Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
robomixor
Sasquatch
65 | 1
Hi,
What relics would you use for totem build ?
pfl0nk
Jungle Hunter
25 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
blink xD
robomixor
Sasquatch
65 | 1
what about venomcloud totem, is it good?
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I tried it, it's nothing noticeable. The damage is too slow and the totem is a bit mechanically lackluster.

Sky siege is a good relic to have on totemancer
Jovoman
Cog
232 | 3
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Hi is v3 Variante still up to date for high end farming? Im curious what Kind of end game dmg u can reach with it
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Yes it is. It's mostly for Fauzt/labs.

I forget what tooltip I had on it, but it should demolish most non-boss content.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hey Fuppy, I've been playing a variant of this build (same items, slightly diff skillplan), and I have a few questions and comments.

For Skillplan: I'm currently Smaxxed in FrostClaw, Fireheart, Embalming, Jinn and both the totem passives. I have 1 point in every summon and 1 in talon's hold (only got it cause it says there's a synergy between totems and talon's hold, but I can't understand where). Also 1 point in boneyard and the fcr skill.

1) What do you think about running Deathlord in this build? I think it could be much stronger than Death Ward since it gives a boatload of dex and str (freeing up stats for more dex or energy for scaling) it also gives bonus base block and more defense.
1-1) To get the needed skill points, I was thinking maybe don't smax either Frostclaw or Fireheart, just put around 10-20 points in each. Please let me know if there's a specific reason you think it won't work or be strong. The reason it even came to mind is because I noticed that you're not really stacking minion life anyway, so it makes a lot of sense to me to use it.
2) I've been prebuffing with bloodlust from Seid runeword (this is my default weapon swap), and I swap into Ngozi for hounfor when summoning totems. Not only does this give us more damage, but the mana regen from hounfor make summoning all your totems much better. This way I can keep a (kinda weak) bloodlust buff on me all the time with double dipping :D
3) I think you should mention somewhere that a good strategy for maps where mobs are bumrushing you (basically everywhere) that you can keep spamming skeletons ahead of you to make mobs target them instead of your frail body. This has saved me a lot in maps like cows etc.
4) What do you think about Abjurer Merc? That's what I've been running, and I think it really complements totems nicely, since the problem with totems is their trash aoe and targetting, and having a death lazor coming from your merc in a wide area really helps with clear and survivability.
5) What all double dipping buffs are there in the game? I looked through the buff skills in the wiki page and I was only able to find 3 skills that would work, MOTW, Bloodlust and Firedance. MOTW isn't possible to get. Bloodlust is only available on Shamanka and the Seid RW, and Firedance only available on Lorekeeper. I guess you could use Mercs for Bloodlust/MOTW, but I think either Abjurer or potentially Necrolyte in late game are the best Mercs. Not sure, since I'm a noob.

Also would appreciate knowing if totem necro can do lab etc. I've never gotten that far, but I want to know if it's possible. I can't find any Samael/Deimoss kills with Totem necro anywhere, even though his TP when combined with Pax Mystica on swap + Jitan's can allow him to move them where he needs to stay safe and keep doing damage.

Please let me know. I really appreciate the guide :D
(Some of the ideas I use are borrowed from the old hybrid summoner/totem necro guide in the old build guides section)
Edited by CorralTheTroops 2 years.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Deathlord is a nice addition IMO (for just 5 skills you get freed potentially 200 stats from being spent on str/dex while it won't hurt totems at all). At least it clearly worth it in pre-endgame.
And what hounfor giving now?... Before it were a meta for pre-buff but now it giving only minion damage that pointless for totems, isn't it?

The point of bloodmage merc is that he buffs with firedance that increase spell damage strongly. If you feel like you don't need additional buffs - feel free to use merc you want. But abjurer is pure selfish damage merc.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Scalewinged wrote:Deathlord is a nice addition IMO (for just 5 skills you get freed potentially 200 stats from being spent on str/dex while it won't hurt totems at all). At least it clearly worth it in pre-endgame.
And what hounfor giving now?... Before it were a meta for pre-buff but now it giving only minion damage that pointless for totems, isn't it?

The point of bloodmage merc is that he buffs with firedance that increase spell damage strongly. If you feel like you don't need additional buffs - feel free to use merc you want. But abjurer is pure selfish damage merc.

Bro I really appreciate how you answer all my noob questions <3

Hounfor gives 200 Spell Focus, which is quite good imo. It gives me about 20% more damage on sheet (I have about 200 points yet to spend, and 350 signets to still get), also I'm still level 115.
WRT the merc, I feel like having more AOE targetting is stronger than boosting your own totems. Especially since max firedance is only 40% *2, which doesn't seem too crazy.

Also do you know wtf synergy talon's hold gives?

Also my abjurer is not able to equip sorceress class armors.
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
CorralTheTroops wrote:Hounfor gives 200 Spell Focus, which is quite good imo. It gives me about 20% more damage on sheet (I have about 200 points yet to spend, and 350 signets to still get), also I'm still level 115.

Thats not how spell focus works. Spell focus and energy synergy are additives.

Having :
2000 energy + 0 spell focus will give x2.05
2000 energy + 200 spell focus will give x2.25

resulting 10% more dmg not 20%