Naginata Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
gloat wrote:
chickenfeeder wrote:Would be nice if this game allows binding keys to mouses’ side buttons. My mouse has 3 extra buttons on the side which should make a nice share from left hand’s burden.

what you can do is run a program like x-button mouse control or autohotkey to rebind your side buttons to unused keyboard keys and then assign those binds ingame.

oh thanks for your suggestion, I will try that!
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
@Lynderika What do you think about Serpent set?
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
chickenfeeder wrote:@Lynderika What do you think about Serpent set?

nvm just picked up a zulas khan in dunc. Super lucky starter I must say.
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
chickenfeeder wrote:
chickenfeeder wrote:@Lynderika What do you think about Serpent set?

nvm just picked up a zulas khan in dunc. Super lucky starter I must say.

Serpent set is pretty good for midgame, I guess someone that had no luck with craft could settle with the full set for some time, I just never included it in my playthrough because I never had the need to, and it isn't especially better than any other normal set up you can get more easily. But you can play it like the normal phy set up, or with the add of spider way and some poison pierce. It should be really nice for dunc, better than tempest. As I always say, Tempest really is only a fauzt thing. At least from my tries, there's no other places I believe it to be better than the usual physical.
Edited by Lynderika 2 years.
mwmorais
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just wondering how you equip half the items in your early gear section if you say to never put points in strength. By the time I get to ubers that give stat charms, I'll be needing stuff better than TUs
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
mwmorais wrote:Just wondering how you equip half the items in your early gear section if you say to never put points in strength. By the time I get to ubers that give stat charms, I'll be needing stuff better than TUs

Answer is I just don't, look up my gear at the start of hell, against Butcher. My armors are t1/2/3, and I don't even have most of my TUs yet. But I could have everything to t3 easily, Honorifics boots gives free 50 and is enough for that. To get to t4, I also often keep Wormtongue T3, and mo str in it too, and charms do the rest quickly enough, sometime with the help of a random rare amulet or something. All the TUs I recommand for early quests need at best 160 str, it's really low.
You don't need gear better than TUs, Na-Krul is very good up to 120 content, Tus Gloves/Belt and later boots are of course not optimal but can really decently keep up until 130 quests, only Uldy and Void do require stronger gear.
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
what about asn naginata set- isnt it recommendated until you find the endgame su/ssu's?
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
loreth2021 wrote:what about asn naginata set- isnt it recommendated until you find the endgame su/ssu's?

>
Lynderika wrote:Serpent set is pretty good for midgame, I guess someone that had no luck with craft could settle with the full set for some time, I just never included it in my playthrough because I never had the need to, and it isn't especially better than any other gear pieces you can get more easily. But you can play it like the normal phy set up, or with the add of spider way and some poison pierce.

Updated the guide, now I mention it in the gear section to make this statement clear
Derpatato
Destroyer
7 | 0
Doom seems really strong in theory, why not max doom for magic pierce? I've seen a few on ladder using it. THanks.
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Derpatato wrote:Doom seems really strong in theory, why not max doom for magic pierce? I've seen a few on ladder using it. THanks.

Lynderika wrote:to me just taking beacon for the 1 point 50% movement speed feel the best. Doom is appealing for boss killing but takes 15 whole points and is mostly useless outside of them, and I might also argue that going to the boss faster with high movement speed end up with the same result. Not to mention that movement speed is very useful defensivly against said bosses, and will help have a smoother fight... And again, Beacon is better for farming/overall gameplay. But of course, for some specific bosses, most primary exemple is Samael, of course Doom is the best option. I also like to use it in Scosglen.

Simply put if you wanna use it feel free to do so ! But I don't recommand most of the time. I tested a lot, and the damage increase from doom indeed is noticable if you really focus on it and do videos comparaisons, but in practice it doesn't feel really better, to me. If you check my char right now tho I have it, because I'm farming scosglen currently and in there I like it, simply because it's the only rift with really tanky dudes, here I find this choice justified.