Naginata Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Ikafati wrote:
Yea, you have a crazy crafted nagi, my fryst can't really compare :D. Didn't have much luck crafting, so had to pay up

Fryst is for sure slightly better than my rare so it doesn't come from that

Jampula wrote:Whats your take on Whirlpool generally nowadays? It got nerfed pretty much and seems like Backstab, Broadside and Crucify are way better. I'm still just levelling so my comment doesn't have much worth.

I think you really can feel the damage reduction, in the end the skill become more like a good way to leech than the perfect melee attack it was before. It's still strong overall and especially for stationnary target of course, and in some places I still use it, but in nagi case the new barrier strike is perfect for most content now anyway.
afgusto
Prowler
17 | 1
Baal seems extreeeeeeemely difficult - I deal zero damage to ads and once a boss is summoned it's over. For the life of me I cannot get a sacred Naginata to drop (seems like even simple ones don't drop anymore, but it is an usual BS part of being SSF, I have found 5 sacred Warp Blades and couldn't get a single one when I played melee Sorc), anyway just needed to vent somewhere, maybe I will be able to do him one day :)

Lynderika I wanted to ask what buff are you using (the bee icon), I tried to find out but I cannot find what is that skill anywhere, thanks!
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
afgusto wrote:Baal seems extreeeeeeemely difficult - I deal zero damage to ads and once a boss is summoned it's over. For the life of me I cannot get a sacred Naginata to drop (seems like even simple ones don't drop anymore, but it is an usual BS part of being SSF, I have found 5 sacred Warp Blades and couldn't get a single one when I played melee Sorc), anyway just needed to vent somewhere, maybe I will be able to do him one day :)

Lynderika I wanted to ask what buff are you using (the bee icon), I tried to find out but I cannot find what is that skill anywhere, thanks!

Just to confirm, your situation really does rarely happen, I think not dropping a sacred nagi by that time only happend once to me, and oh boy I did many runs.
Make sure to dodge most of his spells, by moving enough and with sin high avoid there shouldn'd be many summons. You can also use whirlpool only for them to help clear a little I guess. Good luck !

For quite some time my only good amulet was
Klaatu Barada Nikto
Klaatu Barada Nikto
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
30% Enhanced Damage vs. Necrobots
10% Chance to cast level 40 Nova Bomb on Melee Attack
+2 to All Skills
25% Attack Speed
Adds 1-188 Lightning Damage
+650 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
Stun Attack
+(11 to 16) to Hive
Lightning Resist +(40 to 50)%
Poison Resist +(40 to 50)%
, so the buff I often have is Hive, I was pretty surprised to see it having weapon damage now, but the buff is still barely noticable
aska771
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Hi Lynderika, do me a favor , would you please share your hotkey and skill settings if you can take a picture is perfect. Thanks.
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Huh sure, here's my current one
► Show Spoiler
Notice that I'm using an azerty keyboard so not sure if it help
Usually I'm using beacon and not doom, so with beacon on f1 and queen of blade(shred) on S instead. Also, when leveling I use crucify on w instead of purify. And whirlpool take the R instead of charged strike if I have it.
C & V are my only free spots, usually it's for Bloodlust or some other buff or useful situational thing
Yepsi
Destroyer
7 | 0
Once you find black ice how should my skills look? More for farming spec or single? also is it worth dumping into vit once you have black ice?
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Yepsi wrote:Once you find black ice how should my skills look? More for farming spec or single? also is it worth dumping into vit once you have black ice?

I have no experience with black Ice myself, sorry. But I can say this ; yes specing to vit is the whole point, and you get attack rating from mo. The item is interesting to use only in labs and against sam, so obviously you'd want a defensive set up, more looking like the first one I show and not the hades gate farming one, you should ignore hades gate entierely even. Need to go for anathema too, and maybe Phase bomb, not sure about that one tho. Also invest in ways instead of laserblade, this is 1 point now.

No idea about specifics as again I never tried it, just saw what people played with last season. I might try later this one though !
gloat
Prowler
15 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
if it was just the black ice and whirlpool nerfs I think we would be ok. the problem now is that broadside is a "projectile" and thus taking anethema will disable use of broadside (haven't tested but I believe this is true). combine that with enchant scrolls being removed in 2.0 which means no more dark power helm enchant/dark power relic stacking for innate weapon damage. I have a black ice, but I haven't actually tested the spec to 100% confirm my theory but I think black ice is completely dead now unless you want to run around without broadside and mediocre damage. I will give an update when I finally get around to properly testing it though.
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
Would be nice if this game allows binding keys to mouses’ side buttons. My mouse has 3 extra buttons on the side which should make a nice share from left hand’s burden.
gloat
Prowler
15 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
chickenfeeder wrote:Would be nice if this game allows binding keys to mouses’ side buttons. My mouse has 3 extra buttons on the side which should make a nice share from left hand’s burden.

what you can do is run a program like x-button mouse control or autohotkey to rebind your side buttons to unused keyboard keys and then assign those binds ingame.