Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
blyts wrote:Any survivability tips for 125+?

I die probably 10-15x/dunc, fauzt is a pipe dream. I can move relatively quick, but teleporting then running back gets me gibbed over and over. I'm using full crafted gear + Elverfolk for Stormeye build. Max res. 9k life. Sustain from Soulbond. But near zero avoidance. If I get hit once, I'll usually end up going down. If I try to cast totems ahead I run oom and then I lose soul bond. Resummoning 9 totems constantly is also not ideal. I've also tried a Soulchain build with just Stormeye, but ran into same issues.

It's disheartening, because this is a fun build. But the constant dying is going to break my escape key...

Any tips or insight appreciated. Thank you.

Your totems shouldn't be going down fast till you get to high labs. Did you get Apprenticeship to 20?

Summon all your totems -> Bend the shadows close enough to a pack -> run around and avoid barrels -> move to the next pack

Just don't teleport to the middle of a pack, and keep an eye on barrels.
blyts
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Victor wrote:

I die probably 10-15x/dunc, fauzt is a pipe dream. I can move relatively quick, but teleporting then running back gets me gibbed over and over. I'm using full crafted gear + Elverfolk for Stormeye build. Max res. 9k life. Sustain from Soulbond. But near zero avoidance. If I get hit once, I'll usually end up going down. If I try to cast totems ahead I run oom and then I lose soul bond. Resummoning 9 totems constantly is also not ideal. I've also tried a Soulchain build with just Stormeye, but ran into same issues.

It's disheartening, because this is a fun build. But the constant dying is going to break my escape key...

Your totems shouldn't be going down fast till you get to high labs. Did you get Apprenticeship to 20?

Summon all your totems -> Bend the shadows close enough to a pack -> run around and avoid barrels -> move to the next pack

That's basically what I do. I guess I can chalk it up to using a 7 year old mac laptop with a wireless mouse. I'll just try to getgudder and see how it performs when I'm not away from home.

Ty for at least pointing me in the user error direction. All the best!
krastinov
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
blyts wrote:
Victor wrote:

That's basically what I do. I guess I can chalk it up to using a 7 year old mac laptop with a wireless mouse. I'll just try to getgudder and see how it performs when I'm not away from home.

Ty for at least pointing me in the user error direction. All the best!

I'm playing summoner and died a lot in dunc until I started teleporting in between the packs. Teleporting right into them got me killed many times. If I don't teleport into the middle I basically never get hit and summons clean everything around me really fast. I imagine it's similar for totems.
Fauzt is a problem though because I don't have enough sustain
krastinov
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Btw can you tell me why in v2 of the endgame gear you wear the RW Obedience which requires soul chain, but do not take it and instead take soul bond? Won't the staff proccs not work then?
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
krastinov wrote:Btw can you tell me why in v2 of the endgame gear you wear the RW Obedience which requires soul chain, but do not take it and instead take soul bond? Won't the staff proccs not work then?

The stats on the staff are really good and it's a direct upgrade to Elverfolk, even if you don't use the procs.
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

idk I'm running Frostclaw totem and I feel like Fautz is about the same or easier than dunc for me. More Totemdancing room and when I die it's usually b/c I allowed myself to get swarmed instead of some random barrel I didn't see. Although I skipped endurance and some other stuff for more deathward though as it never feels like to me that straight hp is gonna save me when I get in trouble. My apprenticeship is still only at 10 I'm gonna start increasing that soon as is usually it's flameheart/stormeye totem that dies and then I just resummon them.
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I got a relic off hell baal that gives Colleseum. It seems to be a good combo with this build. It's another teleport with enemy debuffs plus it doesn't share cooldown with BTS. So you can basically combo teleport on groups of enemies.
Bijousek
Prowler
15 | 0
Hello! Thanks for GREAT guide i play short time here and its for me great source :) I play frostclaw totems,today i see on lader this guy https://median-xl.com/char/MEICHUANNEIKU
Why have skill Dream eater? i dont understand this mechanics. Thanks for answers.And sry to my bad english
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dekrikke wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Victor wrote:Thanks but I tried Champions of the Sun, Void Archon and Veil King at Lab 9 they drop like flies. They were great up to T8 though.

In t9-t10 u and ur minions need extra 100 res, if they still get crashed in a second with that extra res...emmmm, but I never came across that case in actual runs.

Do I understand correctly that you were able to clear labs 10 with a totemancer?

Focusing on minion res/life so they can survive long enough?

They can survive long enough for u to survive t10. No need to get 260 for them if u cant. its not a must. U cant expect totemancer "once summon, then clearing t10 without resummon". Ofc thats not how totemancer clearing t10. Every ladder, at least ever since 1.7 version, u will notice that there are totemancers clearing t10 and reaching lvl 150 on ladder if u ever focused on ladder. At least there is one guy I know about playing totemancer every ladder and reaching lvl 150.
The real challenge for totemancer clearing t9/t10 is not the extra 100 pierce, it is the Phobos and Barb.
rapcior
Vampiress
37 | 1
Frostclaw its still good ? Need update guide