Harbinger Wolf Druid Full Guide [1.3]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
mistercd3
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Some of my experience on kill baal with treewarden.
Use idol of scoglen to gain DR, slow baal and hit him with thorn strike or fire skill. When you over stone form run around from baal until your idol of scoglen available again then repeat the first step. Slow from idol of scoglen is quite helpful in 1vs1 with boss.
If baal summon vision then try to lure those vision away from baal, use idol of scoglen because of velocity boost to help you lure them.
If you die inside Baal room, there is a way: Open a TP inside the room so u can lure those vision to there, and Baal on the part that you can simple walk and blink to the other part.

1 question is if i use 1 hand weapons then how many IAS i should have on weapons ?
User avatar
Tkorpi
Edyrem
847 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
mistercd3 wrote:
1 question is if i use 1 hand weapons then how many IAS i should have on weapons ?


Check tool section of this site. There is speed calc wich gives you all breakpoints
0dino4ka
Dark Huntress
13 | -1
otherwise I do not know how to kill him
tlpc1
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
I have a Harbinger Wolf as described in this guide; but I die too fast.
I am at the end of Act I Destruction, and have almost no problem with most monsters; but Steelfur Titans and Black Knights get my health to 1/4 in a second. What should I do?

Some details:
- I always walk, never run.
- Stats:

Level: 119
STR:844, DEX:31, VIT:31, EN:28
Resists: between 77-81
GRRR Dmg:774-956; GRRR AR:5727
Defense:39871; Life:5385; Mana:2403
Pollice Verso (6); Jitan Kamon (6); Void Greatword (6) with 75% total IAS, Natha Spirit Mask (6); Deadfall (6); Epicenter greaves
Amulet and each Ring MO'd with 30 DR
Switch weapon: runeword staff with +7 Druid skills

Life Shield and Faerie Fire are supermaxed (for my level)

Did LC1, LC2, Ennead Challenge, Monster Tokens.

If more info is required, let me know.
Thank you.
User avatar
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
1719 | 107
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Steel für Titans reflect damage. Ignore them.
User avatar
rumblealex
Vampiress
36 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tlpc1 wrote:I have a Harbinger Wolf as described in this guide; but I die too fast.
I am at the end of Act I Destruction, and have almost no problem with most monsters; but Steelfur Titans and Black Knights get my health to 1/4 in a second. What should I do?


I had the same issue, and it'll happen on a few elite mobs later on as well, Like Onyx Knights in Act 3. Just try and see them early and twisted claw them in a doorway or other choke point like a corner. it helps bringing them down a lot faster. If you Harbinger right in the middle of the pack, they'll surround you and insta-gib you in a second, so Twisted claw is better most of the time.
User avatar
Tkorpi
Edyrem
847 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
rumblealex wrote:
tlpc1 wrote:I have a Harbinger Wolf as described in this guide; but I die too fast.
I am at the end of Act I Destruction, and have almost no problem with most monsters; but Steelfur Titans and Black Knights get my health to 1/4 in a second. What should I do?


I had the same issue, and it'll happen on a few elite mobs later on as well, Like Onyx Knights in Act 3. Just try and see them early and twisted claw them in a doorway or other choke point like a corner. it helps bringing them down a lot faster. If you Harbinger right in the middle of the pack, they'll surround you and insta-gib you in a second, so Twisted claw is better most of the time.


this. Elite's should be killed with twisted claw rather than harbinger. also try to keep A3 merc with you with some good defense armor. he tanks a shitton.
tlpc1
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
Thanks for the ideas, but I still have trouble surviving.

HechtHeftig wrote:Steel für Titans reflect damage. Ignore them.

I can't really ignore them, they move fast and they would hit me from behind when I'm killing other monsters.
Tkorpi wrote:...try to keep A3 merc with you with some good defense armor. he tanks a shitton.

I do have a reliable A3 merc; even though many Elites are lightning-immune, he helps a lot.
The problem is not with the merc but with my character; he dies a lot and quickly.
rumblealex wrote:I had the same issue, and it'll happen on a few elite mobs later on as well, Like Onyx Knights in Act 3. Just try and see them early and twisted claw them in a doorway or other choke point like a corner...

I tried that; I gave up on Harbinger and used only TClaw and even Manapulse (for Steelfurs, so it won't reflect so much dmg).

It still feels like it is a problem of my stats, not my gameplay. E.g.:
Earlier into this thread someone posted images of his stats at almost the same level as me (120).
A comparison:
- his Life: 12339; my Life: 5385
- his Defense: 311103; my Defense: 39871.
Couldn't this explain the problem?
User avatar
Tkorpi
Edyrem
847 | 37
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
tlpc1 wrote:Thanks for the ideas, but I still have trouble surviving.

HechtHeftig wrote:Steel für Titans reflect damage. Ignore them.

I can't really ignore them, they move fast and they would hit me from behind when I'm killing other monsters.
Tkorpi wrote:...try to keep A3 merc with you with some good defense armor. he tanks a shitton.

I do have a reliable A3 merc; even though many Elites are lightning-immune, he helps a lot.
The problem is not with the merc but with my character; he dies a lot and quickly.
rumblealex wrote:I had the same issue, and it'll happen on a few elite mobs later on as well, Like Onyx Knights in Act 3. Just try and see them early and twisted claw them in a doorway or other choke point like a corner...

I tried that; I gave up on Harbinger and used only TClaw and even Manapulse (for Steelfurs, so it won't reflect so much dmg).

It still feels like it is a problem of my stats, not my gameplay. E.g.:
Earlier into this thread someone posted images of his stats at almost the same level as me (120).
A comparison:
- his Life: 12339; my Life: 5385
- his Defense: 311103; my Defense: 39871.
Couldn't this explain the problem?



that picture is far ahead of you. he has allready pretty good gear on that dudu. your gear / skill choises can make big difference tho.
User avatar
Scalewinged
Onyx Knight
626 | 15
tlpc1 wrote:I am at the end of Act I Destruction...

Level: 119

STR:844, DEX:31, VIT:31, EN:28
Resists: between 77-81
GRRR Dmg:774-956; GRRR AR:5727
Defense:39871; Life:5385; Mana:2403
Pollice Verso (6); Jitan Kamon (6); Void Greatword (6) with 75% total IAS, Natha Spirit Mask (6); Deadfall (6); Epicenter greaves
Amulet and each Ring MO'd with 30 DR
Switch weapon: runeword staff with +7 Druid skills

Life Shield and Faerie Fire are supermaxed (for my level)

Did LC1, LC2, Ennead Challenge, Monster Tokens.


I don wanna even think about HOW you made it till destr end with such gear stats and on lvl119.. But!

tlpc1 wrote:I am at the end of Act I Destruction...

GRRR Dmg:774-956; GRRR AR:5727
Defense:39871; Life:5385; Mana:2403
Pollice Verso (6); Jitan Kamon (6); Void Greatword (6) with 75% total IAS, Natha Spirit Mask (6); Deadfall (6); Epicenter greaves
Switch weapon: runeword staff with +7 Druid skills

Life Shield and Faerie Fire are supermaxed (for my level)

Did LC1, LC2, Ennead Challenge, Monster Tokens.


First of all - damage is really low for destruction IMO. It shall be at least around 1500-2000 for Harbinger. Don't worry about mana issues since in 1.3 it's not a big deal anymore, switch Void rw to smth more useful. Even
Gehenna
Gehenna
Weapons

'Xar'
Runeword Level: 100
25% Chance to cast level 27 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 188-250 cold damage
Adds 750-1000 poison damage over 5 seconds
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Increase Maximum Life and Mana 25%
Requirements -33%
would be much better.

How you got so low defence with maxed lifeshield?.. Even me with just TUs had around 100k. Anyway, give up with Jitan kamon - make
Erawan
Erawan
Body Armor

'Nih'
Runeword Level: 100
-10% Slower Run/Walk
10% Bonus to Buff/Debuff/Cold Skill Duration
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
25% Bonus to Vitality
25% Bonus to Strength
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)%
Total Character Defense plus (11 to 20)%
or
Dragonheart
Dragonheart
Body Armor

'Kra'
Runeword Level: 94
+2 to All Skills
50% Increased Attack Speed
+2% Enhanced Defense (Based on Character Level)
+500 to Life
Level 15 Blood Flash (20 Charges)
, Gloves... not sure but for me even
Featherclaw
Featherclaw
Chain Gloves (6)

Defense: (28-30) to (49-54)
Required Strength: 38
Required Level: 5
15% Faster Run/Walk
5% Increased Attack Speed
(21 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(3 to 5)% Chance of Open Wounds
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+(6 to 10) to Dexterity
+(101 to 150) Maximum Stamina
Socketed (1)

Defense: (72-78) to (110-119)
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 13
20% Faster Run/Walk
10% Increased Attack Speed
(51 to 80)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(6 to 8)% Chance of Open Wounds
+(30 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
+(11 to 15) to Dexterity
+(151 to 200) Maximum Stamina
Socketed (2)

Defense: (149-161) to (203-218)
Required Strength: 80
Required Level: 22
25% Faster Run/Walk
15% Increased Attack Speed
(81 to 110)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(9 to 11)% Chance of Open Wounds
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 20) to Dexterity
+(201 to 250) Maximum Stamina
Socketed (2)

Defense: (250-268) to (334-358)
Required Strength: 116
Required Level: 31
30% Faster Run/Walk
20% Increased Attack Speed
(111 to 140)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(12 to 14)% Chance of Open Wounds
+(52 to 63)% Enhanced Defense
+(21 to 25) to Dexterity
+(251 to 300) Maximum Stamina
Socketed (3)

Defense: (393-420) to (519-554)
Required Strength: 168
Required Level: 40
35% Faster Run/Walk
25% Increased Attack Speed
(141 to 170)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(15 to 17)% Chance of Open Wounds
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(26 to 30) to Dexterity
+(301 to 350) Maximum Stamina
Socketed (3)

Defense: (581-617) to (759-807)
Required Strength: 244
Required Level: 48
40% Faster Run/Walk
30% Increased Attack Speed
(171 to 200)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(18 to 20)% Chance of Open Wounds
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 35) to Dexterity
+(351 to 400) Maximum Stamina
Socketed (4)

seems much better, not counting smth like
Kali
Kali
Gloves

'Pul'
Runeword Level: 45
33% Chance to cast level 6 Fire Splash on Kill
+2 to All Skills
-214 Defense
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Fire Resist +31%
Level 2 Possess (124 Charges)
. If you have problems with survivability, why don't you try to use
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'Ath'
Runeword Level: 90
+1 to All Skills
25% Faster Cast Rate
15% Faster Hit Recovery
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(41 to 50) to Strength
Regenerate Mana +30%
Damage Reduced by 5%
and
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Vith'
Runeword Level: 98
-5% Decreased Attack Speed
-5% Slower Cast Rate
Stun Attack
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+5% Increased Healing Rate from Apples
Damage Reduced by 10%
Slows Attacker by 5%
for even more DR? Esp if you dying because of phys hitting monsters with high AR.
PS: Steel furs don't reflect ranged damage. All you need is to NOT hit them in melee = Harbinger only.

Also for starting and with that.... gear. It won't hurt to max healing/avoid synergies for Symbiosis (elvensong and acid fiends, 26+20 skill points). And don't max Faerie fire now when you will need any extra point. Believe me - Symbiosis avoid synergy is much more worthful than wasting points on fire.
So in total i can suggest to max: werewolf, symbiosis, 26 pts elvensong, 20 pts acid fiends, 10 pts harbinger, 1 pt Faerie fire, leftovers in Feed the pack. If you will have Feed the pack maxed - put leftovers in Faerie fire... You may also put 1 pt in Pagan rites, but not sure you will have time and/or mana to use it.

► Show Spoiler