagi having enough defensive layers already.

Oooo do you think it's worth 1pointing Anathema for that elemental dmg debuff? How about getting Forger's Hegemony passive for that extra sustain?

Forger's work as well, nice thinking. But it take too many points in general, because as an full on elemental build you want points into some ways at least, and physical builds regen enough. 1 point anathema if you play 100% ele Zular khan or Black Ice is recommanded yeah.

Pinjoo wrote:so i found
Storm Blade
Storm Blade
Naginata (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 378 to (751 - 850)
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 125
Required Dexterity: 548
Item Level: 130
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Ethereal
Area Effect Attack
20% Chance to cast level 13 Javelin Nova on Kill
100% Hit Recovery
+(301 to 400) to Maximum Damage
-50% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(3 to 9) to Pounce
50% to Dexterity
75% Magic Find
-5 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
, what skills do you recommend for this?

Max all ways and zoom zoom farming zones with pounce and Hades Gates, that's probably the fastest fauzt farmer possible as nagi. However for higher level zone I'm not sure if the elemental damage can keep up so no idea how it would play.
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
TTraw wrote:

Not positive off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure Anathema carries a clvl scaling -EWD% modifier so it shouldn't be used if you're dealing any significant physical damage, only with elemental bases/weapons like black ice.
McFudge
Imp
4 | 0
Is the description for "Beacon" and "Doom" still viable in your guide?

Beacon "Detonates Traps"--> do i have any trap?
Doom is 15Points... why? Isnt it good at lvl1?

Im still leveling and my Backstab got a Cooldown and i cant attack with it anymore, is this right?

Thx for the guide and thx for the help :-)
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
McFudge wrote:Is the description for "Beacon" and "Doom" still viable in your guide?

Beacon "Detonates Traps"--> do i have any trap?
Doom is 15Points... why? Isnt it good at lvl1?

Im still leveling and my Backstab got a Cooldown and i cant attack with it anymore, is this right?

Thx for the guide and thx for the help :-)

Hello and welcome
Beacon is only used for the 20% movement speed, we don't mind the trap synergy thing. Doom with 1 point only reduce enemy magic resist by 6% and add small damage, so I tend to prioritze movement speed for early game. But Doom can be used just fine as well, especially with the very recent buff from a few days ago. Maybe it's very much worth to use now.
Backstab on cd is perfect to use once after each Broadside. You can also use it defensively by getting immune a bit in a dangerous situation, but it isn't a strong attack at level 1.

Good luck !
Edited by Lynderika 2 years.
McFudge
Imp
4 | 0
Thx for the clearance... just struggling a bit in hell. but a friendly member of the community gives me a good start...--> Frysturgard
McFudge
Imp
4 | 0
Hey... i got another question. How can i get so much Strength? I have the "Endless Loop" but its at 550 Str
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
McFudge wrote:Hey... i got another question. How can i get so much Strength? I have the "Endless Loop" but its at 550 Str

If 2 -10% requirements jewels and your charms aren't enough, I'd say it's too early to equip it, generally.
It's also possible to get help from items such as
Mercy
Mercy
Gloves

'LewElq'
Runeword Level: 110
10% Chance to cast level 18 Punishers on Melee Attack
10% Combat Speeds
+(59 to 69) to Maximum Damage
+26 Defense
+(151 to 200) to Strength
(15 to 20)% to Vitality
(in T4 gloves) or high +attributes rings/amulets, things like that.