Harbinger Wolf Druid Full Guide [1.3]

-----
Thunder Beetle
56 | 1
Muilpeer wrote:Maybe I'm not paying attention well enough, but I am converting my trap rat to wolf druid. I can barely kill stuff in Terror somehow. I have hit another attack speed limit, but I think I'm missing the point with some things.

I've been having trouble understanding breakpoints for FHR and maybe I'm having trouble understanding how mana regen works. I tried looking in your guide, I feel like my wolf is having his mana drained significantly faster even though I am not using items with % mana regen. Wasn't it the rule that mana regen becomes mana leech?

What is your gear? Not using mana regen items isn't enough. Even the baseline mana drain for the morph is pretty strong. Do you have some combination of
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Pollice Verso
Pollice Verso
Gauntlets (4)

Defense: (48 - 54) to (90 - 102)
Required Level: 10
Required Strength:
Item Level: 19
4% Chance to cast level 3 Time Strike when Attacked
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
+(7 to 10) to Strength
+(6 to 10) Life after each Kill
+(6 to 13) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -8%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (216 - 239) to (333 - 369)
Required Level: 27
Required Strength:
Item Level: 36
8% Chance to cast level 5 Time Strike when Attacked
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(12 to 16) to Strength
+(16 to 20) Life after each Kill
+(21 to 28) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -16%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (583 - 635) to (854 - 930)
Required Level: 44
Required Strength:
Item Level: 59
12% Chance to cast level 7 Time Strike when Attacked
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
+(18 to 24) to Strength
+(26 to 30) Life after each Kill
+(36 to 43) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -24%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (875 - 946) to (1274 - 1378)
Required Level: 52
Required Strength:
Item Level: 85
14% Chance to cast level 8 Time Strike when Attacked
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
+(25 to 30) to Strength
+(31 to 35) Life after each Kill
+(43 to 50) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -32%
Socketed (4)
, and
Wyand's Fervor
? You can also use
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'LoFal'
Runeword Level: 73
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Block Speed
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 20) to all Attributes
5% to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
boots if you're level 90, making sure to unequip before the morph. Once your mana situation is stable I'd suggest checking out
Nephilim
Nephilim
Boots

'ZodThul'
Runeword Level: 85
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+150 Defense
+50 to Strength
(21 to 25)% to Strength
+50 to Vitality
(21 to 25)% to Vitality
Cold Resist +25%
+15 Life after each Kill
for the massive strength bonus.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:Maybe I'm not paying attention well enough, but I am converting my trap rat to wolf druid. I can barely kill stuff in Terror somehow. I have hit another attack speed limit, but I think I'm missing the point with some things.

I've been having trouble understanding breakpoints for FHR and maybe I'm having trouble understanding how mana regen works. I tried looking in your guide, I feel like my wolf is having his mana drained significantly faster even though I am not using items with % mana regen. Wasn't it the rule that mana regen becomes mana leech?

yes mana regen becomes mana drain so to speak. every point you have mana regen on when you are transforming to wolf becomes drain.

Like LH mentioned you need to take mana regen items out of your equipment before turning to wolf and then put them back in to negate mana drain.

---- is also right. mana per kill or mana per striking also helps you out a tons.

Fhr there shouln't be that much of a problem. you should aim somewhere between these lines to make it work on destruction:

200k + defense You need to do BRC Before you can even go near this.
86% + Fhr
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
this build is the simplest example of 'no uber is undoable, just wrong build', i remember running vizjun in ~1 min with him in the past. There are many ways to deal with his mana issue but his lack of ele dmg is pretty hard to solve.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
chickenfeeder wrote: his lack of ele dmg is pretty hard to solve.

Seriously? There's a ton of options to get sources of ele damage to weapon or ele damage spell procs. Explore a little.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
L H wrote:

Seriously? There's a ton of options to get sources of ele damage to weapon or ele damage spell procs. Explore a little.

Dunno if he means amounts of elemental damage needed to kill heroia bosses or kab stones. Twisted claw actually has good source of cold elemental damage. If you focus your element to that you probably could do very high amount of cold damage
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
Tkorpi wrote:
L H wrote:

Dunno if he means amounts of elemental damage needed to kill heroia bosses or kab stones. Twisted claw actually has good source of cold elemental damage. If you focus your element to that you probably could do very high amount of cold damage

when wolf druid first became a real thing twisted claw was very bad, low cold dmg and it barely hit anything even with ~100k AR, i guess AR has nothign to do with its cold dmg tho, i usually had to keep my right mouse over a necrobot and chase it around for ~30s to actually kill it, the twister is beautiful however....
@Tkorpi: i said pretty hard to solve but i didnt say i couldnt solve, yeah there are some ways, the easiest would be MO'ing weapon with miasma and SOR proc. I believe i 'explored' quite a bit about this game in 4 years. Without badmood what is ur 'ton of options to get sources' beside maybe jitan kamon + acid fiend + some boosts to MOTW while still keeping void rw for mana?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
chickenfeeder wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:
L H wrote:

when wolf druid first became a real thing twisted claw was very bad, low cold dmg and it barely hit anything even with ~100k AR, i guess AR has nothign to do with its cold dmg tho, i usually had to keep my right mouse over a necrobot and chase it around for ~30s to actually kill it, the twister is beautiful however....
@Tkorpi: i said pretty hard to solve but i didnt say i couldnt solve, yeah there are some ways, the easiest would be MO'ing weapon with miasma and SOR proc. I believe i 'explored' quite a bit about this game in 4 years. Without badmood what is ur 'ton of options to get sources' beside maybe jitan kamon + acid fiend + some boosts to MOTW while still keeping void rw for mana?

ahm. there is also
Ahriman
Ahriman
Belts

'VezGhal'
Runeword Level: 115
+1 to All Skills
+15 Spell Focus
Adds 100-300 Fire Damage
Adds 100-300 Lightning Damage
Adds 100-300 Cold Damage
+(31 to 50) to all Attributes
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Requirements +10%
there is also
Titan's Steps
Titan's Steps
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: (1322 - 1531) to (1400 - 1621)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 105
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Adds 40-50 Magic Damage
Adds 40-50 Fire Damage
Adds 40-50 Lightning Damage
Adds 40-50 Cold Damage
-(7 to 10)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(90 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
+200 to Life
Elemental Resists +10%
+(40 to 50) Life after each Kill
5% Weapon Damage Taken Restores Mana
Socketed (4)
there is also
Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
Runeword Level: 83
20% Chance to cast level 32 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Adds 150-200 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +(23 to 28)%
Requirements -33%
there is also

Shields

'IgnFulGla'
Runeword Level: 100
+1 to All Skills
45% Cast Speed
45% Hit Recovery
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(16 to 25)% Magic Find
Requirements +25%
Natasha's Legacy (Xis)
Bad Mood Ring
and also you have Force uberskill that amplifies this rainbow damage.

above list is not final there is much more options to variate this with.

also Mo'ng weapon with miasma? those mo's were allready removed. and even if they werent those procs cant work with wolf since they are not on kill or striking procs.

you can easily get over 1k every elemental damage that is amplified by Force and -100 all resistances that double the damage done.
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
like i said, i had found no bad mood rings for like... 4 years? ye i think so, thousands clears in both fauzt, dunc etc and no bad mood, no beads of snake queen. For the boots I kept the su chain boots for more MOTW dmg boost, i couldnt find titan steps either, about weapon i wanted to keep void rw for mana, gehenna rw's cold dmg is too poor, Qor rw gives no ele dmg,.... Ye mostly because i play single player only and couldnt afford to farm all the needed pieces for his end game, I did however afford ~100 minus ele pierce, still it took mins to kill necromorph or even necrobot.
redicomerade
Abomination
140 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Quor rw gives you up to -30% fire, cold, lighting enemy resist, so if you have 300 fire, cold, light damage from uberskill, Qor gives you like 90 fire 90 cold 90 light ele dmg, + of course other ele dmg from your equipment.
f you already have high elemental pierce and you want to focus your wolf on ele dmg you can equip shadow hymn SU bone shield and socket it with 6 elemental runes from unformed land, that woul give you total 1100 elemental damage, its nice.
Ahriman rw belt and elemental band ring for path of flames.
About badmood ring, i have the same experience, so many runs in all uber dungeons, never saw one in single players :shock: but its a beast wish i had two of those
SSU broad sword also very nice, as it already have 100 ias you can socket it 6 perf. rainbow stones for keeping some crushing blow as you focus other equipment pieces fo eledamage
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
chickenfeeder wrote:like i said, i had found no bad mood rings for like... 4 years? ye i think so, thousands clears in both fauzt, dunc etc and no bad mood, no beads of snake queen. For the boots I kept the su chain boots for more MOTW dmg boost, i couldnt find titan steps either, about weapon i wanted to keep void rw for mana, gehenna rw's cold dmg is too poor, Qor rw gives no ele dmg,.... Ye mostly because i play single player only and couldnt afford to farm all the needed pieces for his end game, I did however afford ~100 minus ele pierce, still it took mins to kill necromorph or even necrobot.

pierce gives you high amount of elemental damage ( if you just get ele dmg from gear) plain pierce doesnt do nothing. when i made that list i made all possibilities there is not just single player or low level gear also i cant know what you have access on and what not thats why i only showed you options you can use to think alternatives to. Also if you dont have access to higher end gear then you should focus more on Crushing blow than elemental damage since that is much more affordable way to get good clear speed. 80% Cb allready clears everything very smoothly even vizjun and fauzt monsters. wolf druid aint only about getting elemental damage :)

also necrobots are pretty tanky guys. they dont die 1 shot even if you have high elemental dmg. how i for example run fauzt is that i only kill boss necrobots and ignore every other necrobot in the fauztinville until i have good amount of elemental damage or Auhe rune path of flames with fire pierce to be able to kill them fast enough.