Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Captcha wrote:
fuppy wrote:
Captcha wrote:One other question. Why use T1 for honorifics? It was always T4 in the past because once you socket, say, a PG, it would go up to about level 21 anyway, but if you had a T4 the PG doesn't raise the level from roughly 21-24 for leather armours, low base shields etc, so you get the same number of MOs on it. I'm not saying you're wrong btw, just asking.

Forgot to answer this. Honorifics are only a temporary measure and it's nice for the extra MO space.

Well looking at the guide, the honorific shield seems to be used until you get Elverfolk on one spec and until level 125 in the other... so T4 is surely better?

Unless you're a twinked character, by the time you can actually get the cube item from Shenk in Act 5 to make an honorific you're what... nearly level 50? By that time you use a T4. No question.

If you were a twinked char using T1 you switch to T4?

T4 leather gloves means one set less of MOs. I don't socket mine until Hell anyway, so they're level 1 req.

I recorded a new video of Scosglen in my labbing gear (with swapped Lilith belt and MF rings) and Void charm per someone's request.
theage900
Bone Archer
77 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Frostclaw over stormeye?
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
theage900 wrote:Frostclaw over stormeye?

Like I mentioned, it's my labbing spec where I prefer having the singletarget over the clear.
Edited by fuppy 2 years.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So I am starting to have issues at around lvl 126. I can run Dunc, but it's very painful and slow. Ran Assur over ten times, but still no necro +2 skiller sadly. Did get one trophy fragment though.

I'm wondering if I better level in Fauzt. However, this would mean making the changeover to Stormeye. I am wondering what's the best way to manage without having all the required gear? Do I need to have twinked setups for Fauzt or is there an 'in between' kind of setup to move between "early game Frostclaw" and "lategame Stormeye" setups?

Also, what's the best way to get more belladonna pots and what's a good place to farm enchanted runes? I have been getting some randomly, but I haven't played in years and I couldn't run a search on the forums that would give me a good answer which areas are good. I hope someone creates a general guide for this some day, maybe I'll have to do it myself. I think condensing general gameplay strategies from multiple guides could be a great way to help players out that haven't played for a while or who are new.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Muilpeer wrote:So I am starting to have issues at around lvl 126. I can run Dunc, but it's very painful and slow. Ran Assur over ten times, but still no necro +2 skiller sadly. Did get one trophy fragment though.

I'm wondering if I better level in Fauzt. However, this would mean making the changeover to Stormeye. I am wondering what's the best way to manage without having all the required gear? Do I need to have twinked setups for Fauzt or is there an 'in between' kind of setup to move between "early game Frostclaw" and "lategame Stormeye" setups?

Also, what's the best way to get more belladonna pots and what's a good place to farm enchanted runes? I have been getting some randomly, but I haven't played in years and I couldn't run a search on the forums that would give me a good answer which areas are good. I hope someone creates a general guide for this some day, maybe I'll have to do it myself. I think condensing general gameplay strategies from multiple guides could be a great way to help players out that haven't played for a while or who are new.

I remember that back in the day it took me around 15 tries to get the +2 skill but now i got it on first try, too lucky.
Cant you get your complete set? It will make things much easier before you get the necessary end game gear, its not too hard to get, just go around 150 MF with full MO gear for cold damage or the element you are using, then you can proceed to the other ubers.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Muilpeer wrote:So I am starting to have issues at around lvl 126. I can run Dunc, but it's very painful and slow. Ran Assur over ten times, but still no necro +2 skiller sadly. Did get one trophy fragment though.

I definitely suggest you try out Stormeye for farming, even though you don't have all the gear for it.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
fuppy wrote:T4 leather gloves means one set less of MOs. I don't socket mine until Hell anyway, so they're level 1 req.

To be honest, at this point, it's not unreasonable to assume T1 is better.

5 MOs is:
20% mdmg
50 any stat
30% magic find
30% allres
60 spell focus
40% clr

4 runes is:
48 all stats
12% mdmg

4 gems is:
20% allres + 1 max
20% (16% for vit) chosen stat
Arqwart
Prowler
18 | 0
Bljadzon wrote:
fuppy wrote:T4 leather gloves means one set less of MOs. I don't socket mine until Hell anyway, so they're level 1 req.

To be honest, at this point, it's not unreasonable to assume T1 is better.

5 MOs is:
20% mdmg
50 any stat
30% magic find
30% allres
60 spell focus
40% clr

4 runes is:
48 all stats
12% mdmg

4 gems is:
20% allres + 1 max
20% (16% for vit) chosen stat

Problem with going all-in on TUs instead of utilizing 1-2 honorifics is that the build is starved for stat points. You need a lot of energy for damage, but the necro is split between needing a lot of strength (armor) AND dex (weapon) to transition into mid-game. Without an honorific or two, you're going to struggle for stats until you can fill in enough boss charms to make up for it.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Imperius wrote:

I remember that back in the day it took me around 15 tries to get the +2 skill but now i got it on first try, too lucky.
Cant you get your complete set? It will make things much easier before you get the necessary end game gear, its not too hard to get, just go around 150 MF with full MO gear for cold damage or the element you are using, then you can proceed to the other ubers.

Yes that's exactly what I'm sporting, I have many full sets, but the totemmancer set, only two pieces so far. I always get the helm somehow haha.

I have over 170% mf and MO'ed everything I could on my outfit that's possible.

Fuppy suggested to give Stormeye a try, so I'm definitely gonna do that! Already have a bunch of items, and will try to supplement the rest with Ornate crafts for now I guess.

fuppy wrote:I definitely suggest you try out Stormeye for farming, even though you don't have all the gear for it.

Okay, I'm on it!
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Muilpeer wrote:
Imperius wrote:

Yes that's exactly what I'm sporting, I have many full sets, but the totemmancer set, only two pieces so far. I always get the helm somehow haha.

I have over 170% mf and MO'ed everything I could on my outfit that's possible.

Fuppy suggested to give Stormeye a try, so I'm definitely gonna do that! Already have a bunch of items, and will try to supplement the rest with Ornate crafts for now I guess.

fuppy wrote:I definitely suggest you try out Stormeye for farming, even though you don't have all the gear for it.

Okay, I'm on it!

Good luck bro, i still have only two pieces as well lol, i found two shields and one knife.
But i found other very good Sacred Uniques to replace my set in the meantime, currently level 124 farming Teganze.
Kurast 3K is the best place for sets if you dont know that yet.