Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
requiemss wrote:
v1nc3nt wrote:Could probably add these information somewhere cause alot of people are not aware of these:
► Show Spoiler

Could you elaborate a bit more on crushing blow?

Each time CB is triggered, it reduces that much of an enemy's current life--1/4 with a direct melee hit, 1/8 with missiles. It works best on enemies that have huge life pools, but becomes less effective as an enemy's health drops.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
updated tran map thanks to rishab, im actually intrested how you got that aynway thanks
added some more infos and pics
garth_hendy
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
I wish this was stickied at the top of every forum because the info in the first post is great, so much stuff that I didn't even know because the game really doesn't tell you.

Thank you!
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Abjurer merc needs an update he deals nice dmg! And the act 3 mercs deal no WDM.

Also at the very end - "avoid these" there are no more witches except for the countess/startled witch or?
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
garth_hendy wrote:I wish this was stickied at the top of every forum because the info in the first post is great, so much stuff that I didn't even know because the game really doesn't tell you.

Thank you!

thanks for the compliment, problem is this guide was not uptodate just updated it recently so there was quiet alot wrong information and its overlay was also ugly as fuck

Nitz wrote:Abjurer merc needs an update he deals nice dmg! And the act 3 mercs deal no WDM.

Also at the very end - "avoid these" there are no more witches except for the countess/startled witch or?

went over that aswell as the grammar a bit, to be fair i havent read toooo much of that section but its a bit better now
Shade
|
I see the OP was a year ago. Is the list of builds in "Choosing your first character" still good for latest patch (MXL2017)?

I'd like to make a char that can get to end game and farm (and do most ubers) without too much trouble. I started the Totemancer on SP, it was very good and quite easy but it found Tran Atulua a bit hard (prob me and crap gear).

I see a lot of ppl and the best new char question with "It depends on your preferences" - I like ranged/casters that are safe and powerful. Totemancer may be good but I am also wondering about sorc (not sure re poison or light with cold) or a bowazon. Surprised java not on the list but I am prob thinking about old D2 HC days hehe.
dlamica99
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
Totem is ok. there is alot of prep work. if u got mad skills u can just place one totem then keep porting around but that take to much work and good gear to do. also u can just place your totem and just kite the rooms to it.

Summons build is a bit better for most challenges.

sorc is ok. light and cold will make u good tanky but u will lost lots of fire power. I went light and cold just put points into both passive and the summons. then i stuck most of my points in the mana skill tree. using the arance sweeper (not sure of the name but its like the 3rd skill in that tree). that skill will be better than both light and cold skill as there are alot of immune in the game and there is like a 1% of magic immune which is good plus that skill comes with a physical that give extra damage. just stick all points into mana with just enough str to wear gear. but even with that type of set up u will be lacking a lot of damage with either skill u decide to use as your main. i personally would go cold and fire as fire has the most damage.

druid is quite noob friendly. just go poison or elemental build at first. druids do own a remove resistance which comes in handy. lot of druids go rat build but the only thing i hate about that is if u die u cant go back to rat forum with out your weapon. which make u useless.

sin needs a lot of work for a trap and the best trap is useless in most maps bc the trap just goes off screen and make the skill uselss ect. but the limp skill is great in rooms with lots of walls. u can per freeze monster with this skill but there is a limit on how many u can freeze with.

throw barb is nto bad as a range. good def and good damage. but i cant go more into detail bc i never played barb.
Shade
|
Thx @dlamica99, good to know.

I was thinking along same lines re Mana tree sorc. I was thinking to use Antimass to restore health and reduce mana so I can use Immersion, then Mana Sweep just as Antimass comes off cooldown.

So rotaton of: Antimass, Immersion (repeat until AM off cooldown or until health needed and/or mana regens too much), Mana Sweep (fill up mana for next Antimass)
Rinse/repeat.

Will that work? Presumably we don't need mana regen in that build. We want a mana pool double the size of life pool at least.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dlamica99 wrote:Totem is ok...... but that take to much work and good gear to do.

Crafts and honorifics are "good" gear??
dlamica99
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
Shade wrote:Thx @dlamica99, good to know.

I was thinking along same lines re Mana tree sorc. I was thinking to use Antimass to restore health and reduce mana so I can use Immersion, then Mana Sweep just as Antimass comes off cooldown.

So rotaton of: Antimass, Immersion (repeat until AM off cooldown or until health needed and/or mana regens too much), Mana Sweep (fill up mana for next Antimass)
Rinse/repeat.

Will that work? Presumably we don't need mana regen in that build. We want a mana pool double the size of life pool at least.

the idea of that will work. But the main problem is that u are useing your main healing skill to reduce your mp. so if u get swamp with monsters u have no heal to use but hp pots and they are slow to heal unless u plan to just spam moon pots.

u want to do this. Aracne Torrent and cast that untill half mp then use Mana sweep to refill. u will do some good damage as with higher mana u have more damage u will do as lont u keep your mana full. Save the hp skill untill u really need it.

the only trouble with Immersion is that the bolts are all random on where they go and u must be pretty close to really get the best damage out of that also u need to keep your mp at or below 20% at all times to do the most damage out of that skill. Stick with Arcane torrent.

since u didnt say what other 2 tree u will be using i would guess this. Main-Mana, Sub1-cold, Sub1 light. if you go this way .
use one point in all cold tree and max out ice elemental (summons) and snow queen(give u defense.) one point in all light then max out warp armor (more def and % to dodge rate. ) then max out arace torrent, mana sweep, Familar if u want. but one point will do just fine. also one point into anti miss. no reason to add points into this as one point with all the extra skill points u get from charms and weapon can easly bring it up to 20 which is plenty to fully heal you..

then just make sure u get lots of gear that give u psy spell damge % on all gear to really help you out.
with basic gear u should be doing around 1500 to 1300 damage with this build. more if u have the time to gear it the damage will go higher.

but i would personly would drop the lighitng and get the fire as pyroblast is a good monster killer and very fast to cast and good fire dot damage. then u have a good boss killer flamestrike. best nuke in game besides oskills, u will do around 900 damage on blast but the blast radius will do 35k and this is me with out any % to fire damage still works good in destruction just keep your ice summons up to help take the agro from monster and get either the shapeshift merc from act 2 or barb from act 5. the barb is best tank also can cast BO and if u gear it right he kill all those immune monster with a few shots lol. fell free to add me in game /f a dlamicaxl. i play around on and off from 8am to 8pm.