Harbinger Wolf Druid Full Guide [1.3]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Tkorpi
Edyrem
843 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Pinball wrote:Isn't Twisted Claw a good skill for single target? IIRC there is a video about wolf using Twisted Claw farming BPR.


Yes Twisted Claw is your best friend when killing ubers that stay still. twisted claw tornados stack the same way as rain of fire do. that does massive
cold dmg to boss who is standing in it :) but it only works on targets that stay still long period of time like bpr.
xzmnick
Monkey King
251 | -5
Wolf gets attack speed only from weapon

Any1 else confirm?
User avatar
Tkorpi
Edyrem
843 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
xzmnick wrote:Wolf gets attack speed only from weapon

Any1 else confirm?


You can ask confirmation but that how it was in original diablo also. Only skill ias and ias on weapon counts on wolf
xzmnick
Monkey King
251 | -5
Its not original, so long time ago when I played druid, I do not remember having problems with reaching max ias with only weapon sockets.
User avatar
Tkorpi
Edyrem
843 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
xzmnick wrote:Its not original, so long time ago when I played druid, I do not remember having problems with reaching max ias with only weapon sockets.


that is what i meant by weapon ias. all ias from your weapon counts. but you cant get ias from other gear parts.
kildy
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Weapon IAS is most important but you get some IAS from gear according to SB thread
https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1700
User avatar
Gekko64
Astral Guardian
1937 | 100
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
no, only from weapon and skills ( motw for example )
User avatar
Tkorpi
Edyrem
843 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
kildy wrote:Weapon IAS is most important but you get some IAS from gear according to SB thread
https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1700


You are right. but since charms allready cover most part of the gear ias you rly dont need any other reliable source of attack speed than your weapon.

Also you cant do that, you get ias from armor for example so that you can put crushing blow gems on your weapon either :)

110 attack speed on weapon also gives you the speed you need. if you go faster than that i wouldnt even wanna know how frustrating it would be to go back for the gear everytime :D
User avatar
Aero
Lion Skull the Bent
6475 | 215
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Tkorpi wrote:
kildy wrote:Weapon IAS is most important but you get some IAS from gear according to SB thread
https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1700


You are right. but since charms allready cover most part of the gear ias you rly dont need any other reliable source of attack speed than your weapon.

Also you cant do that, you get ias from armor for example so that you can put crushing blow gems on your weapon either :)

110 attack speed on weapon also gives you the speed you need. if you go faster than that i wouldnt even wanna know how frustrating it would be to go back for the gear everytime :D


Is 110 still the breakpoint with the updated speeds for this patch?
User avatar
Tkorpi
Edyrem
843 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
L H wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
kildy wrote:Weapon IAS is most important but you get some IAS from gear according to SB thread
https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1700


You are right. but since charms allready cover most part of the gear ias you rly dont need any other reliable source of attack speed than your weapon.

Also you cant do that, you get ias from armor for example so that you can put crushing blow gems on your weapon either :)

110 attack speed on weapon also gives you the speed you need. if you go faster than that i wouldnt even wanna know how frustrating it would be to go back for the gear everytime :D


Is 110 still the breakpoint with the updated speeds for this patch?


Speed feels the same as last patch with 110 ias and with 100 ias it defenately feels slower. The speed rework effected more on Mana pulse/Twisted Claw wich attacks significantly slower than last patch.

Speed rework this patch:
All animations which were previously 4 or 5 frames long are now one frame longer
Cast rate with Orbs and Wands is now only 1 frame slower compared to wielding a staff
The amount of faster cast rate needed to reach your maximum breakpoint has been standardised
Weapon speeds have been reworked. Two-handed weapons are now slower compared to one-handed equivalents
Heavier weapons such as maces and axes are slower in comparison to lighter weapons such as swords and daggers
The weapons which were slowed the most by this change have received a base damage buff
Fixed a bug where Naginatas always maxed out your attack animation even with no attack speed