Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
vvvatlas wrote:Is 275% ias with Dao/2h overkill. I'm not sure what the breaking point is.

110% attack speed on weapon is enough. attack speed on other itemns doesnt work on wolf.
vvvatlas
Skeleton
3 | 0
Tkorpi wrote:
vvvatlas wrote:Is 275% ias with Dao/2h overkill. I'm not sure what the breaking point is.

110% attack speed on weapon is enough. attack speed on other itemns doesnt work on wolf.

Good to know, now i can change up some jewels.

What should i upgrade next?
► Weapon

► Boots

► Armor

► Helm

► Gloves

Guessing maybe boots?
Also would Deadfall give better clearspeed compared to my RW belt?

Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
vvvatlas wrote:
Tkorpi wrote:

Good to know, now i can change up some jewels.

Guessing maybe boots?
Also would Deadfall give better clearspeed compared to my RW belt?

You should get better armor for your erawan. erawan should have around 11-12k defense. also you could try crafting yourself a weapon. dao is good but there is much better options for that aswell.

ahriman and deadfall are both good. justuse what you think is better. just try testing them out.
tonyawk
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hello and thank you for your guide, it's a good guide especially for a frist one,

I discovered median XL recently and harbinger wolf is one of the characters that I chose to play. I followed your guide but I didn't understand one thing.
In "playstyle" part you say: "Walk allways and start by using Manapulse on enemy".

What do you mean by "walk allways" ? there is an effect when you are in run mode that I don't be aware ?

Thank you,
Edited by tonyawk 5 years.
Rogue
Destroyer
7 | 0
Yeah, on the left side of stamina bar you have a click able button with run, toggle that off otherwise you will have 0 armor
tonyawk
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hey,

Ok, that what I'm thinking but I made a test, may be it's a bad one... I checked my armor during run / walk alternate mode and there is no change, the armor doesn't drop to 0.

Another thing, in the "late game gear" part of the guide, TKorpi say: "Dont use shield after patch 1.3. use 2 handed weapon."
Why ? I was really attract by the ice druid - Coldhunger + The Flying Saucer.
rumblealex
Lava Lord
96 | 90
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
tonyawk wrote:Hey,

Ok, that what I'm thinking but I made a test, may be it's a bad one... I checked my armor during run / walk alternate mode and there is no change, the armor doesn't drop to 0.

Another thing, in the "late game gear" part of the guide, TKorpi say: "Dont use shield after patch 1.3. use 2 handed weapon."
Why ? I was really attract by the ice druid - Coldhunger + The Flying Saucer.

Part of D2 mechanics lowers your defense when you run. It doesn't show anywhere but it's noticeable when you get hit by every attack. Walk speed is greatly enhanced in Median already so walking isn't all that different from running in vanilla. Also, wolf druid playstyle goes extremely fast with harbinger, you won't even have to move most of the time. Until your screen is empty of enemies.

You can still play coldhunger + flying saucer. I've used the build for a while and cleared many users ubers with it. I haven't even played with a 2hand a all this season. I'm at work and don't have time to expand much on the gear choices, but I can explain a bit more in details later.
tonyawk
Destroyer
6 | 0
hey Rumblealex,

Thank you for this information. I'm curious to know why the autor of this guide think that it better to play 2hand in 1.3 and what kind of changes have been made in comparison to the previous versions of the game.
rumblealex
Lava Lord
96 | 90
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
tonyawk wrote:hey Rumblealex,

Thank you for this information. I'm curious to know why the autor of this guide think that it better to play 2hand in 1.3 and what kind of changes have been made in comparison to the previous versions of the game.

Higher base weapon damage in 2handers benefits greatly from end-game runewords like Shark(xis) which gives 230% enhanced damage. So you can renew a superior flamberge until you get one with 25-30% base enhanced damage, add 20% from an oil of luck, and you end up with 275-280% enhanced dmg.

Combine this with bloodlust bonus from the runeword, and you end up hitting decent damage.

► Shark bloodlust

The reason for picking a 2 hand sword probably because we need less defense to survive various ubers in the current patch. We have 40% dodge, 70% avoid and 70% evade with maxed faerie flame, Elvensong/Symbiosis synergy and werewolf form.
With
Skythrone
or
Windsinger
you can reach up to 85% avoid/evade.

But I find the wolf squishy if and when you get hit. I prefer running a 1hand sword with a shield. I'm not the best guy to explain why a 2hand might be better since I don't actually play with one.

There's something special about running a 220% increased attack speed sword that makes you fly across the zone in record time. The damage is lower for sure, but the extra defense is worth is in survivability, and you can still scrape a little more damage with
Akarat's Crucifix
. 400% enhanced weapon damage and bloodlust!

I've run TA and, Fautz and Tengaze with Coldhunger and Flying saucer without much issues. Monsters will take time to die, but you have to understand that not every single monster will die when you run the place. Just spam the whole place and quickly grab whatever happens to drop. don't stand in place for more than a second at all.

For TA and Tengaze you can use
Wyand's Fervor
for that juicy 50 mana on striking that can keep your mana topped for the whole zone.
For Fautz I prefer using
Linga Sharira
but switch my belt to
The Endless Loop
The Endless Loop
Light Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 1101 to 1143
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 105
40% Combat Speeds
+(10 to 19) to Charged Strike
Slow Target 10%
+50 to all Attributes
+75 Life Regenerated per Second
+(0 to 1) Mana on Striking
Socketed (2)
. it's not as self sufficient with mana cost, but it still help with harbinger uptime.
For Bremmtown or Viz'jun I don't use either of them. I need the armor for extra defense, and the 5% CtC teleport on striking can cauze you issues with the bosses. I've lost two cold fusion schematics in Viz'jun because the boss teleported to unreachable places. in Bremmtown, the black star dragon just teleports in unexpected places, and you can't anticipate properly his one-shot laser.

Some ubers you won't have any choices but to respec in something else. Wolfdruid just isn't made to kill those.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tonyawk wrote:hey Rumblealex,

in 1.3 you get more defensive stats from skills that doesnt require base defense avoid and evade for example. 2h provides you more damage than 1h with shield and if you kill everything with 1-2 hits you dont need survaivability almost at all. but there is defenately perks when using 1h and shield explained above.

response to above message of attak speed.
Wolf gets AS only from weapon and skills so you kant get AS from anywhere else on your gear.

Regards, Author ^^