Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I decided to experiment with deathlord with this totemancer build ( I put 2 pts in it) since it required dex & strength.

I'm currently at 214k defense with the buff on which lasts 10 min and I can pretty much still use all the necessary skills (totems/summons/blink/BTS/etc.). The skills that can't be used, don't get used in this build anyhow. I have full totem set + honorific glove + orbiter + wake destruction boots + fell blood. I still have all resets plus like 5 belledonna's if it doesn't work out later for some reason. Also, I'm still not sure how all the defense/enhanced def/etc works.

I have full totem set plus I can already make pax-xis for 120 (@117) if I want. As my assassin had already been farming Teganze working on Natasha's armor for assassin. . Not sure will better at farming Teganze though. Farming Teganze to me means going to boss in middle & killing him. It takes my assassin ~25 min to do that.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
With totems and my gear is purely "budget" (what i'm, considering as a "budget" - no SSU-s, xis runes for this build are easier to obtain. ) - killing that tegaze boss takes less than a minute. Just do not stand there and do not let to kill everything at invincibilty stage, jump back (or forth) with all your stuff from time to time. My setup is all totemas 1 pt, soulbound max, totem mastery 15 and emabalming and death ward max, something at resurgence (20) for jinns (jinns max). With that setup I could farm teganze all day but at duncraig I have to watch my (char) step.
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I jump quite a bit actually.

Like I have hawks on my left skill then the right skill is BTS( or i swap to re-summon fallen minions) and then my second weapon skill set has pax/blink set to go if my minions aren't going in direction i want them to or i need to get out if dodge.
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I wonder if the following items...
Doomcloud Spine
Doomcloud Spine
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 4089 to 4479
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 120
Adds 100-150 Lightning Damage
+25% to Lightning Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
+50 to Vitality
15% to Vitality
Maximum Lightning Resist +2%
+5 Lightning Absorb
Socketed (2)

Henchmen Trophies
(Legendary Set)

Stareye's Claws
Stareye's Claws
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: 1674 to 1959
Required Strength: 625
Adds 100-150 Cold Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
+50 to Dexterity
15% to Dexterity
Maximum Cold Resist +2%
+5 Cold Absorb
Socketed (4)

Henchmen Trophies
(Legendary Set)

Fangskin Scales
Fangskin Scales
Greaves (Sacred)

Defense: 2481 to 2799
Required Strength: 650
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Adds 6-8 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
+50 to Energy
15% to Energy
Maximum Poison Resist +2%
Socketed (4)

Henchmen Trophies
(Legendary Set)

Would go well with the build its seems like it has a lot if things the build would want with those 3 set item bonuses.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
it doesnt. We dont need poison pierce on Fangskin Scales unless you're playing that totem build or using Pestilence (?!?).

I dont think we need that huge items with pierce since our gear and Jinn basically give enough pierce. So in that gloves/belt slots you can use Henchmen set but there are better replacement: crafted to reach 100% SF or cheap SU like lamha, ashaera which give total spell dmg.
Doktorfilth
Fallen
1 | 0
Totemancer is my first median build for 5 years or so and I enjoy it quite a lot. I am in A2 Hell currently (lvl 105ish)aiming for cold Totem 20, totem mastery 20, soulbound max, embalming max and jinn max. My equipment is all TU. I have about 35 spare skill points so it seems that I could dump a few points in another skill. I am no fan of a minion heavy play style, so I want to leave the summon tree blank. The most logical place seems to be death ward, but I wonder if the slow on talons hold actually works since it is mentioned as synergy in the skill description? Which spot for farming would you recommend after I finish the normal game. TA? Kurast?
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The only thing your totem can get from Talon's Hold is reanimator. Your totem deal elemental spell attack so no slow from this skill. You're just 105 bro, dont worry you will run out of skill points when you level more because of more max skill level.

Just do the normal walkthrough then jump to ubers that are available for your level (105-110-115-120...). If you want to farm set items, go to K3K. If you want SU then Duncraig and if you want jewelry then Fauzt.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Lacuni Cowl
Lacuni Cowl
Skull Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2865 - 3115) to (2964 - 3222)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 105
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
Adds 150-200 Fire Damage
Adds 150-200 Lightning Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(130 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 1)%
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
surprisingly good mid game item for fire totems and farming. MO'd with fire dmg and MF later.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I'll play totemancer as my second class in 1.8, hoping to push it a bit further than I did in 1.7 (family loss prevented playing more). Hoping to get budget Fireheart to a viable Fauzt runner status and will give examples of decent crafts to use across the board.

As you all might've guessed, no changes affected us in 1.8. We were moved to t0.5 in the starter tier list.
USSRe
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
will this scroll work in Radiance?
Scroll of Enchantment: Helmet
Cube Reagent
Cube with Helm to Add Bonus
+10% Movement Speed
+1% Chance to Cast Level 1 Goblin Glee on Death Blow
(+777% Magic Find for 7 Seconds)